Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 7:24:57 AM EDT
Panama City Sports Fan Gets Death For Killing Wife Who Wanted To Cuddle

The Associated Press
Posted August 5 2005

PANAMA CITY · A man who said he was angry with his wife because she repeatedly asked him to cuddle after sex while he wanted to watch sports on television has been sentenced to death for killing her with a claw hammer.

Christopher Offord, 30, received the sentence Wednesday from Circuit Judge Dedee Costello, who said the brutality of the killing outweighed any mental health issues.

"The defendant struck his wife approximately 70 individual blows after spending a happy interlude with her," Costello said.

"Her desire to cuddle after sex does not justify the extremely violent, brutal response of the defendant." Ahhhh......no shit? Really?

Offord pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in the July 31, 2004, death of Dana Noser, 40, at his Panama City apartment.

He initially confessed to a bartender at a sports bar before being arrested.

He told investigators he got annoyed when he wanted to watch a sports program and Noser continued to ask him to return to bed with her.

Offord did not speak in court Wednesday but in the past has repeatedly said he wanted a death sentence.

"Prison isn't the issue," he said in June during a jailhouse interview with The News Herald of Panama City.

"I figured I killed her so I deserve to die," he said.

All death sentences are automatically appealed to the Florida Supreme Court.

At that June hearing, Offord claimed he had a history of mental illness since he was 6 years old.

He also told arresting officers that a voice in his head told him to kill Noser.

At a second sentencing hearing last month, however, he denied having any mental impairment, saying he had long fooled doctors.

He said he "just lost it" when he killed Noser and had been thinking about murdering her for weeks.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:25:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:26:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:32:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I just read about this in the Stars and Stripes

its pretty F$*#ed Up
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:33:45 AM EDT
[#4]
This guy obviously hadn't been introduced to ARFCOM, he'd be doing that after sex.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:34:43 AM EDT
[#5]
WTF is wrong with him, the proper thing after sex is to roll over and go to sleep.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:35:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Depends on what she looks like.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:36:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Geez, cuddle and watch the tv at the sametime.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:40:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:17:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
WTF is wrong with him, the proper thing after sex is to roll over and go to sleep.

Have you no consideration whatsoever for the women you sleep with?  At least give her the satisfaction of making you a sammich first.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:32:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:32:49 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:33:07 AM EDT
[#12]
You just know she said " Oh for God's sake, you can cuddle, it won't kill you..."
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:46:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Wow, what an inconsiderate dick, now he'll get no sex ever again, except for with a cellmate.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Geez, cuddle and watch the tv at the sametime.

+1 Not to point the finger at the victem or anything but it seems she couldn't take no for an answer.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

+3.

Isn't that what's coded into our genes?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:54:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

+3.

Well yea.......... But some wimmins complain about that too....... They should be more concerned if we got up out of bed to go out side & wash the truck then falling asleep after having ‘Relations’!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:55:13 AM EDT
[#17]
This thread has been hijacked and is now a religious thread.
Someone needs to bring up lesbian sex and then biblical quotes in order to get it moved the the bible thumper forum.

Quoted:
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=40475

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:55:20 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

+3.

Of course thats so you can rest up for the next time.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:56:56 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

That's what I do!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

+3.

I'm wide awake after sex...Sleeping usually happens about an hour later.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:01:03 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what I do!

That's a good indication that it was indeed 'Good'......... and both parties went to sleep......... like I said, and mentioned to the wife......... Be concerned if I got up to go wash the truck.....
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:12:49 AM EDT
[#22]
My thought is that if the woman wanted to cuddle after sex then that leaves the door open for more sex that night.  Not really a bad thing if you can hold up to the demand.

Rolling over and falling asleep is most likely best done after you can not stay awake anymore... or you have something important the next day.

Question... Has this guy ever herd of a invention called the VCR?

I may get flammed for this but there are a few things more important than watching sports.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:21:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
My thought is that if the woman wanted to cuddle after sex then that leaves the door open for more sex that night.  Not really a bad thing if you can hold up to the demand.

Rolling over and falling asleep is most likely best done after you can not stay awake anymore... or you have something important the next day.

Question... Has this guy ever herd of a invention called the VCR?

I may get flammed for this but there are a few things more important than watching sports.

Like more 'Relations'.........
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:23:09 AM EDT
[#24]
ESPN my azz.  I go to ARFCom when I'm done
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:11:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I'm wide awake after sex...Sleeping usually happens about an hour later.  

In my case, I guess it depends who I'm with.

Ex-wife? SNORE!

Trillian? BOING! (Not that that's happened in a long time, unfortunately... )
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Using one of our new emoticons...

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:30:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top