Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 4:26:00 PM EDT
Do you think its a smart way to meet women?

I'm only asking because a friend is going through a divorce after 18 years of marraige and he somehow thinks this is a good idea.

Basically, if he sees a hottie he leaves his number on her car.

Does this work???
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:27:13 PM EDT
[#1]
No. It is a great way for her psycho ex-con meth-addict pimp/boyfriend to look you up and kill you, though.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:29:15 PM EDT
[#2]
It screams stalker to me, but if 1 out of 50 women call back then I guess it['s a success.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a good way to get phonecalls at 3 a.m.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:31:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Reeks of desperation.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:31:28 PM EDT
[#5]
No, but what does he use to write it with?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:32:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Would you (or anyone else here), want to go out with the type of woman that would respond to some stranger who left a phone number on her windshield?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:33:34 PM EDT
[#7]
"I think ur hott. My fone # is 555-1276
If you would like to go on a date, check this box [ ]"

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:37:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Bad idea.
Maybe the girl is underage, and your buddy REALLY get in trouble when her Dad and 3 older brothers all decide to pay a visit.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It screams stalker to me, but if 1 out of 50 women call back then I guess it['s a success.

+1 stalker
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:38:33 PM EDT
[#10]
<tom arnold>two words for you In-sane</tom arnold>
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:41:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Bad idea.
Maybe the girl is underage, and your buddy REALLY get in trouble when her Dad and 3 older brothers all decide to pay a visit.

That would be a real way of extracting revenge on someone.

Just leave notes with your marks phone number on women drivers windshields (hot or not).
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:43:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I've done this.

In my situation, me and the chicky snack chatted for a while in a bank parking lot. The chat ended prematurely because she had an appointment inside. It didn't even occur to me to ask for her #.

Once she left and I realized that I could have scooped her up, I decided to leave my # on her drivers window. She called a couple of hours later. We went out and ended up driving to Key West for the weekend. The boat was fun!!!!!!! &

She turned into a psycho a couple of weeks later when she found out I had a gun obsession.
I never found out why, but I was getting tired of her anyway so I didn't care.

Yes, it works. But you have to atleast conversed with the girl first. Otherwise it wreaks of desperation for a stranger to put his phone # on a strange womans windshield. Go figure.

HS1
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:44:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Some guy did that to my wife. It made her feel flattered and creeped out at the same time. I thought it would be funny to call him at oh-dark-thirty and act like I was her...

*think Dr Girlfriend from the Venture Brothers....

GT
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:44:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Leaving your phone number on a girls windshield?

It is not something I have nor would ever consider doing. On the other hand, over the years, I have had several women write their name and phone number (with lipstick) on the windshields of my vehicles.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 stalker

Yep........Maybe cool in the movies..But...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Some guy did that to my wife. It made her feel flattered and creeped out at the same time. I thought it would be funny to call him at oh-dark-thirty and act like I was her...

GT

shit dude, that had me rolling
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
<tom arnold>two words for you In-sane</tom arnold>

Totally insane.  I think if this happened on SHEISLEGENDs car we would forward the info to the police.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:04:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Never on my windshield, but I was once important enough that I had an office with a door.  One time, there was a poorly-disguised "anonymous"  note stuck under the door.  I already knew her... let's be kind and say she was "avoidable".

I'd probably have the same expectation if it were to happen again, and I'd be shocked if a lot of women didn't see it the same way.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:43:59 PM EDT
[#20]
In high school guys would write thier ex-GF's phone number on the lav. wall when they got dumped.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Reeks of desperation.

+1 YUP!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Same reply as the gay thoughts topic.  Not only NO!!!!!!!!!  BUT HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#23]
terrbile idea, tell him to grow some balls and talk to them.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#24]
He thinks this is a better idea than actually TALKING to the women?

What an idiot.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:13:52 AM EDT
[#25]
If I had never left my phone number on this one girl's car in college, we'd have never met, become best friends, discovered we were soul-mates, and gotten married (15.5 years now).

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:35:02 AM EDT
[#26]
"Stalker, huh?"

[Pat Healy]"Yeah, big time!"[/Pat Healy]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:37:56 AM EDT
[#27]
insane is right...

I did it once..

and I ended up marrying her!!!!
note: I worked with her for months before this.  Yea I know..I am lame.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:40:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:42:47 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
No. It is a great way for her psycho ex-con meth-addict pimp/boyfriend to look you up and kill you, though.

Hehe, agreed.  Bad idea.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:56:30 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Totally insane.  I think if this happened on SHEISLEGENDs car we would forward the info to the police.

Yea, because a real crime was committed.  

It may be cowardly, but it isn't stalking unless it happens to the same
girl more than once.

The best option would be to talk to the girl, if even for a second,
just so she has any idea who left the note.  
Note would read "I would like the chance to talk more,
if interested, here is my number...."  or something like that.
Then drop it.  

I don't know of any woman who would call a number on a note
without at least knowing what the guy looks like.  

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:59:55 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Reeks of desperation.

More to the point - it reeks of not having enough confidence to face her himself.  Understand?

Women are not attracted to wimps.  

CMOS
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:09:22 AM EDT
[#32]
No way would my wife have responded to a number on a winshield.
She's told me that when I came walking up the stairs to the section on the bar
she was working, she dropped her tray of drinks on the bartender, and, was immidietly
turned on becasuse I looked, at that point like I "could kick the ass of every guy in the place".

Bottom line is, chicks dig confidence.  If you are not secure with yourself (i.e. talking to a girl) how do you expect a woman to be?  Why would she expect that you would be a good father or providor?  You may well be both, but, chicks have already made thier mind up about you within about 5 seconds of meeting you.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:09:35 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

GT

that would be too funny.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:10:52 AM EDT
[#34]
My BIL left a note on his ex-gfs windshield (since she wouldn't talk to him in person). She filed a restraining order against him for stalking.

Unless he wants tons more crap in his life, I would advise against doing so.

Whatever happened to just walking up, introducing yourself, and starting up a simple conversation?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:17:54 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
terrible idea, tell him to grow some balls and talk to them.

Exactly. Self-confidence is a must in the dating world.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:31:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:41:14 AM EDT
[#37]
stalker
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:42:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Lot's of good advice. I think I will print this out and give him a copy. I guess having to start dating again after 18 years of marriage (to your high school sweetheart) is really difficult.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:24:40 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea, because a real crime was committed.  

It may be cowardly, but it isn't stalking unless it happens to the same
girl more than once.

The best option would be to talk to the girl, if even for a second,
just so she has any idea who left the note.  
Note would read "I would like the chance to talk more,
if interested, here is my number...."  or something like that.
Then drop it.  

I don't know of any woman who would call a number on a note
without at least knowing what the guy looks like.  

No, because it sounds like something a whack-job would do and if he showed up later and tried to grab her arm so he could "just talk to her for a minute" we would want the previous (weird, creepy) contact via note documented so when she popped him with her concealed piece we would have a better position.

Also, if it had been happening to other women and he *had* committed a crime with another woman we would want to help.

ETA: I'm not sure why you put the crazy icon there.  As if what I'm suggesting is nuts.  I'll tell you what's nuts: some creep watching a girl he doesn't know and leaving notes on her car.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:34:56 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Lot's of good advice. I think I will print this out and give him a copy. I guess having to start dating again after 18 years of marriage (to your high school sweetheart) is really difficult.

Thanks

That would seriously suck. My wife and I have been together since our junior year in high school.
12 years or sumpthin like that....

GT
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:58:57 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
"I think ur hott. My fone # is 555-1276
If you would like to go on a date, check this box [ ]"

Will you go out with me?

[ ]  Yes
[ ]  No

[ ]  Maybe  <---- (added in by her in scrawled pencil)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top