Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2005 7:30:14 PM EDT
He Landed in his HMX-1 100ft. away from me. He was visiting the Gaylord Hotel in Grapevine Texas, he landed in front of the fire station my dad works at. He arrived with 2 Marine One's and three blackhawks.  The Secret Service Presence was amazing!

This Is A Picture Of The Pile Of Weapons That Was Laying In The Bay.  There were about a dozen MP5's,   4 AR-10's,  and 4 Sniper Rifles.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/311344.jpg

http://removed

This Is The CAT (Counter Assault Team). They were all in their early twenties. A very cool bunch of guys, I talked to them for quite a while.  They carried some awesome M4's!

http://www.hunt101.com/img/311346.jpg

Here He Is!  This Is As Close As I Could Get While He Was There. I Had To Be Inside The Firestation With The Blinds Down.   If You Cant Make It Out, He Is The One Getting Off The Chopper.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/311347.jpg

This Is Marine One And One Of The Army Blackhawks.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/311348.jpg

http://www.hunt101.com/img/311349.jpg

His Chopper Taking Off.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/311351.jpg

His Motorcade Lined Up In Front Of The Fire Station.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/311352.jpg

This Is A Short Video Of Two Of The Blackhawks Taking Off.

Blackhawks
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:31:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:31:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet

Tag for the pics
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#3]
EDITED With Pictures!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:26:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Wiat, who told you to  take out the one pic?  Why cant we see it?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:30:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Secret Service Said No Pictures Showing The Inside Of The Vehicles, Helicopters, Airplanes, or Submarines.   I assume it is for security reasons so I will not show it.  They were very anal and thorough.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:32:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Wiat, who told you to  take out the one pic?  Why cant we see it?

My thoughts exactly.

Hi there Mr. The Man

Hope you enjoy your shift covering ARFCOM tonight.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:33:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Secret Service Said No Pictures Showing The Inside Of The Vehicles, Helecopters, Airplanes, or Submarines.   I assume it is for security reasons so I will not show it.  They were very anal and thorough.

Did they tell you that AFTER you posted it?

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:34:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Very cool pics, must have been very exciting.
Was he expected or was it a suprise visit?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:34:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Great pics!!!!!

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:34:55 PM EDT
[#10]
A friend of mine from the military got to hang with him for a few hours, when he was coming back from Chile last year, after the election (stopped in Colombia, where my friend is on MSG) -

awesome pics though
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:39:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Pretty cool.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:40:30 PM EDT
[#13]
What's with all the school buses lined up?  Are they always like that, or is that another layer of protection?

Eric  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:42:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Very cool!  

Hope ya'll didnt get toned out to anything while all those secret service vehicals where in the way

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:43:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Secret Service Said No Pictures Showing The Inside Of The Vehicles, Helicopters, Airplanes, or Submarines.   I assume it is for security reasons so I will not show it.  They were very anal and thorough.

So then why did they let you keep the pic?

It's not passing the smell test.

ETA:  when I was on St. Martin.  Bush SR Landed to talk to the French Pres.  I was taking pics of the planes, A Marine came up and took my film.

Please explain so we don't say bad things in your thread about you.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:44:09 PM EDT
[#16]
cool
but anyone else think it's really shitty security that someone was able to get in the driver's seat of one of the vehicles and be in it long enough to get their pic taken?
hell, I got yelled at for climbing up on a 3 foot high berm next to the dirtch to get a slightly better view when AF1 left Buffalo a while back
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:44:34 PM EDT
[#17]
It was an expected visit, secret service had been there for a week setting everything up.  There are 82 school buses there, the secret service wanted them there to block line of sight. Every road for a square mile was closed down.  There are two counter-sniper teams set up in the field.    That picture of tthe limo was taken the day before he was there. The place was closed to the public, only firefighters were allowed in there so security was light, when the picture was taken we didn't know the rules. The next day is when they said not to take pictures of the inside.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:45:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So then why did they let you keep the pic?

It's not passing the smell test.

My guess is that he is not some random goober.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:46:07 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
cool
but anyone else think it's really shitty security that someone was able to get in the driver's seat of one of the vehicles and be in it long enough to get their pic taken?
hell, I got yelled at for climbing up on a 3 foot high berm next to the dirtch to get a slightly better view when AF1 left Buffalo a while back

+1 - This needs to be checked out.

BTW, Mr. Secret Service Man that is reading this thread right now - Welcome to the site!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:48:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
It was an expected visit, secret service had been there for a week setting everything up.  There are 82 school buses there, the secret service wanted them there to block line of sight. Every road for a square mile was closed down.  There are two counter-sniper teams set up in the field . . . Ill post pics.  

Sure that is a good idea?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:50:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Mr. Secret Service Man that is reading this thread right now - Welcome to the site!

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:51:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:03:06 PM EDT
[#23]
According to www.hunt101.com that pic never existed in your thread
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:08:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Hmmm . . . Weird.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:11:14 PM EDT
[#25]
That's cool...  

Check out how the busses line the perimeter of the LZ.  
~Dg84
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:19:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
That's cool...  

~Dg84

Yes this is a very cool thread.  

Just wondering about the "picture", who told you not to post the pic, and when?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:39:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That's cool...  

~Dg84

Sounds like the Secret Service told him the day after he took it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:59:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
That's cool...  

~Dg84

Sounds like the Secret Service told him the day after he took it.

Hehehhehe   OOPS.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:32:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Cool pics. Thank you for sharing them.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:49:20 PM EDT
[#30]
thanks for the pics!  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:07:33 AM EDT
[#31]
what exactly was so important that the prez needed to take a ladder, engine,waaamulance and what ever was in the 4th bay out of service to land his helicopter there?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:10:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Is your dog still alive or what?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#33]
The Last Picture Was Posed, That Was After The President Left. All Of The Fire Trucks Were Parked On The Street While He Was There. One Of Our Ambulances Went In His Motorcade. There Were Two Calls While He Was There, No Problems Getting To Either One, We Had Resources From Several Different Cities Staged In The Area.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The Last Picture Was Posed, That Was After The President Left. All Of The Fire Trucks Were Parked On The Street While He Was There. One Of Our Ambulances Went In His Motorcade. There Were Two Calls While He Was There, No Problems Getting To Either One, We Had Resources From Several Different Cities Staged In The Area.

I would say CAPS LOCK but maybe it should be Caps Lock???? WTF
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
That's cool...  

~Dg84

First thing I noticed, too.

I'd love to spend a week with the SS. Just the science of securing an area, setting up egress and counter-assualt, and all that good stuff would just be fascinating.

Those guys are awesome.      <---- Obligatory comment for the lurking Feds!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#36]
tag
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
What's with all the school buses lined up?  Are they always like that, or is that another layer of protection? Eric  hr
You are correct.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:48:20 PM EDT
[#38]
I was picked to go help service an Air Force One main mount wheel at NAS Point Mugu back in 1984.

The regular Air Force maintenance guys needed to borrow some of our GSE and tools (their nike cart didn't have enough pressure) so we were "volunteered" to help out.

After we were we done we were invited by the maintenance guys (with the Secret Service guys permission) to go aboard the plane to check it out.

Up the boarding ladder, into the first area for a quick look around and then we were off the plane.

From what little that I saw it was SWEET inside!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Just Added Video

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:28:58 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Very cool!  

Hope ya'll didnt get toned out to anything while all those secret service vehicals where in the way

Yea really........... I was Thinking the same thing
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#41]
I've no reason not to believe you.
Thanks for the grea pics

Cheers

Taffy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top