Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 9:18:37 AM EDT
Anyone have any opinions of Juno dialup?? Anyone use them?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:21:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Used to a long time ago till they dropped the local number. They are ok, my gramps still uses them.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Dude, you are still on dialup?

We'll save you someday! When I used them they were excellent, no lag, great connect speeds, and never disconnected.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:24:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Dude, you are still on dialup?

We'll save you someday!

No, I have cable at home, T1 at work.

But I have to travel to relative's house, and they don't believe in anything newer than the rotary phone. Since I spend significant time there, I thought a dialup access for cheap might be a good idea for the laptop.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:26:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I just installed it at home for my wife.  About all she does is check email, so with Juno and Netzero she gets 20hrs a month free.  Works fine, for dialup.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Free Juno limits use to early AM hours. MIL has Juno Gold and says it is not to bad but has limits on file sizes.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:47:48 AM EDT
[#6]
make sure you verify access numbers in the area you wikk be in.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:48:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
make sure you verify access numbers in the area you wikk be in.

They have 2 numbers.

It has been......4 years since I used dialup! Goodness. Gotta dust off my modem-fu.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:51:06 AM EDT
[#8]
if you have a dsl account...  they wil usualy give you a limited about of dialup access too.  you those of you who use DSL might want to remember that
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:19:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Anyone have any opinions of Juno dialup?? Anyone use them?

Don't use any ISP that requires you install software of any kind.  Any WinXP box is perfectly capable of accessing the internet all by itself, and you don't need any branded, pop-up plagued, spyware laden bloatware hijacking your PC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top