Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2005 1:18:05 PM EDT
I finally got tired of being a miserable fat body (6' @ 290lbs), so I got off my fat ass and started a excercise and eating program. I do cardio (treadmill) and strength training 5 days a week and have stopped drinking any type of soda (drink water and skim milk). I also have totally changed the wat I eat, no fast food, more fruit and veggies, as well as lots of protein. As of today I have lost 32lbs done to 258, and I feel great! The first few weeks was rough, but now I look forward to my excercises everyday. I still have a way to go, I want to get down to 210 or so, but now its just a matter of sticking with it.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Feels good doesn't it?

Its amazing to me how much more energy I have, and the overall depression I get if I don't work out for a couple of days.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you saying the secret to weight loss is eating less and exercising more?

Congrats!!  I need to get off of my fat ass and get back into shape as well!

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:19:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Good job!!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I did the exsact same thing, with less dramatic results, i lost 20#  but packed on significant muscle mass.

Keep it up, you become a crack head for exersize!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Good job bro. Try some Crystal Light to drink. Zero calories, and it tastes really good. I've been drinking it instead of soda/milk/iced tea for about a year now.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:26:09 PM EDT
[#6]
nice job!  i guess im the only BUFF left.  (Big Ugly Fat F$@#)

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:26:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Way to go!!!

Nice to see your dedication and hard work paying off. The longer you go at it, the less work it really seems.

Exercise is a great mind-clearer with multiple benefits. Keep it going.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:28:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Feels good doesn't it?

Its amazing to me how much more energy I have, and the overall depression I get if I don't work out for a couple of days.

I usually take Saturday and Sunday off, by sunday night I am jonesing to get back at it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:29:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:29:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Great job!!

I need to take your example and apply to myself.  I am 6'1" and 265 or so.  I really need to lose weight, I would like to get down to around 220.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:29:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I finally got tired of being a miserable fat body (6' @ 290lbs), so I got off my fat ass and started a excercise and eating program. I do cardio (treadmill) and strength training 5 days a week and have stopped drinking any type of soda (drink water and skim milk). I also have totally changed the wat I eat, no fast food, more fruit and veggies, as well as lots of protein. As of today I have lost 32lbs done to 258, and I feel great! The first few weeks was rough, but now I look forward to my excercises everyday. I still have a way to go, I want to get down to 210 or so, but now its just a matter of sticking with it.

Great... now I need to do what you just did...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Good job.  I need to follow your lead.  If you want that weight back, I've found most of what you lost.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top