Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 11:08:12 AM EDT
Is there a sequel to the move Office Space coming out?  I was in Blockbuster last night and they had a section called something like 'view the original before you see the sequel' and there were 5 or so copies of Office Space in that section.

Anyone hear of a new one coming out?  I tried searching the web and couldn't find any info.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:10:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont see how they could make a sequel.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:13:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Ron Livingston's charecter becomes disgruntled with working contruction, gets ready to burn a large office building up but before he torches the place he wins the Mega millions lottery.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:13:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yeah! Milton burned the fuckin' building down!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:13:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd see it. This one by Mike Judge looks good too.

Private Joe Bowers, the definition of "average American", is selected by the Pentagon to be the guinea pig for a top-secret hibernation program, set 1,000 years in the future. He discovers a society so incredibly dumbed-down that he's easily the most intelligent person alive.

Tell me that is hard to imagine given the current trend.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I think they're referring to Idiocracy, due out in October. Actually, Office Space (1999) itself was a remake of Judge's Office Space (1991).
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:31:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Fuck, I'll bet it's going to be funny!!

Quoted:
I'd see it. This one by Mike Judge looks good too.

Private Joe Bowers, the definition of "average American", is selected by the Pentagon to be the guinea pig for a top-secret hibernation program, set 1,000 years in the future. He discovers a society so incredibly dumbed-down that he's easily the most intelligent person alive.

Tell me that is hard to imagine given the current trend.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#8]
That was a good movie.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:56:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Hell, Idiocracy has Luke Wilson in it as the lead role.  If his previous movies are any guage this should be a pretty sweet flick.

That is, if you like the campy movies he's been in.  (Bottlerocket, Bongwater, Royal Tenenbaums...)
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I live that movie every monday to friday....
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#11]
As the Official barfcom "Office Space" expert, it is my opinion that there is NO WAY they could make a "quality" sequal to the Hit Movie "Office Space"

Fuggin A
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:07:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I think it would be pretty easy to throw together a sequel......Peter decides to go back to the tech industry, so Samir and Michael get him a job at wherever they are working (innatrobe?)

The Jen Aniston character winds up in a corporate job someplace.
Hell, even Lawerence (starring Nationwide) could get himself a permanent position working maintenance shop in the office building that the rest of them are in.

The possibilities are unlimited.
Have the old boss come back as a 'consultant'...and resume his rivalry with Peter....

Shit.....I think I oughta make this movie.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:26:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I think it would be pretty easy to throw together a sequel......Peter decides to go back to the tech industry, so Samir and Michael get him a job at wherever they are working (innatrobe?)

Hell, even Lawerence (starring Nationwide) could get himself a permanent position working maintenance shop in the office building that the rest of them are in.

Have the old boss come back as a 'consultant'...and resume his rivalry with Peter....

Hmmm...

You leave just enough holes in your workup to demonstrate it's not possible...

* Everyone knows the place Samir and Michael went to is "Initrode" aka "Penitrode"

* Everyone knows the "old boss" is Bill Lumberg.

No... you are not worthy.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey Peter, watch the cornhole!

Great movie!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#15]
NO SEQUEL!!   Please.

It's PERFECT just as it is.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn!
I have a BOSS that looks and talks just like MR Lumberg.He even comes up to you in the morning and says "Whats happenin"?with coffee cup and all....
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:48:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmm...

You leave just enough holes in your workup to demonstrate it's not possible...

* Everyone knows the place Samir and Michael went to is "Initrode" aka "Penitrode"

* Everyone knows the "old boss" is Bill Lumberg.

No... you are not worthy.  

I said "make it" , not write the script

Here's the deal, you write the dialogue, I direct.

I would love to see Bob Striedel playing the 'Milton' role at his consulting company in some unrelated break away shots.....would be so damn fitting.

ETA - No bullshit, it just occurred to me that on my desk, at my office, I have a post-it note stuck to the monitor that is there to remind me to have a conference call next week with two of my vendors....their names are both Bob. The note says "Meeting with the Bobs"

Too stupid...I dont even think I realized that when I put that up.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:14:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Office Space II (2006)

Lumberg, out of a job due to the fire at Initrode, is hired at a lower level position at Penetrode and put in charge of, ironically, their equivalent of the daily TPS report.  Samir and Michael begin to stress and decide that either Lumberg has to go or they will and it won't be them!  They create a rumor that Penetrode is facing a hostile takeover to try and rattle the new employee (Lumberg).  The rumor becomes reality when Penetrode actually is purchased by a mysterious buyer whose appearance in the local area seems to coincide with the return of Milton.  Tan, wealthy, and healthy from his many months in the tropics, Milton seems to have forgotten all about red staplers, but still carries a few grudges in only a way Milton can!  Lawrence and Peter's contruction company is hired by Penetrodes mysterious new owner to make much needed "fire safety" building modifications.  Lumberg hates doing TPS reports and sees the new building modifications and company expansion as a sign that (self) promotion may be a way to escape.  Can the reunited gang keep him in check without jeopardizing their own careers?  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:20:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Office Space II (2006)

Lumberg, out of a job due to the fire at Initrode, is hired at a lower level position at Penetrode and put in charge of, ironically, their equivalent of the daily TPS report.  Samir and Michael begin to stress and decide that either Lumberg has to go or they will and it won't be them!  They create a rumor that Penetrode is facing a hostile takeover to try and rattle the new employee (Lumberg).  The rumor becomes reality when Penetrode actually is purchased by a mysterious buyer whose appearance in the local area seems to coincide with the return of Milton.  Tan, wealthy, and healthy from his many months in the tropics, Milton seems to have forgotten all about red staplers, but still carries a few grudges in only a way Milton can!  Lawrence and Peter's contruction company is hired by Penetrodes mysterious new owner to make much needed "fire safety" building modifications.  Lumberg hates doing TPS reports and sees the new building modifications and company expansion as a sign that (self) promotion may be a way to escape.  Can the reunited gang keep him in check without jeopardizing their own careers?  

For real?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#20]
I think a sequal would be cool

As long as I hear the following?

"Fuckin A"

and

"Get up in your ass for the resurection"
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#21]
While were at it...

Why don't we make a sequal to "The Graduate", "Gone with the Wind", and "Passion of the Christ"

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Office Space II (2006)

Nicely done, TRW!

Do I smell a TV sitcom?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top