Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 11:14:47 AM EDT

WAR ON TERROR: COPS CONFRONT UK'S MOST WANTED

ON the top-floor balcony of a shabby, redbrick Victorian building that is block K on the Peabody Estate in North Kensington, a scrum of armed police confront their quarry.

Captured on camera by neighbour Livvy Lokko, who lives in the block opposite, this dramatic moment will go down as a key turning point in the police war on terror.

Half-naked, with their arms in the air, two 21/7 bomb suspects had nowhere to run. Hemmed in on all sides, Muktar Said Ibrahim and Ramzi Mohammed could only surrender.

Police were armed with a Heckler and Koch assault rifle and a Glock 17 pistol.

A yellow Taser capable of delivering a 50,000-volt electric shock is clearly visible. Snipers were on the roof opposite. During thetense, 90-minute operation police had to blast off the front door to the flat and then fired in CS gas. The coughing suspects stepped tentatively out to the balcony from Flat 14.

One witness heard Ramzi say: 'I have rights' as the police moved in. An officer asked them to strip to their underwear 'to ensure you have no explosives on you'.

The police were poised, clearly taking no chances, aiming a bristling array of weapons at both suspects.

Two two bullet-sized holes can be seen in one window pane. But not a single shot was fired.

The suspects were handcuffed, dressed in white paper boiler suits and taken away for questioning.

Link.

Nice.  I wonder how many rights he would have in his Islamofascist paradise?

Just shows you the quality of the people we are up against.  I don't picture Davy Crocket or Alvin York coming out with hands up, in their underwear, complaining about their rights.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:21:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Jihadists will use any and all weapons they have against us. They will even use the basic tennets of our society in order to destroy us.

Bastards

The whole "I have rights" thing originated when the UK passed the "Human Rights Act" of 1998. It has been criticised by many as being a "Charter for chancers", and as a result of this piece of "pussy legislation", Berlinnie prison had to be brought "up to code" (turned into a holiday camp more like)
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#2]
They have the right to wiped from the face of the earth.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#3]
they have the right to be killed
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:27:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Off with his head.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Kick them out the back of a C-130 at 15,000 feet over the ocean.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:30:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Remember who else cried "I have rights?"

Perhaps we need a similar outcome here?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Why not feed each one...one-by-one-to a bunch of hungry, smaller sharks and let 'em suffer?

HH
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Kick them out the back of a C-130 at 15,000 feet over the ocean.

Kick them out of the Space Shuttle.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#9]
They'll probably elect him to Parlaiment.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:33:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Can't be as bad as George Galloway. (see the UK Hometown for a delightful list of his defeatist remarks)
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:35:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't be as bad as George Galloway. (see the UK Hometown for a delightful list of his defeatist remarks)

George'll probably take him under his wing and show him the ROPes.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:44:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Remember who else cried "I have rights?"

www.norcalmovies.com/DirtyHarry/dh26.jpg
www.norcalmovies.com/DirtyHarry/dh27.jpg

Perhaps we need a similar outcome here?

Didn't shoot him in the stadium IIRC.  

Got him after the school bus incident....

"I know what you're thinkin', punk. You're thinkin', did        he fire six shots or only five? And to tell you the truth, I forgot myself        in all this excitement. But bein' this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful        handgun in the world, and it'll blow your head clean off, you could ask        yourself a question. Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

The hippie psycho-sadist makes his choice and reaches for the      gun - but there is one more bullet in Harry's gun, and Scorpio is executed      and shot dead - in cold blood. His body is propelled backward into the small      lake. Callahan walks to the edge of the wooden platform      above the water to gaze down at the murderer's bloodied corpse floating and      slowly sinking below him.    
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:47:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

George'll probably take him under his wing and show him the ROPes.

Hahahaha! ROPes! Classic!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:00:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Didn't shoot him in the stadium IIRC.  

Got him after the school bus incident....

"I know what you're thinkin', punk. You're thinkin', did        he fire six shots or only five? And to tell you the truth, I forgot myself        in all this excitement. But bein' this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful        handgun in the world, and it'll blow your head clean off, you could ask        yourself a question. Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

The hippie psycho-sadist makes his choice and reaches for the      gun - but there is one more bullet in Harry's gun, and Scorpio is executed      and shot dead - in cold blood. His body is propelled backward into the small      lake. Callahan walks to the edge of the wooden platform      above the water to gaze down at the murderer's bloodied corpse floating and      slowly sinking below him.    

he shot him in the stadium but didn't kill him. after he shoots scorpio, harry walks towards him and scorpio starts whining, "you shot me!!!" "i have rights!!!" and then harry steps on the wound asking where the girl is.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#16]
August 05, 2005, 7:40 a.m.
“I Have Rights”
You’re in with the wrong crowd, Mohammed.

By Jonah Goldberg

When Ramzi Mohammed, one of the failed bombers in the second wave of attacks on London, was surrounded by representatives of the decadent, infidel West, he didn't shriek, "Allahu Akbar!" and throw himself at his captors in a suicidal lunge for martyrdom. No, instead he whined, "I have rights! I have rights!"

I was willing to bet we'd be arguing about this odd plea for weeks. One side would complain, "Can you believe the chutzpah?" The other side would applaud how even alienated Islamic youth have learned to respect the majesty of our criminal-justice system.

Of course, I'm squarely in the "Can you believe the chutzpah?" column. Murderous goons like Mohammed tempt God's wrath to the point of assuming the form of human lightning rods when, the moment they get caught, they suddenly stand firm on the principle that everyone be treated with dignity.

But the shocking part was that the tidbit vanished almost without comment. A couple of my colleagues at National Review noticed, but that was about it. The "I have rights!" hissy-fit wasn't even mentioned in the news pages of the New York Times.

If hypocrisy is the tribute vice pays to virtue, then Ramzi Mohammed has paid his weight in gold. Would a terrorist in remotely similar circumstances think to come out with demands for due process from the Saudi or Iranian police? Would the appropriate authorities under the Taliban quickly holster their guns the moment a suspect invoked his Miranda rights?

Now, some overly pedantic types might say, "Shows what you know! Islam has a very rich tradition of human rights."

To which I might reply, bully for Islam. The French have an ancient tradition of military bravery, but what have they done for me lately? Traditions are only impressive or useful if they actually shape conduct in the here and now. And in the here and now, the ideal states these nutjobs glorify have a much more vibrant tradition of cutting off heads, stoning women, and jailing nonbelievers simply for nonbelieving. If the Koran recognizes civil liberties, they must be using a "living" Koran in places like Saudi Arabia, the way we've got a "living" Constitution here, because the ideal societies of the Bin Laden crowd aren't sticking much to the original text.

But this raises the real significance of Mohammed's "I have rights!" tantrum. A sizable faction of the Islamists aren't so much pro-Islam as anti-Western.

Consider Hussain Osman, another of the alleged conspirators, Osman spent his youth as an enormous fan of all things American. "He had a fixation with America," his girlfriend explained, particularly with hip-hop. The Somali refugee went to the discos all the time and "worshipped" Tupac Shakur, the murdered rapper and son of a Black Panther. Now, it should be made clear that Mr. Osman is what some experts in the field call a "moron." Explaining to Italian authorities that he "preferred" not to be extradited to Britain — isn't that special? — Osman insisted that he was no "terrorist." After all, "We didn't want to kill, just sow terror."

But idiots are often very useful in illustrating the appeal of fascistic cults. Intellectuals are too good at covering their real psychological motivations with verbiage. It turns out that the famously "homegrown" terrorists of the London bombings were much more like John Walker Lindh or even the Patty Hearst types of the 1960s and '70s. Radical chic may be as a big a part of the story as radical Islam.

We've always understood this was the case to a certain extent. Osama bin Laden's prattling about the Crusades, for instance, merely shows how poisoned Islamism is by Western Marxism and anti-imperialism. Muslims used to brag about winning the Crusades. It was only after the West started exporting victimology that Islamic and Arab intellectuals started to whine about how poorly they'd been treated.

To a certain extent, radical Islam in Europe has taken the place of third-world Marxism — hardly a big leap when you think about how many Vietnamese "revolutionaries" were trained in Parisian salons. It's all about fighting capitalism, American "imperialism," modernism, etc. Marxism no longer provides a workable model, but the Islamists think sharia might. At the same time, like fascism and Communism before it, radical Islam provides a sense of purpose and meaning for losers and misfits who blame their misfortunes on "the system" (variously defined as the ruling class, the Jews, the capitalists, Col. Sanders, etc.). In this sense, Islamism is less about religion than ideology, and less about ideology than it is about alienation and low self-esteem.

This is just one reason why poverty is such a silly explanation for terrorism. Most of the 9/11 attackers, like the London bombers, were squarely middle class, and the leadership of al Qaeda is downright wealthy. My guess is that most of these losers would be miserable living in the utopia they're fighting for. And should it ever arrive, they shouldn't bother replying to the knock on their door by yelling, "I have rights!" Their kind of people don't bother knocking.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:16:35 PM EDT
[#17]

"I have rights"  

Bobby hits Haji in the back of head with a club.

"Shut up you git!" "You have the right to die and burn in hell!"

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top