Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/4/2005 2:52:38 PM EDT
I had a great morning/afternoon.  I took a client out hunting with his dog I'm training.  He's a great guy about 30. [not bad looking either! ] This guy is your typical city boy [doctor] that wants to get into hunting.  I had all the gear packed up to take to the ranch when he came to pick me up.  I loaded my gear in his New Caddy SUV and off we headed.  I took my AR with me upfront in case I spied any coyotes on the way out to the ranch.

We're visiting and carrying on when I spot a coyote on the hill above us.  I have him stop and I jump out with my AR, snap the magazine in and lay one in the chamber and fired twice and got the dog.  The guy is literally hopping up and down. "YOU GOT IT, YOU GOT IT" [it was pretty comical].  I turned to him and asked him "You knew I wasn't your typical 6' blond right?"  We both got a good chuckle out of that but then headed off towards the ranch again.

When I turned down the road to my ranch no kidding right in front of me was another coyote.  Maybe 50 yards.  I got out shot, dead coyote.  My client was laughing and taking pictures saying "NICE SHOT" I was a little embarrassed since I gut shot the coyote.  I told him to be careful where he posted those pictures because I didn't need PITA breathing down my throat!

So we work the dogs for a while, all is going well when my dog slams on point where there was no planted birds [mind you there is wild birds but we're not legally suppose to shoot those] so I touch my client on his arm to get his attention [I was working the dogs, he was shooting - pretty decent shot too].  He stops and right when he stops my dog stands on his back legs and a rattler struck at him.  I yelled "BACK SONNY" and Sonny [my dog] took two big steps back.  I nudged my client and he's in shock so I grabbed his shot gun and shot the rattler.  He looks at me and asks "Do you think it would have bit the dog?" Ah Duh!

So I'm pretty shock up about my dog pointing a rattle snake.  My client's digging around trying to retrieve the rattles when we hear a 2nd rattle [the sound for those who have never heard it will send shivers from the top of your head to the tip of your toes!]  I grabbed my client back and run and stake out the dogs.  The 2nd rattler was only about 10 feet [at most] away from the first.  This one was under some strange abandoned contraption that looks as if it was made to separate wheat.  The snakes down there but we can't see it.  My client really wanted to shoot a rattler himself so I ran back to the house grabbed what tools I could find which was a mop, an extension cord and a hammer and came barreling back.  I made a make shift lasso and I roped the contraption and pulled it towards me and the snake was coiled up.  [My snake was coiled when I shot it so I actually shot its head and tail off which ruined the rattles].  I didn't want to ruin the coils for my client so I started teasing the snake with the mop.  The snake lunges towards us and my client shoots it.  

He took pictures of me with the snakes, I'll post them when he emails them to me.

Anyway, how'd your day go?  I'm the top of the food chain BABY!  Someone needs to make me a sammich.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:53:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Meow.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:54:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope you cleaned the house and ironed before you went!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:56:27 PM EDT
[#4]

riginally Posted By MrClean4Hire: I hope you cleaned the house and ironed before you went!

What do I have you for?  Patty
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:57:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

riginally Posted By MrClean4Hire: I hope you cleaned the house and ironed before you went!

I'm just a s-- slave, no good for anything else ya know.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#6]

oh how'd that car thing go?

funny...  That ain't no huntin rifle... Says who?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like a repressed housewife.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:59:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

oh how'd that car thing go?

funny...  That ain't no huntin rifle... Says who?

I pushed it back into the garage finally.  Hurt my back doing it.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:59:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
so I ran back to the house grabbed what tools I could find which was a mop , an extension cord and a hammer and came barreling back.  
Patty

It's in a woman's genes...

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like a repressed housewife.  Patty

Got any cookie dough ice cream and a harlequin romance novels?

p.s. I need more D size batteries.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Should be: I am woman, hear me open fire!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:01:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Whaaaa.  What?  Did someone say something?

Kidding Patty.   Good job.  Sound like I should have married you instead!  

Maybe you can get my wife into shooting.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
so I ran back to the house grabbed what tools I could find which was a mop , an extension cord and a hammer and came barreling back.  
Patty

It's in a woman's genes...

Too funny!  Patty

*ETA* THEY take D sized batteries?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I hope he gave you a BIG tip!!!!
$$$$$ TIP!!!!

Great story.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:11:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I am man. Hear me munch on Doritos, drink a coke and burp.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Wish I lived closer.

I love to hunt birds.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I am man. Hear me munch on Doritos, drink a coke and burp. SNORE!!!

(It's our job, doin all the thinkin for ourselves and the wimmenz is exhausting)
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:33:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Good job Patty!!! Would love to see any pics....
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I had a great morning/afternoon.  I took a client out hunting with his dog I'm training.  He's a great guy about 30. [not bad looking either! ] This guy is your typical city boy [doctor] that wants to get into hunting.  I had all the gear packed up to take to the ranch when he came to pick me up.  I loaded my gear in his New Caddy SUV and off we headed.  I took my AR with me upfront in case I spied any coyotes on the way out to the ranch.

We're visiting and carrying on when I spot a coyote on the hill above us.  I have him stop and I jump out with my AR, snap the magazine in and lay one in the chamber and fired twice and got the dog.  The guy is literally hopping up and down. "YOU GOT IT, YOU GOT IT" [it was pretty comical].  I turned to him and asked him "You knew I wasn't your typical 6' blond right?"  We both got a good chuckle out of that but then headed off towards the ranch again.

When I turned down the road to my ranch no kidding right in front of me was another coyote.  Maybe 50 yards.  I got out shot, dead coyote.  My client was laughing and taking pictures saying "NICE SHOT" I was a little embarrassed since I gut shot the coyote.  I told him to be careful where he posted those pictures because I didn't need PITA breathing down my throat!

So we work the dogs for a while, all is going well when my dog slams on point where there was no planted birds [mind you there is wild birds but we're not legally suppose to shoot those] so I touch my client on his arm to get his attention [I was working the dogs, he was shooting - pretty decent shot too].  He stops and right when he stops my dog stands on his back legs and a rattler struck at him.  I yelled "BACK SONNY" and Sonny [my dog] took two big steps back.  I nudged my client and he's in shock so I grabbed his shot gun and shot the rattler.  He looks at me and asks "Do you think it would have bit the dog?" Ah Duh!

So I'm pretty shock up about my dog pointing a rattle snake.  My client's digging around trying to retrieve the rattles when we hear a 2nd rattle [the sound for those who have never heard it will send shivers from the top of your head to the tip of your toes!]  I grabbed my client back and run and stake out the dogs.  The 2nd rattler was only about 10 feet [at most] away from the first.  This one was under some strange abandoned contraption that looks as if it was made to separate wheat.  The snakes down there but we can't see it.  My client really wanted to shoot a rattler himself so I ran back to the house grabbed what tools I could find which was a mop, an extension cord and a hammer and came barreling back.  I made a make shift lasso and I roped the contraption and pulled it towards me and the snake was coiled up.  [My snake was coiled when I shot it so I actually shot its head and tail off which ruined the rattles].  I didn't want to ruin the coils for my client so I started teasing the snake with the mop.  The snake lunges towards us and my client shoots it.  

He took pictures of me with the snakes, I'll post them when he emails them to me.

Anyway, how'd your day go?  I'm the top of the food chain BABY!  Someone needs to make me a sammich.

Patty

Paging SGTAR15...  GO MAKE THE WOMAN SAMMICH!!!!

That aside... I *HATE* rattlers.  With a passion.  I'm glad the dog is okay, and all is well with you and the gentleman.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:59:01 PM EDT
[#21]
MOT?
Mop of truth?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:03:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I got my hair done.

Dreadlocks on your ass? Very retro dude.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:03:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like Sonny needs a rattlesnake avoidance refresher.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#25]
post pictures?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:08:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Patty, You had me at "Hello"
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:09:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Patty

Is there an audio file of this  "Roar" for download.....

Taffy
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:12:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Great story. -0.5 for admitting to riding around in a Cadillac. If you'd been in a proper vehicle, you would have had a rope already.

However, +0.5 for "Adapt, Improvise, Overcome."

10.0!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Great story!  Thanks.
~m38a1
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:18:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Wow Patty! You sound like a blast to hang out with.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#32]
She cooks, she cleans, she takes the chillen' off to volleyball practice!
She shoots varmints, rattlers and the occasional icy look!
She's sensitive, she's smart, she's hot too!!

She's SUPER PATTY!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
That aside... I *HATE* rattlers.  With a passion.  I'm glad the dog is okay, and all is well with you and the gentleman.

IBT Snake Apologists!

I don't mind rattlers so much - it's the copperheads and moccasins that get me.  Coral snakes, well, they have to gnaw on you a while to get the venom in and rattlers usually give you some warning, but those copperheads and mocs, they just zap you out of the clear blue.

Good job on the coy dogs and the snakes, Patty!  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#34]
well done.  I trust your client was suitably impressed.  

Does he understand just how unpleasant a rattler bite can be?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Great story.  I bet the doc goes back to work and tells his coworkers: "You won't believe this cool woman I met yesterday..."  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:02:49 PM EDT
[#36]
I would seriously consider selling my soul for a woman like you.  Wheres the devil when you need him.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
My client really wanted to shoot a rattler himself so I ran back to the house grabbed what tools I could find which was a mop, an extension cord and a hammer and came barreling back.  I made a make shift lasso and I roped the contraption and pulled it towards me and the snake was coiled up.  [My snake was coiled when I shot it so I actually shot its head and tail off which ruined the rattles].  I didn't want to ruin the coils for my client so I started teasing the snake with the mop.  The snake lunges towards us and my client shoots it.  

You made a makeshift lasso with an extension cord, a mop, and a hammer? And it worked?  And you knew how to throw it effectively?

For a chick you've got pretty big balls.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#38]
This the same woman that could start a car or push it over a 1/2" bump?

That roar sounds mighty quiet.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#39]
You go girl!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#40]
... A virtual high-five to ya Patty!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:09:05 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My client really wanted to shoot a rattler himself so I ran back to the house grabbed what tools I could find which was a mop, an extension cord and a hammer and came barreling back.  I made a make shift lasso and I roped the contraption and pulled it towards me and the snake was coiled up.  [My snake was coiled when I shot it so I actually shot its head and tail off which ruined the rattles].  I didn't want to ruin the coils for my client so I started teasing the snake with the mop.  The snake lunges towards us and my client shoots it.  

You made a makeshift lasso with an extension cord, a mop, and a hammer? And it worked?  And you knew how to throw it effectively?

Patty = Wonder Woman with and AR.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patty = Wonder Woman with and AR.  

No crap!  Can I be her when I grow up?  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Patty you got a pic of yourself.  If my wife ever dies in a firey plane crash or something , I looking for you..  You sound very fun ..... A snake , / coyotey killing gal... Got your own dawg too. .. Sounds like you had a fun/ exciteing day... WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:19:29 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I would seriously consider selling my soul for a woman like you.  Wheres the devil when you need him.

Fuckin' around down in Georgia, last I heard.

::hands Patty a roastbef sammich::
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:20:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Did you eat the coyote?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:22:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Pics, where's the forkin' pics???

Too bad you live in Oregon....
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:26:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Am I the only person not buying this?

Sorry, but I wasn't born yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I am man. Hear me munch on Doritos, drink a coke and burp.

Sorry...THAT killed me!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:29:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Tag for the pics.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#50]
OMG...

Patty...

Will you marry me ?

That has to be the coolest story I've heard come from a womans mouth yet...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top