Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 12:31:42 AM EDT
I am trying to tread lightly since this is a sensative subject,  but can anyone tell me
for sure how long it takes for mail to get from a soldier in Iraq (in the rear area)  to the U.S.?
I just read a post on aother forum regarding a letter received from Iraq on 08-04  referencing the 14 Marines killed in the AAV earlier this week.

Is the mail really that quick?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:11:02 AM EDT
[#1]
No
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:39:18 AM EDT
[#2]
no way snail mail, email yes
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:42:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Not a chance.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:47:51 AM EDT
[#4]
nope. not possible.

letters typically take 7-14 days.

pacakges.....

well....

let's put it this way. guy's wife maield a package 2.5 months ago. it still hasn't gotten here.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:59:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I am sure there a going to be tons a of stories here about this. But over Christmas I sent my brother inlaw packages about every 2-3 week from the middle of November till mid January. He recieved the packages totally out of order. One day he came in he got 2 packages mailed a month a part but the pack I mail out before those two came the week after.

My sister sent him one and it ended up at his stateside Squadron  and sat for two weeks before one of the other wives called her to tell where it was.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:01:18 AM EDT
[#6]
My stepson is at Camp Fallujah. Most of the packages we send him get there in 2 weeks, give or take a few days.

Dave
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:29:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Two weeks is about right, though I did get one or two items amazingly quickly. (5 days or less)

I believe going back to the US is faster.

NTM
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I've read that it takes 12 to 14 days to get a letter from here to there, but I did
not know how quickly they get here from Iraq.
It got my attention because the post stated it was a letter, not an e-mail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top