Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 4:39:05 PM EDT
They scared the crap out of me today!  I have been patiently awaiting my CMMG Upper since late June.  It finally shipped out on Weds and I expected it to arrive today.  I was tracking the package from work and saw that it was delivered to my porch at 2:43 this afternoon.  I called my house and asked my daughter if she had taken it off the porch yet.  She went to go look for it on the porch and to my horror, she said it was not there!  I had her double check the front and back porch and she still found nothing.  I imagined the worse (a package thief) and rushed home early from work to see for my self.  

Just as she said, there was NO package on or off the front or back porch.  I didnt panic though.  My eyes quickly shifted to the neighbor's front porch.  I noticed that his front door mat was partially covering a long rectangular box.  Bingo!  There it was on the neighbors front porch.  I quickly recovered the misplaced package and took into my house.  The address label was correct.  The UPS guy just left it on the WRONG porch.  The addresses on my and my neighbor's houses are clearly posted.  But that didnt stop him from leaving it on the porch of my Dope Smoking Neighbor!  I am just glad that I found it before he noticed it.  I'm not saying that he would have tried to keep it, but I just wouldnt want to chance it.

It took me a while, but I finally settled down enough to open the box and enjoy my new upper.  It is now sitting on my Stag Arms lower and all is right with the world again.  I hope to wring out my new rifle at the range tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Heh, that would have scared the crap out of me, UPS is perty good aboud getting the right house for me, possibly because there are like 8 total houses on our street.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#2]
You did call UPS to complain about it, yes?  Make specific mention that firearms parts were delivered to the incorrect address and they will find out which driver it was and get on his ass.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:00:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

There it was on the neighbors front porch.  

Have the shipper file a loss claim as it was not delivered to the correct address, was it not? Teach them a GD lesson, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:20:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup.  You can be I'll be calling "somebody" in Monday.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There it was on the neighbors front porch.  

Have the shipper file a loss claim as it was not delivered to the correct address, was it not? Teach them a GD lesson, IMO.

+1 good idea.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:51:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a similar experience with UPS but not concerning gun parts.

I tracked the shipment to my home via internet.

Got home and asked wife where package is.

Wife said no package was delivered.

I called UPS and told them find the package.

I called shipper to place a trace with UPS.

One week later the package was mysteriously left on my front door step.

Hmmmm.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#7]
It might have made a sweet bong.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I had them leave a $3000 guitar that was shipped "signature required in person" sitting on the front porch of the house where I was staying a couple of years ago.

only honesty kept me from calling in and reporting it stolen to them. they would have been fucked.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top