Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2005 5:34:57 PM EDT
Stupid question.

I have put air in tires lots and lots of times and never a problem.  Now I have a small compressor with a built-in tank (2gal) and I also have a portable 7 gal. tank.  One has the plain round tire filler thing and the other has one of the long post jobs that has the socket on both sides.  Trying to put air in the motorcycle tire and the air won't go in with either tank or plug.  I can push the pin and air will come out of the tanks and I can push the pin on the tire and air comes out but I can't get any to go in.  Confused so I tried the car tire and same thing.  Any ideas???
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#1]
If you can push the pin in on the nozzle of the hose with your finger, you have little or no air pressure in the tank. Make sure the valve is open between the tank and the hose. Also check to see if a regulator is present which may be set at  a very low pressure.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#2]
The thiing that jumps at me is maybe there is more air inthe tire than the line?

Is there any way to adjust the output on your comp, or even an air gauge?  What does it say.

Also, how much air is in the tank, and can you get the comp to put air in the tank?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I can max out either tank at 125 psi which is where I started.  When that didn't work I thought that maybe that was too much pressure so I took it to 80, 60, 40 with the same result.  The bike tire pressure is at 15 psi after playing with the stem and the car tire is at 25 psi.

When the round one didn't work I just thought it was bad somehow so I went and got one of the double ones and same result.

Really odd.

One is like this
www.northerntool.com/images/product/images/159141_lg.gif

The other is lke this
partners.drivewerks.com/catalog/images/tools2003/MIL-S-699.jpg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top