Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 9:45:03 AM EDT

In your relationship, while you were dating.  Who was pushing more to get married, you or your spouse?

Poll inbound
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:45:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Both of us.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:46:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Neither. My peener was the one pushing.

Both of us knew... She dropped some hints here and there but I'd been thinking about it for a while and knew I had to lock her down...
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Both of us.

+1
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:47:07 AM EDT
[#4]
We both worked to get there.  It was just time for both of us.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
We both worked to get there.  It was just time for both of us.

x2
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Honestly?  She was.

At the time she was a Mormon, and they usually try to wed as soon as they're finished with high school.  No flame, just my personal observation.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:50:37 AM EDT
[#7]
My wife was the first person to bring it up, but we both knew we were headed in that direction.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#8]
i guess i did,but i ended up paying for her divorce.never understood how a guy is going to let his wife move to germany.when they only been married a short time.
been married going on 12 years now.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:55:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Both of us. 29 years this Sunday!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:56:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Both of us.

+1, ALTHOUGH IT WAS THE WIFE THAT PUSHED TO MAKE IT OFFICIAL.

sGATR15
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:57:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Probably me more than her.  Now she thinks I saved her from singledom
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:06:34 AM EDT
[#12]
IIRC it was mostly me. I wasn't pushy, but I knew after we had been dating for a few months that I wanted to marry her, and if I didn't I wouldn't get married because she was totally different than any other girl I had ever known.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:07:17 AM EDT
[#13]
SAME TIME - I think we both knew from the first or second date that we were meant to be together for the long haul & marriage was a foregone conclusion pretty quickly.  

(We were good friends for several years before the first date, though. )

FWIW, I got the better end of the deal, by far.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:08:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Honestly?  She was.

At the time she was a Mormon, and they usually try to wed as soon as they're finished with high school.  No flame, just my personal observation.

Where is she from?  LDS girls do tend to marry a bit younger than the national average, but, "as soon as they're finished with high school" is a bit of an exageration.  Average is probably anywhere from 19 to 22 years old.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:09:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Same time.....
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:11:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Our parents!

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Honestly?  She was.

Where is she from?  LDS girls do tend to marry a bit younger than the national average, but, "as soon as they're finished with high school" is a bit of an exageration.  Average is probably anywhere from 19 to 22 years old.

Southern Utah.  I think her parents wed before her mother graduated, and her sister married immedately after her graduation.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:19:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Honestly?  She was.

Southern Utah.  I think her parents wed before her mother graduated, and her sister married immedately after her graduation.

Wow.  Must be a family thing.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:25:10 AM EDT
[#19]
We were in a good relationship, and I was the first one to bring up marriage.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:28:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Same time. I think its the best situation when both are ready at the same time.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:31:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Both of us just about simultaneously.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Honestly?  She was.

Wow.  Must be a family thing.

Not really.  More like a community thing.  A lot of people in her high school class and ward (or something) fit that stereotype.  I should also add (as a corollary) that pregnancy almost immediately follows.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:00:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
SAME TIME - I think we both knew from the first or second date that we were meant to be together for the long haul & marriage was a foregone conclusion pretty quickly.  

(We were good friends for several years before the first date, though. )

FWIW, I got the better end of the deal, by far.

About the same for me except we only knew each other for eight months before we married.  People said it wouldn't last.  Maybe not but it has been great for the last 27+ years.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:03:36 PM EDT
[#24]
the better poll would be:

MALE

FEMALE

BOTH
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Funny, I just bought a new bedroom set for the wife the other day, ah yes the joys of marriage.

course I would have rather bought a FN SPR with the cash
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

MALE

FEMALE

BOTH

Agree.

With us, she caught me. She overheard me saying to friends, "when we get married".
She was so excited.
Then irony, she was the one who was getting cold feet as the day approached.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:08:27 PM EDT
[#27]
If it was not for the kids, we wouldn't have got married. It was mutual.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:31:56 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

MALE

FEMALE

BOTH

Yeah.  Your probably right.

Right now I am in the situation where I want it, she is not ready.  Been dating a year now.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#29]
I tried to put the marriage off for a month or two, then she would move the date up a month or two.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top