Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 5:43:43 AM EDT
Listening to The Allman Bros. Band- A Decade of Hits.

Wow.

Smooth guitar work.  These guys jammed.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:46:21 AM EDT
[#1]
[Deep Purple] Dah dah dahhhhhhhhhh dah dah dah dah/Dah dah dah dahhhhhhhhdaaaaaaah[/Deep Purple]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:46:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Dickie Betts could definately bring it.  

I never get tired of hearing "Little Wing" Stevie R. Vaughn version.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:47:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Jeff Beck... Beck's Bolero!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:48:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Skynyrd, Zep
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:49:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Boston
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:49:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Clapton

SRV

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:50:04 AM EDT
[#7]
The 70's were a beautiful time for guitar rock.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:53:17 AM EDT
[#8]
ZZ Top's Just Got Paid.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:16:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Luther Allison:

Cherry Red Wine and L.A.'s Knocking On Your Door (Live).

Mercy!  White boy'll get whiplash listening to Luther!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:30:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Another Luther Allison fan!!! Love that stuff

Love some guitar too... Geez, I can't pick one. There are one or more

The slide guitar in Aerosmith's Rag Doll, plenty from Satriani, SRV, and Hendrix, "Yellow Ledbetter" (and many others) by Pearl Jam, Arc Angels, "Delaware Slide" by George Thorogood, "C'mon Suzie" by Indigenous (and others), "Black and Blue" by Van Halen (and others)... I'm leaving tons out I know...

This does not include the grinding guitars in songs like "Monkey Business" by Skid Row, and some new great stuff by Alter Bridge, Velvet Revolver... and many others.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:33:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:37:38 AM EDT
[#12]
If your guitar continues to jam, you should try cleaning it thoroughly, using diffferent magazines or ammo. Duh.

"Hey Joe"
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:51:00 AM EDT
[#13]

Steve Morse/Dixie Dregs.

Dickie Betts has had a tumultuous personal life, but is one of the most underated/overshadowed players in rock.

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:58:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Just about anything by Gary Moore, but Parisienne Walkway and The Loner are two standouts.  Jeff Beck Cause we Ended as Lovers, Hendrix's version of Voodoo Chile/Slight Return (no disrespect to Stevie Ray, but Jimi wrote it), Stevie Ray's Lennie.

For gettin' me in a mood to pick up the guitar, nothing beats Blue Sky by the Allman Bros....from the opening riff to the end, that song will transform my mood no matter HOW shitty I'm feeling.  

Steve Vai's For the Love of God...you can tell the boy's inspired on that tune, no question.  

Yngwie's Bach piece on the first album...can't remember the name, but it really is a Bach tune.  

That's it for starters, but I could go on all day.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:01:43 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I never get tired of hearing "Little Wing" Stevie R. Vaughn version.  

That is just about perfect.  It almost brings tears to my eyes.  Amazing.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:09:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The 70's were a beautiful time for guitar rock.

Absolutely.

The music industry wonders why record sales are down...  there ain't nothing out there worth buying, boys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top