Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 8:06:37 AM EDT
I asked this person for their contact info. and she said it WAAYYY to fast, it is almost like she wanted to see if I could keep up.  I don't understand why people can't just say it at a slower pace.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:07:03 AM EDT
[#1]
YES!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:07:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
YES!!

+1
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:09:54 AM EDT
[#3]
What's more annoying is when a person gives there number by four numbers and then three. Example; 4893-189. Do people ever do that to you? Around here it's common in the ghetto.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Big time. When I am giving my number I try to say it distinctly because it is easy to get the numbers backwards. What I hate more than a fast talker is a mumbler. Sometimes it sounds like the person on the other end of the line is either drunk, sleepy or both.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:11:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Big time. When I am giving my number I try to say it distinctly because it is easy to get the numbers backwards. What I hate more than a fast talker is a mumbler. Sometimes it sounds like the person on the other end of the line is either drunk, sleepy or both or is chewing a mouth full of cud.

Or a fast mumbler also known as a fasler
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:11:21 AM EDT
[#6]
 arent you guys wearing hearing protection when you shoot?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:11:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
YES!!

+1
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:11:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Or on a voicemail when the put the number at the end of a two minute message.  Then I forget the last couple numbers and have to listen to them ramble on again.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:13:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:15:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Try getting it off answering machines!!!

Sometimes I have to listen three or four times to get it and sometimes I can’t figure it out. Needless to say, these are THE LAST people I call back. Sometimes they call back and whine about not getting a call back.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:36:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Or on a voicemail when the put the number at the end of a two minute message.

Exactly.  Say the number at both the beginning and the end of the message.

At work we sold our voice mail system after we found that most of our customers just couldn't use voice mail.  It was so bad, the owner of the company decided to pay someone 24/7 (usually me at nights and on weekends) to answer phone.z
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:21:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Which is why its always good to repeat the number twice.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:52:47 AM EDT
[#14]
One  of  the things I like to  do to amuse my self is read my credit card number out of cadance .
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#15]

six five six four.........teen eleven

I CANT JIMMY THE 1 IN

the pattern is

BAM BAM BAM, BAM BAM............BAM BAM
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I asked this person for their contact info. and she said it WAAYYY to fast, it is almost like she wanted to see if I could keep up.  I don't understand why people can't just say it at a slower pace.

Maybeyou'rejustslowdidyoueverthinkaboutthatIguessnotwhatisitwitheveryonefromtheSouthanyway,whycan'ttheykeepupgottagogottago
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:37:21 AM EDT
[#17]
And give me your F#%@)(*#$ area code you moron!!!  I live in Dallas, we got plenty to choose from
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:37:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Ramblers are far worse.  When you're trying to get the heart of the message so you can write it down for your boss and they're talking about going to the salon, I want to scream.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:49:33 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybeyou'rejustslowdidyoueverthinkaboutthatIguessnotwhatisitwitheveryonefromtheSouthanyway,whycan'ttheykeepupgottagogottago

Even worse is when you ask them to repeat the number and they say it even faster...  Unless I really need the number I normally hang up on the idiots at that point...

People do it with e-mail addresses too...
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:53:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:07:59 AM EDT
[#21]
I handle warranty claims for a living so I can feel ya on this.The ones I love best go ahhhh ya my name is ben Dover ahhhh I am a tech with Cingular and ahhhh this piece of gear on this wall is not doing anything ahhhh could you please call me back,then hangs up and doesn't even leave a number.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And give me your F#%@)(*#$ area code you moron!!!  I live in Dallas, we got plenty to choose from

+eleventy billion on that one

People just assume you know which area code they have.  Annoys the crap out of me.

Well some of us are spoiled . If  it is in AK it  is 907
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top