Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2005 5:41:28 PM EDT
Getting back into gaming on the PC. What's a good controller (gamepad) out there. I play mostly war games. Battlefield 2, Brothers in Arms type games. I picked up a Saitek controller today? Is it any good? What do you use?

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:43:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:47:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, how did I miss that forum?

Quoted:
ask here, in the gaming forum

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Stick with a mouse and keyboard for first-person shooters. Can't match the accuracy of a mouse with a control stick.

If you must, replace the kbd with something like this:

catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=2071&pcount=&Product_Id=157024
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:15:48 PM EDT
[#4]
The only problem with the gaming forum is you get about 3 posts a week there.  

I use a PS2 controller.  I have a USB adapter thingie, so I can plug it right in and game away, although I don't do much of anything on the computer these days that would require this kind of controller...I MUCH prefer racing game and stuff like that on consoles.  

Way back in the day, I had a 3DFX Hammerhead...it was the baddest controller ever, but they don't work under XP, and require 5v to the joystick port...which no sound cards do anymore.  

Saitek stuff is pretty good.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top