Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2005 9:05:49 AM EDT
Found a mini Ipod for $179 at Walmart so I bought it so our family could have a good Mp3 player for whatever occasion. It seems to be the one piece of electronics that hasn't lost its value one bit so finding it for less then the $199 was a good deal to me.

Anyways, ever since I started using this damn thing with the Itunes my MP3's have started to dissappear off my computer! It's almost as if when they're copied to the IPOD, it's cutting them into the Ipod and not leaving the working copy on the computer.

Anyone else run into this??

These Ipod's are sweet BTW, best MP3 player on the market bar none.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:09:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't let iTunes copy the files to the
"iTunes Library."

eta: I'm not at home, but there is a
option in the preferences for this.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:26:37 AM EDT
[#2]
A little off the subject here but I did not want to start a new topic. But has anyone used any of the aftermarket desktop docking ports for the Ipod shuffle? You I know I hate having to go behind the computer to charge my ipod.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:57:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Don't let iTunes copy the files to the
"iTunes Library."

eta: I'm not at home, but there is a
option in the preferences for this.

ipod rules. ....  At first I had a ipod and I put every song I had on it.  Navigation was great, but took too long to get to what I wanted, so I got a mini and only put what songs I wouldactually ever listen to on it.  It's so much better that I'm thinking of getting the new tiny one, but the little guy has no screen and hence, none of the cool navigation features....

I just changed my front USB ports to front USB 2.0 ports and that's where I plug it in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top