Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 4:16:41 PM EDT
I got another e-mail from these idiots!

August 5, 2005

NRA ATTACKS AMERICAN BUSINESS OWNERS: TELLS THEM THEY MUST ALLOW ARMED EMPLOYEES
Show your support for one business that is standing up to the NRA

Dear John,

Let’s face it. The NRA wants guns in every nook and cranny of American life.

On Friday, they got their bill through the Senate to take away the rights of gun victims — and on Monday, they announced plans to take away the rights of employers and property owners.

Talk about hypocrisy: Just 72 hours after the NRA arm-twisted the Senate into passing a bill to bar victims from suing reckless gun dealers, they announce a national campaign to let gun owners sue business and property owners if they do not allow guns on their premises.

What the heck is going on in this country?

LAW WOULD REQUIRE BUSINESSES TO ALLOW GUNS IN THE WORKPLACE

The NRA's campaign, based on a criminal law passed in Oklahoma, requires all people and businesses to allow anyone, except a convicted felon, to bring guns (including assault weapons or machine guns!) onto their property, whether the business likes it or not.

If the business refuses, the law further states that you can be sued and held liable for damages and court costs. Businesses are now criminals for not allowing guns on their property? Absurd.

As incredible as it sounds, it is all true: if this bill passed in your state, you couldn't decide to prohibit guns on your own property.

This is about individual rights and the rights of businesses, big and small.

The NRA has launched a boycott against ConocoPhillips gas stations because the company saw the danger of the Oklahoma law and joined a federal lawsuit to block it.

Businesses like ConocoPhillips have many reasons for not wanting guns on their property. It can be based on the real concern of workplace violence or fear of accidental shootings. It can be for religious, moral, or philosophical reasons of the business owner. Or it may just be deemed inappropriate based on the type of business.

Bottom line: people have the right to determine the use of their property.

Below is a partial list of the types of businesses affected by this law; businesses that would be forced by law to allow people to carry firearms on their property:

Home-based or church-run day care centers
Amusement parks
Libraries
Churches
Refineries
Shelters for abused women
Nursery schools
Hospitals
Dry Cleaners
Factories

And the list goes on and on and on.

And what does the NRA do to businesses that oppose them? They encourage lawsuits.  They launch boycotts. Like the one against ConocoPhillips gas stations.

WHAT YOU CAN DO:

1. Call ConocoPhillips at 800-527-5476. Tell them “I want to thank you for taking a stand on keeping your employees safe and for not caving into the bullying tactics of the NRA.” They are keeping track of the calls . . . and you can bet the NRA members are calling.

2. Forward this email to a friend — ask them to make the call in support of ConocoPhillips and to sign up for the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence email list too.

We have to stop this NRA madness. And we need your help. We need to let American companies know that they should not cave to pressure from the National Rifle Association.

Don't just love these lying POS liberals?

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:19:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought the lawsuit had to do with allowing employees to keep firearms in their vehicles parked on company property, but didn't specify carrying into the workplace...

I could be wrong, read about it a while ago.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:22:12 PM EDT
[#3]
What exactly does the law in question say?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:22:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

And this is a bad thing because..........?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What exactly does the law in question say?

That the car is an extension of the home and they can have a gun there if they want to. I think that's it. All you sooners go ahead and correct me if I'm wrong.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#6]

1. Call ConocoPhillips at 800-527-5476. Tell them “I want to thank you for taking a stand on keeping your employees safe and for not caving into the bullying tactics of the NRA.” They are keeping track of the calls . . . and you can bet the NRA members are calling.

Well, I'm calling them NOW.  I didn't have the number.  THANKS LIBS!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:07:52 PM EDT
[#7]
PWNED by the closed office.  have to wait until morning...
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Ill say something:

If its private property owned by the company the company has every right to say no guns will be allowed on our property. Now people have every right to boycott them for this. However this has been blowin out of proportion on both sides.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd personally like to thank these dip-shits for suppling the phone number of Conico-Phillips.  I've been wanting to call them and tell them to phuck off, but didn't know the number.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:35:09 PM EDT
[#10]
It's good to see the pro-gun side with the initiative -gun control, for the most part, is only able to react to what our side is doing.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And this is a bad thing because..........?

+1
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:51:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Ill say something:

If its private property owned by the company the company has every right to say no guns will be allowed on our property. Now people have every right to boycott them for this. However this has been blowin out of proportion on both sides.

So what do you do with your gun when you get to work?

ETA: omn NRA NEWS radio today.  They were talking about this.  IN 2 Hours there were people calling in stating they would not by gar from concto(sp?) and 76.

Have any idea how much was promised not to be spent in those 2 hours?  Now this ammount is a years worth of gas.  Every caller added together.

Almost 12 Million dollers.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Anti-Gun policies interfere with a worker's right to defend himself while traveling to and from work. People may choose to shoot or hunt after work, as well. Since Conoco-Phillips can't guarantee their workers safety off the premises and has no right to dictate their workers legal personal activities, forcing them to disarm while traveling to and from their work site seems unreasonable to me. If it stays in the car, out of sight, it's none of their business. I think Conoco-Phillips is being unreasonable.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Why is it that the first instinct a lefty feels when dealing with a violent threat is to disarm?

The same reason that when a whore sees a huge dick her first impulse is to spread her legs.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#15]
While I agree we should be allowed to carry in the workplace, I would fully disagree with a law that says the business  has to allow it.   Why should a guy have to allow a gun onto his private property?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
While I agree we should be allowed to carry in the workplace, I would fully disagree with a law that says the business  has to allow it.   Why should a guy have to allow a gun onto his private property?

This has nothing to do with carrying in the work place.

Its about locking your gun in your car while at work.

What if they said you coulnt have a pack of smokes or something else in your car?

Go to www.nranews.com and listen to the rebrodcast of todays show.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why is it that the first instinct a lefty feels when dealing with a violent threat is to disarm?

The same reason that when a whore sees a huge dick her first impulse is to spread her legs.

Whores spread for money.  Sluts spread for dick.  Get it right.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:35:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

While technically "private property" most parking lots have no security, no fencing, no entry control.  Anyone can enter deterred by only a sign.

Also consider the fact that these rules effectively disarm a law abiding citizen from the moment they leave the house till the time they return.

The bigger issue is about a private organization searching private vehicles without a warrant (and holding the possibility of terminating the employee if they don't allow it).
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#19]
They had the police help them by telling the LEO's that they were looking for drugs.  Then they had the cops run the plates to find out who owned the cars with guns.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:38:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Who?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:26:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who?

Coalition To Stop Gun Violence
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:29:20 AM EDT
[#22]
tag
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:53:36 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whores spread for money.  Sluts spread for dick.  Get it right.

well i dont have that much any experience in that area.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:07:30 PM EDT
[#24]
I want to get on one of their mailing lists. How did you get picked?

Its good to see into the mind of the enemy.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:46:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

NOT a good idea. Ive BTDT. If you do decide to do it make sure you use a seperate account or an account made just for those emails cause some places will spam the crap out of you.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:52:43 PM EDT
[#26]
...including assault weapons and machineguns....

Oh my!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:54:38 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NOT a good idea. Ive BTDT. If you do decide to do it make sure you use a seperate account or an account made just for those emails cause some places will spam the crap out of you.

That bad eh?

I used to get polled all the time by dummycrats. I dont know who I ended up on thier phone list but it was fun while it lasted. This was years ago.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top