Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2005 7:23:32 AM EDT
This is where i want to mount it.  It is 48" wide by 12" tall.  

Also I might want to add a Amp on here also.

Thanks guys

All I need is the cloth now...

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:19:27 AM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:49:12 AM EDT
[#3]
MidGate?

Truck?

The two don't belong in the same sentence.

Tag for some ARFCOM engineering.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:51:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Any amp worth the bones is going to take up at least 12" x 8" (xTant monoblock), a 4 channel rockford would be a 12" 12" chop.

Look on the other side to put the amp, and make that side a covered AR holder.  Clamp on foregrip and buttstock wth quick release levers of some sort.  Cover with a grey nylon that won't show the item, but allow you to remove it in under 5 seconds.

Great post/question, great response.  In general, the very type of thread which makes arfcom great.  Carry on.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:52:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
MidGate?

Truck?

Meh, prolly an "Avalanche".

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:06:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
MidGate?

Truck?

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:53:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
MidGate?

Truck?

Yep its an Avalanch.  never really like on till I  bought this one.  I want another one for my wife now.  Its the best truck that I have ever driven.

Now back to the clamps.  I looked at Home Depot, didn't really see anything all that great.  I will be folding the mid gate down every now and again so it needs to be very secure.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Kind of a intresting site I found...

Tin Foil Guys...
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:14:14 PM EDT
[#10]
These might come in handy....cheap, simple, effective. Quick Clamp
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:36:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep that might work...

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Looks like what you need there and then add some velcro and fabric for a tear away cover and you are done.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:03:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like what you need there and then add some Velcro and fabric for a tear away cover and you are done.

Yea I think so.  Looks like that is my only really good option.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#14]
What's wrong with ballisitc nylon straps with velcro? Holds my Benelli M1 in my Eagle case just fine. Here's a pic of the same case holding an AR:

If you want to protect it from the environment (including any crap that gets tossed around inside the truck) get a Pelican case and bolt it to the gate.

BTW, do you have MT's phone number?

CW

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:06:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:12:03 AM EDT
[#16]
www.flmv.net/MISC..htm

Look on that list, he has the standard military vehicle mount for securing your M-16. Similar to those in the CUCV and M1114 for thsoe of you familiar. Easy to use, fast, and secure.

And cheap.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Tag , because I have a simular  space behind my seats and would like to do the same thing
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
www.flmv.net/MISC..htm

Look on that list, he has the standard military vehicle mount for securing your M-16. Similar to those in the CUCV and M1114 for thsoe of you familiar. Easy to use, fast, and secure.

And cheap.

Have you ever seen these mounts?

Price is great!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:03:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.flmv.net/MISC..htm

And cheap.

Have you ever seen these mounts?

Price is great!

Ya what do the look like?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#20]

cabelas
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Galls has every kind of vehicle mount imaginable. Not cheap.

www.galls.com/category2.html?assort=general_catalog&cat=557
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:19:52 AM EDT
[#22]
I found thiese on clearaince at "Sportsmans Wherehouse" here in PHX.  They might just work.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:41:54 PM EDT
[#23]
BUMP!!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:46:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Stupid question, but do cops get weird when they pull someone over and they have rifles mounted inside their truck ?  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#25]
If you're going to mount it, make sure you make it secure.

Big Sky Racks and Pro-Gard are some of the best secure vehicle mounts. Well worth the money.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Stupid question, but do cops get weird when they pull someone over and they have rifles mounted inside their truck ?  

Who cares as long as you are not in violation of State Law.
I've been pulled over and checked, but everything checked out OK.
Mr. Po Po didn't even question me other than to ask how much $ I had invested in it.

I'll have a different set up because now I drive a Jeep Wrangler and need secure storage.
I'll post pics when I get it done. Sometime this year.

HS1
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:08:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Pics added to the first post this morning.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Turned out great. Love that AMP!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:56:27 AM EDT
[#29]
nice job!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:26:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Cool.

Now, someone find me a way to mount something under the rear seat of a chevrolet extended-cab truck....
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Cool.

Now, someone find me a way to mount something under the rear seat of a chevrolet extended-cab truck....

What year?  Cuz that's what I've got (1996 Silverado 1500, to be more precise), and all I'm thinkin' is mebbe a pistol?

There's that cut-out/recessed area right behind the driver's seat, but good luck having a 6ft long right arm made of rubber.

Get rid of the "tackle box" for your jack and whatnot, and you might have a little bit more room to work with.  I dunno, 'cause I haven't really ever looked at that area with mounting anything in mind.  To be honest, I wondered about a cutout behind the rear seat.  Quicker/easier to get to, because to really get at anything under the rear seat, you'll have to flip the back down anyway.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.

For the record, I was just ribbin' about yer Avalanche.  I'm not a big fan of 'em, personally (i.e. wouldn't run out and buy one), but the folks I know who have one seem to love 'em.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#33]
zilch room in a 90 extended cab too.  Although if nobody ever sat in the rear anymore, you could probably cut into the back of the seat.  Although maybe way down at the bottom you might get something like a 10/22 or Remmie 597 with iron sights, maybe even a Mini-14 .  Maybe a lever rifle, but definitely very little room.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Dude, before I read the thread I thought you were gonna mount it on top of the truck, kinda like the SF guys with 249s or 240s on their Tacomas, only for a Shrike set-up or something.  Then I saw this.

I was gonna post with a big "Holy sweetness, that's awesome!" but now I can only say that you did a pretty good job, and it looks like a convenient and discreet way to transport some firearms.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:32:31 AM EDT
[#35]
I don't see any ammo storage, rule of thumb is 1 magazine per mile from home.

BTW, where did you get the pink furnature? I have to build my neice a rifle.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:46:19 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea I was trying to figure out how the amp and guns would work together.  Look like I'll be putting the Amp on the other side of the mid gate.  Ant one know where I can get some 1/2 plexi glass cheap?  Ill build a box to put the amp in with it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:22:39 AM EDT
[#37]
I have two comments (as if anybody cares)
1) really cool set up
2)not that this is more "concealed" but I have to say big sky racks are awesome, my rifle and shotgun stayed put when I rolled my truck, the tow chain from the way back wrapped around my neck though (long story)
FWIW
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:42:32 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Dude, before I read the thread I thought you were gonna mount it on top of the truck, kinda like the SF guys with 249s or 240s on their Tacomas, only for a Shrike set-up or something.  Then I saw this.

I was gonna post with a big "Holy sweetness, that's awesome!" but now I can only say that you did a pretty good job, and it looks like a convenient and discreet way to transport some firearms.

lol, that's what initially suckered me into the thread......... the ol' "bait 'n' switch"

but then i read it and was like, ok, i'll play.

i thought maybe he had a real truck () with a camper shell and wanted to mount it peeking over the tailgate.  but this is cool, too.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:44:31 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I don't see any ammo storage, rule of thumb is 1 magazine per mile from home.

BTW, where did you get the pink furnature? I have to build my neice a rifle.

dude, what size mags're you using?  traditional (10-20rnd) mags, at a rate of 1/mile from home would leave the zombies at a distinct advantage.............  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top