-this credit card commercial with an annoying song by Five For Fighting

Discuss.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#1]
<--------- 400 channels.

ALL!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The New York Times commercial. I hate every single actor on that commercial, but especially the self absorbed dyke that says "This is a useful tool...for living in the city"

God I hate her.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#3]
well, I like the capitol one commercials with david spade. Those are damn funny. The ones I hate , hmmmm.

I don't watch much live television as I tivo everything so I fast forward through the commercials.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#4]
you're not even safe outside of cable.  My BIL works at a car dealership, and it is in a group with 2 other dealerships.  One of the dealerships(a lot that is in a cruddy section of Chicago) runs ads every once in a while on an independent channel that runs informercials and religious shows all day.  The commercials are quite annoying.

And then those damn medication commercials.  Why should I care?  Those "Valtrex" ones are the worst, especially with that annoying as hell singer that's sings one line "It's a brand new dayyyy".  OMG that is worse than fingernails on a chalkboard.

And don't get me started on those commercials with that asshat Billy Mays.  Screaming isn't going to make me buy your product.

And there's this other annoying British dude Anthony Sullivan.  His latest product is the "one sweep" or something like that.  That guy is so fucking annoying.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The New York Times commercial. I hate every single actor on that commercial, but especially the self absorbed dyke that says "This is a useful tool...for living in the city"

God I hate her.

The thing that gets me is I think its targeted as a national commercial.  If your showing all across the country, than why the hell do you need the fucking NY times if you live in, say Minot, North Dakota?!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:30:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Several years ago there was "Darin's dance grooves". GOD , how I hated that commercial!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:31:57 PM EDT
[#7]
That obnoxious Burger King chicken fries commercial
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Several years ago there was "Darin's dance grooves". GOD , how I hated that commercial!

I had to watch part of the video in my speech class.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:32:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I hate any comerical they play twice in a row or twice during a comerical break
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:33:12 PM EDT
[#10]
All those priceline, travel, ect, the ones with the talking Gnome drive me nuts.....

And the Comcast adds, the one that seeks advertisers esp anoyes me.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#11]
ANYTHING with that asshat Billy Mays
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Carls jr.

I don't need to hear the sounds of people eating.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Those new quiznos commercials with the frigging talking baby.  I HATE talking babies.  HATE THEM.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:38:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Those new quiznos commercials with the frigging talking baby.  I HATE talking babies.  HATE THEM.

I liked the rats better.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:42:24 PM EDT
[#15]
There are too many for me to count.

The first commercial I hated so much that I instantly changed the channel were the Wisk "Ring Around the Collar".
This was before remote controls people.  The commercial would come on, I would jump to the set and turn the knob to the left, to the right, anywhere, just to get away from that eyesore.

Nowadays I either hit the Mute button or change channel.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

No kidding.  I hate those too.

Oh, the one where the little brats are going to the bathroom themselves, and the music is that "I've got the power!"  Good now shut the fucking door and keep quiet, and don't forget to spray!  Then they run around all happy cause they went to the bathroom without help.  My cat is the only thing I know of that gets excited by taking a shit.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#17]
The ones with that creepy fucking "Burger King" guy -- sort of a mask with a macabre look and feel.

That dude bugs the shit out of me, don't know why.   I'm one of the few who hated that "Ask Darth Vader" thing because the BK creep was in the shockwave app.

[Shudder]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The ones with that creepy fucking "Burger King" guy -- sort of a mask with a macabre look and feel.

That dude bugs the shit out of me, don't know why.   I'm one of the few who hated that "Ask Darth Vader" thing because the BK creep was in the shockwave app.

[Shudder]

I don't understand why anyone goes to Burger King anymore.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:50:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Right now in our house we are having STRONG negative reactions to the "NFL Sunday Ticket" commercials with the beer belly singking dude dancing with Butkus and other football heros selling TV time for NFL games.

Not only is it annopying it is on every channel and all the time.

Hell, even if I gave a darn about football I'd pass cause of the annoying commercial.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#20]
GEICO, Travelocity (unfunny gnome), Billy Mays (OxiClean, I would love to slug him, just once, just once) and that ahole with the question marks all over his suit screaming about how to get govt handouts.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:52:08 PM EDT
[#21]
keep em coming!

Let's see-anything else "As seen on TV"
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:52:15 PM EDT
[#22]
McDonalds "Im Lovin' It" ads.

The burger king commercials are pretty close though.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:52:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I hate the " This is Bob, he called enzyte for all natural male enhancement" commercials

I cringe everytime I hear the stupid music that they play in the background of it!!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I hate the " This is Bob, he called enzyte for all natural male enhancement" commercials

I cringe everytime I hear the stupid music that they play in the background of it!!!

+1
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:54:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Anything by Old Navy.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Besides that, I think the "wife" in the commercials is sooooo ugly.

And also, those McDonald's commercials.

A few months ago the new Volkswagen Jettas came out and there was this one commercial with a guy, a girl, and a salesman inside.  The salesman is giving his pitch in the car, the girl is listening, and the other guy is fiddling around in the car, and moves the seat all the way back when the commercial ends.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#27]
"Ask your doctor about Bigdickitor.  Side effects may include pale skin, loss of soul, and appetite for brains..."

The worst decision ever made by the FDA was to start allowing "ask your doctor" commercials.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:56:16 PM EDT
[#28]
I love Geico commercials.  They spoof on Old Navy and other great things hahah.

"Lets get campy!!"

"If ugliness were bricks, you'd be the great wall of China!!"

"You can doit!!!!!!!!"

Oh man.  Love it.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
GEICO, Travelocity (unfunny gnome), Billy Mays (OxiClean, I would love to slug him, just once, just once) and that ahole with the question marks all over his suit screaming about how to get govt handouts.

Ohhh, you mean Matthew Lesco, that mental freakjob.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:57:53 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
"Ask your doctor about Bigdickitor.  Side effects may include pale skin, loss of soul, and appetite for brains..."

The worst decision ever made by the FDA was to start allowing "ask your doctor" commercials.

If seeing the actual commercial is bad, than what's worse is hearing the side effects.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I love Geico commercials.  They spoof on Old Navy and other great things hahah.

"Lets get campy!!"

"If ugliness were bricks, you'd be the great wall of China!!"

"You can doit!!!!!!!!"

Oh man.  Love it.  

The only ever good geico commercial was that "Tiny House" one.

"I JUST WANNA MAKE AN OMELET!"
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#32]
That commercial bummed me out the first 3 or so times I saw it, cause I kept forgetting it was a spoof of reality tv.  That would be one reality show I'd love to watch. hahah
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:04:50 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
That commercial bummed me out the first 3 or so times I saw it, cause I kept forgetting it was a spoof of reality tv.  That would be one reality show I'd love to watch. hahah

Progressive's commercials are lame at best.  

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#34]
My current, Number One hatred is towards that Grape Nuts idiot who doesn’t stop eating when somebody is talking to him.  His “Superior” is only slightly less stupid than him.
I would grab that bowl by the bottom, slam it on the moron’s head and yell “Pay attention Stupid!”

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:09:03 PM EDT
[#35]
they just need to ban commercials.

I'd rather watch test patterns.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#36]
The two fags in the Sonic Drive-In commercials.

We have named them "Neil & Bob".
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:12:58 PM EDT
[#37]
I hate the "tribute" commercials for Bud Light.....You know the ones.....with the singing theme to "heres to the 80spf sunblock guy"....etc.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#38]
The Pepto commercial with those fucking morons doing the diareah dance.

On the other hand, the pepsi commercial with the blond chick rollerskating rocks. i'm just infacuated with her.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#39]
those Fanta softdrink commercials.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:13:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Neil-Clarke Warren and his 29 dimensions of compatability...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:15:30 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I hate the "tribute" commercials for Bud Light.....You know the ones.....with the singing theme to "heres to the 80spf sunblock guy"....etc.

I've heard those on the radio....seriously annoying.  

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#42]
anything else?

Let's keep on this ARFCOM celebration of bad commercials!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:21:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Not really one commercial, but I hate seeing anything advertising tampons, femenine napkins, toilet paper or douche while I am eating.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#44]
The Jared jewlers commercials on radio...

the singers screeching "It can only be JARRRR-REEEEEED"

Nails on a blackboard got nothin on them. They should play that commercial in Iraq... the Hajis would blow themselves up just to stop their agony, and spare our troops.

Being home during the day between jobs, I'll flip through daytime TV. What a wasteland.

The hack lawyers ambulance chasers who fake sincerity, and spew the following:

"If you've ever slipped and fallen on someone else's property, ever been in a car accident, even if it was your fault, if you've ever been hit by blue ice falling from the sky, been wropngfully discharged (sorry, noontime audience) fired because you set your work on fire, or had aliens insert a rectal probe up your pooper ... you must be owed money.

If you are owed money, call me.

No fee until we get the moneythat's rightfully yours."

And then, of course, because you'll need to break your settlement to fulfill your craving for Krispy Kremes, Cadillacs, and a house full of rent-to-own furniture, you can call "JG Wentworth", with the old guy they unearthed and resurrected walking around like he's supposed to know WTF he's doing.

Dude, it's not my fault that someone used black magic to get you going again. Shaddafugup and get back in your box.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Those f*cking GREY GOOSE commercials!!!

Frog pigs!!!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:32:31 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
The Jared jewlers commercials on radio...

the singers screeching "It can only be JARRRR-REEEEEED"

Nails on a blackboard got nothin on them. They should play that commercial in Iraq... the Hajis would blow themselves up just to stop their agony, and spare our troops.

Being home during the day between jobs, I'll flip through daytime TV. What a wasteland.

The hack lawyers ambulance chasers who fake sincerity, and spew the following:

"If you've ever slipped and fallen on someone else's property, ever been in a car accident, even if it was your fault, if you've ever been hit by blue ice falling from the sky, been wropngfully discharged (sorry, noontime audience) fired because you set your work on fire, or had aliens insert a rectal probe up your pooper ... you must be owed money.

If you are owed money, call me.

No fee until we get the moneythat's rightfully yours."

And then, of course, because you'll need to break your settlement to fulfill your craving for Krispy Kremes, Cadillacs, and a house full of rent-to-own furniture, you can call "JG Wentworth", with the old guy they unearthed and resurrected walking around like he's supposed to know WTF he's doing.

Dude, it's not my fault that someone used black magic to get you going again. Shaddafugup and get back in your box.

The Jared commercials are quite annoying.

Oh yeah, you forgot your Boost Mobiles so you can find out "where ya at"

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Wait wait wait, we can't have a commercials rant without mentioning

TRUTH COMMERCIALS!

produced by our good bud Michael Moore-on.

You know what?

No one pulled your leg to start smoking so.....STFU!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Anything by Old Navy.

100% the most irritating commercials ever made.  I won't go anywhere near an Old Navy for that very reason... though, I think there was only one opportunity in the past several years.

I saw Ellen Degeneres in a commercial and I didn't get an American Express, Elton John and I didn't get an iPod.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:47:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Feminine hygiene product commericals.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Nasea, Heartburn, Indigestion, upset stomach, diarreah!! YAY, PEPTO BISMOL!!

Fucking hate it.  Hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top