Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2005 9:20:34 AM EDT
I worry about myself sometimes.  I have thoughts that are blatantly sociopathic, and the only thing stopping me is laziness and fear of God.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:22:08 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I worry about myself sometimes.  I have thoughts that are blatantly sociopathic, and the only thing stopping me is laziness and fear of God.

Maybe you're just nuts.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:27:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Sociopath = treat people like objects.  Balling up a piece of paper and throwing it in the wastebasket would be the same as cutting your neighbor's throat.

Is that you?

edited to add:  I guess it's a good thing you're not an atheist.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:28:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

slacker
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sociopath = treat people like objects.  Balling up a piece of paper and throwing it in the wastebasket would be the same as cutting your neighbor's throat.

Is that you?

edited to add:  I guess it's a good thing you're not an atheist.  

Yes.  For both things.  The question, and the statment.

Not all the time.  But sometimes I look at people like that.  It creeps me out.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:35:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

sgtar15 will help you for free
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#6]
You could always call your class counselor. When school is back in, of course.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:39:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I am 26.  BS in Electrical Engineering
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am 26.  BA in Electrical Engineering

...And yet you can't figure out for yourself that any "evaluation test" you could find online would be utter bunk?

Seek professional help.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:45:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

...And yet you can't figure out for yourself that any "evaluation test" you could find online would be utter bunk?

Seek professional help.

I don't like doctors.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:48:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I have no Clean_Cut answer for you, but seeing a professional would probably help more than hanging out asking questions on a gun board.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:49:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Pony up for a Team Membership.    It will cure all your ills
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:49:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seek professional help.

I don't like doctors.

Ummm the Internet isn't the best place to get a diagnosis...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:49:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I don't like doctors.

Not all counselors or therapists are doctors (ya fucking psycho!)

"Well, I don't like the people that may be in a position to help me?"  

Guess what?

You don't like them because you know it may take a significant effort to change, and that the work it might involve may be uncomfortable at times.

You're not a sociopath.  

You're a pussy.

If only you had the balls to make an appointment with your Doc - say you want to get evaluated for chronic indigestion or something like that, and then when you get him alone - wham - you lay the truth on him.  If you could do that, that'd be courageous.  

But you probably won't.

Hey, when you end up killing yourself - try not to take any innocent people with you.  That'd make God really happy.  Also, for the sake of your family try and make it look accidental - unless you want them to feel mysteriously guilty about something - which again - is something only a pussy would do.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:52:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Upon second thought, maybe we can help. We are the Arfcom Hive Mind after all.

Sit back, have a beer (can't do THAT in a psychologist's office!) and tell us all your problems.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I have no Clean_Cut answer for you, but seeing a professional would probably help more than hanging out asking questions on a gun board.

Is that a hint?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that a hint?

Boy, you're quick
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:05:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Go see a psychiatrist.  Seriously.  The right treatment can change your life - it did mine.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:11:54 PM EDT
[#18]
The vast majority of serial killers are sociopaths.  If you're being honest in this thread and not just jerking our chain, then I'd say the difference between Ted Bundy and you is that Ted Bundy wasn't a lazy fuck.

I'd recommend you make an appointment with a psychologist.  

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The vast majority of serial killers are sociopaths.  If you're being honest in this thread and not just jerking our chain, then I'd say the difference between Ted Bundy and you is that Ted Bundy wasn't a lazy fuck.

I'd recommend you make an appointment with a psychiatrist.

Fixed it for ya.

If he is actually a sociopath and not a DUer or 17yo spreading bullishit....the boy needs meds.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:19:27 PM EDT
[#20]
I know a place online where there is a test for schizophrenia. No I don't. Yes I do. No I don't. Ack.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:22:18 PM EDT
[#21]
[reno911]Oh, I see we're jacking off in this scenario[/reno911]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

[Jerry Seinfeld]Uncle Leo????????? [/Jerry Seinfeld]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:14:34 PM EDT
[#23]

You're an Engineer.  You probably just have a mild case of Asperger's Syndrome, aka "Engineer's Disease".  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:17:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sgtar15 will help you for free

Yup, and my advice is.....

Sgtar15

PS  Kidding...of course
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Don't exceed your bandwith dude...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:32:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Jeebus.  Get a load of this guy.

Question 12 F = Yes
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:36:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
You're an Engineer.  You probably just have a mild case of Asperger's Syndrome, aka "Engineer's Disease".  

[Butthead]  Huh,huh....He said Ass Burgers.....Huh,huh,uh,u,hhh,,[Butthead]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:37:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Tell me about your mother.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top