Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2005 4:34:43 PM EDT
www.putfile.com/media.php?n=B13-Parkour-bizarsite

Anyone know what movie it's from?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not just kick their ass if you are that athletic?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Guy's a badass, that's for sure. It's really hard to do that many shots inside real buildings. It looked great. Some of those jumps were pretty spectacular. Must've come from HK, I'd guess.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:47:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Why not just kick their ass if you are that athletic?

Better question.
Why not just use the assault rifle on the back of one of those guys to shoot the guy whiles hes playing leapfrog?
It'd be like Duckhunt. only better.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:47:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember seeing videos of this guy elsewhere I think.  He is amazing with that kind of stuff.  Jumping and doing flips off of huge ledges and over crazy gaps, climbing straight walls.  Insane.

Direct link so I can download it
Direct Vid Link
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:50:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I think alot of that most any in shape guy could do.
I'd try it, but the first landing I did from a jump would leave peices of exploded kneecap all over the place.

Bad knees SUCK.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#6]
So, what movie was it from?  I agree, that guy's got some moves.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:08:59 PM EDT
[#7]
There is a French acrobat (I believe this is him) who has a set of short films online where he does some of the most amazing stunts you have ever seen.  He descends about 6 stories by bouncing back and forth between two walls of adjacent buildings, makes a 30 foot jump like you saw at the end of the film here, etc.  I do not have a link, but the things he does in these films is beyond the skill level of most people, I guarantee you.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#8]
They call that Free Running or something. They had a whole hour long show on TLC or Discovery about it a week or so ago and I had consumed enough beers for it to actually be interesting.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#9]
there is a japanes movie i saw that is similar. but has lots of heavy gunplay like heat. lots of acrobatics, rapelling.. very neat .. very different..

saw it several years ago on late night satellite and have been trying to figure out every since..

some of the rope scenese were spectacular. was made by some japanese guy who is supposedly famous for the type of film..

wish i could remember it..
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:27:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Gymkata!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:32:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
There is a French acrobat (I believe this is him) who has a set of short films online where he does some of the most amazing stunts you have ever seen.  He descends about 6 stories by bouncing back and forth between two walls of adjacent buildings, makes a 30 foot jump like you saw at the end of the film here, etc.  I do not have a link, but the things he does in these films is beyond the skill level of most people, I guarantee you.

Thanks! That helped.

The guys name is David Belle and the sport (or whatever you want to call it), is called "Le Parkour"

He has an official website, www.davidbelle.com, but the Flash crap doesn't work on my computer.

There's a few clips Here

and here
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:36:12 PM EDT
[#12]
That is pretty badass.  I love when he knocks the guy down the stairwell and the dude goes bouncing all the way down.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top