Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2005 7:03:58 PM EDT
So I'm at the barbershop waiting to get my haircut, one of the barbers is cutting the hair of a soldier, and the other barber is cutting the hair of a man I would say is in his upper 50's.  I notice the older man is trying to get the attention of the barber cutting the soldiers hair.  Finally after several tries, he gets the attention of the barber.  The barber walks over to the older man and it’s obvious that the man is whispering things into the barber’s ear.  The barber walks back over to finish the soldiers haircut.  I'm sitting there thinking, what the hell did that guy say about the soldier, I am literally starting to shake I am getting so mad.  The older man got done with his haircut and walked out to his car.  After a few minutes the soldier is done, and he stands up to pay the barber, the barber says no, the gentleman that just got his hair cut, paid for yours and wanted me to tell you "thank you".  Tears come to my eyes, as they do to the soldier.  After I realized what just happened, I got up and went outside to apologize to the man for what I was thinking and shake his hand but he had already pulled away.  The soldier then told the barber how grateful he was and that he has had several similar experiences.  What a cool thing to do, I wish I would have done it, and I'm ashamed for thinking the worst, rest assured, this isn't the last time something like this will happen.

To all you soldiers....."Thank you for all you do"

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup, cool story. Thanks for sharing, remember - half FULL, not half EMPTY.  Your heart will last longer and you'll very likely be a happier person.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top