Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 3:37:16 PM EDT
This has really got to me in the last two or three weeks. The local weather forecast around here, seem to never be right. All three local channels will report the same conditions, and most of the time never even close to right. This morning the forecast was high of 82 with rain after noon. What did we get a sunny sky (no rain) and an ass burning 98. I know these so called Meteorologist get there info from the National Weather Service, so what's the problem. Maybe the Ohio Valley is in the Appalachian Triangle, the weather enters and is never seen or heard from again.

So does your local weatherman have a clue?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:39:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck no mine doesn't, my old weather man was picked up on child molestation charges (Bill Kamal, WSVN), CNN recruited Rick Sanchez from the same station, both are fruits, and Brian Norcross is a closet case. I just walk outside when I want the weather now.

ETA: What the hell kind of job is that where you can be consistently incorrect and employed at the same time?!?

My girlfriend's family watches the Weather channel all the time, they don't understand why I tell them that ALL weathermen are full of shit.

Sorry, meteorologists for the feminists
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:52:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't care...my weathergirl
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/zipdrive/reporter_DBM634_large.jpg

That may be my problem I don't have any eye candy in my local weather reports.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:02:18 PM EDT
[#4]
What cracks me up is the Thunderstorm warnings a couple weeks ago the National Weather Service issued a Severe Thunderstorm Warning for my area at 14:45 ended at 16:00.  At 16:00 the sun was shinning no clouds with a light breeze.  19:15 we got a dust storm that busted a mature tree in half, ripped shingles off roofs and blew lawn furniture around followed by one of the best lightning shows I've seen in years.  One struck an electric pole near us and caught a house on fire then it rained really hard for about 20 minutes.

Then at 20:30 the National Weather Service issue a Severe Thunderstorm Warning for our area effective until 21:15.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:07:07 PM EDT
[#5]
if it's 20% chance, 20% of the city will get rain, if 80% than 80% of the city will get rain. This was explained to me by the weather channel
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:09:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/zipdrive/reporter_DBM634_large.jpg

I cant help but notice that she's had the Dow Corning upgrade
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:18:41 PM EDT
[#7]
As a pilot I tend to get the raw meteorology data and determine my own forecasts, however...
Here in Arizona the meteorologists are pretty much always correct - gonna be sunny and gonna be hot!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Here they reintroduce us to the “convergence zone” every few days and use it as their excuse for not getting it right.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:25:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Have you ever heard Lewis Black's rant about being a weather man in San Diego?  There's nothing to it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top