User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 9:06:30 AM EDT
SEVERELY!!

That is all.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:09:41 AM EDT
[#1]
They bark because that's what they do.....

It's kind of like posting stupid shit on the internet is what you do.

Neither can stop.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:10:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Neither can stop.

now that is some really funny sh*t
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#3]
You really think a dog barks for no reason?

If that's what the dogs do, then the dog should be shoot since it obviously does not belong in a suburban setting.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:12:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Neither can stop.

OUCH

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:13:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Woof!

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:18:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If that's what the dogs do, then the dog should be shoot since it obviously does not belong in a suburban setting.

Sgat1r5

They bark for specific reasons in many cases.  Usually the ones who bark at "nothing" are barking for their owners to take care of them, let them in, feed them, give them water, or warn them to things THEY think are important....
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:20:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

They bark for specific reasons in many cases.  Usually the ones who bark at "nothing" are barking for their owners to take care of them, let them in, feed them, give them water, or warn them to things THEY think are important....

must be pretty damn important.  He is on a chain and been doing it for 2 hours now.
Last time I had to go into the yard and give the damn dog water.

Why the fuck can't people just take care of their pets?

If it wants attention then GIVE IT ATTENTION!

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:21:54 AM EDT
[#9]
+1!

One of neighbors (long since moved out) had a like 6 "rat dogs" (don't know what breed but a friend hung the name "toilet brushes" on them and it stuck).

The would bark at ANYTHING. One would see a leaf fall or a bird go by and instantly they'd all be mindlessly yapping.  I couldn't even walk into my master bedroom (about 25 feet from them) without them exploding in a barking frenzy.

The neighbor behind me recently got a dog.  It's not quite as bad but it does have a hair trigger as well.

Escrow closes on the 29th and if there are no snags, I'll be out of this "suburban paradise" forever.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:22:30 AM EDT
[#10]
We used to have a neighbor who didn't care that his dog barked all night.  So I got a Q-beam and lit up his bedroom window when the dog started barking.  The barking stopped after a few days.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:24:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Neither can stop.

That left a mark
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Maybe it is telling you something.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:26:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Is anyone even home there to take care of it?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:28:28 AM EDT
[#14]
THE POODLE BITES!
(Come on, Frenchie)
THE POODLE CHEWS IT!
(Snap it!)
THE POODLE BITES!
(Come on, Frenchie)
THE POODLE CHEWS IT!
(Snap it!)
THE POODLE BITES!
(Come on, Frenchie)
THE POODLE CHEWS IT!
(Snap it!)
THE POODLE BITES!
(Come on, Frenchie)
THE POODLE CHEWS IT!
(Not a speck of cereal!)
THE POODLE BITES!
(Come on, Frenchie)
THE POODLE CHEWS IT!
(Nothing but the best for my dog!)
THE POODLE BITES!
(Come on, Frenchie)
THE POODLE CHEWS IT!
(Come on!)
THE POODLE BITES!
(Come on, Frenchie)
THE POODLE CHEWS IT!
(Little paws sticking up!)
THE POODLE BITES!
(Little curly hairs!)
THE POODLE CHEWS IT!
(Little curly hairs!)
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#15]
i am surrounded by useless barking pooches
Drives me nuts that one or more are barking at any given time
mentioned it to the owners of one, they said it wasnt bothering anyone..
Came close to calling animal control on eht ewhole f-ing neighborhood  (5 min. barking rule)
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:32:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:32:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Is anyone even home there to take care of it?

Of course not!

That would take responsibility!

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:32:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

must be pretty damn important.  He is on a chain and been doing it for 2 hours now.

Sgat1r5

Sarge, I think you just made Shivan's point.  I am a true dog lover, but I agree Sarge, that an incessantly barking dog can drive you nuts.  We had one next door for about 6 months.  Why people keep dogs chained outside is beyond me.  Just try to remember it is the dog that is barking, but it isn't the dog's fault.  It is the fault of the owner and I would not hesitate to inform them of that.  If they do not want to be responsible for the actions of their dog, then they need to divest themselves of that responsibility and place the dog with someone who has a clue.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:34:37 AM EDT
[#19]
I know it ain't the dogs fault....that's what stops me from doing anything stupid.

Sgat1`r5
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:35:07 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm not done with the "I hate fags" thread, can we finish that one up before starting a "I hate dogs" thread?
Please?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:37:04 AM EDT
[#21]
My dog barks pretty rarely.  Usually happens only when people drive up the lane or if a deer is nearby.  If I hear a bark after 10:00 PM or so, I'll let her inside.

Guess what?  I live way the hell out in the middle of nowhere, so no one is bothered, and I am not bothered by other dogs.

If you don't want to be bothered by other dogs or people, move out to a spot where neither exist.  I HATE it when people whine and bitch about noise IN THE CITY!  (if you have 2 or more neighbors within 50 yards of you, you live in the city)
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Well, since he is use to you giving him water, and 50/50 mix of AF would be refreshing

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:45:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
My dog barks pretty rarely.  Usually happens only when people drive up the lane or if a deer is nearby.  If I hear a bark after 10:00 PM or so, I'll let her inside.

Guess what?  I live way the hell out in the middle of nowhere, so no one is bothered, and I am not bothered by other dogs.

If you don't want to be bothered by other dogs or people, move out to a spot where neither exist.  I HATE it when people whine and bitch about noise IN THE CITY!  (if you have 2 or more neighbors within 50 yards of you, you live in the city)

1. because we cant afford to move to one of those locations
2. because common courtesy and "the LAW" should be enough to not have one,two,three dogs barking all the time around your home.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

2. because common courtesy and "the LAW" should be enough to not have one,two,three dogs barking all the time around your home.

1) If you want to bad enough, you CAN afford it.
2) What is this "common courtesy" you speak of and where does one find it in today's society?

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Sigh.  Here we go again.

Step 1:  When the owners are home, give them a telephone call, or pay them a neighborly visit and talk witih them about their dog's barking problem.  (Granted, it's the middle of the day, they're probably at work, etc)

Step 2:  If the problem doesn't fix itself, see if you have any noise ordinances in your neighborhood.  If so, call Animal Control to have them take care of the problem.  

I don't know that you've done either.  But the solution is very easy.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Sometimes the simple solutions are the best...!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:59:25 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Of course not!

Sgat1r5

Thats called people being at work. Its the middle of the day. People who work a normal M-F 9-5 are not home now.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:02:32 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Of course not!

Sgat1r5

Thats called people being at work. Its the middle of the day. People who work a normal M-F 9-5 are not home now.

If that is the case, and they are at work, then they are irresponsible owners for leaving a chained barking dog in their backyard.  Bottom line is it is the owners responsibility to see to the dogs wellbeing and be sure that his/her dog is not creating any disturbances.  

If I worked nights (ETA: even if I didn't) and had a barking dog next door, I think I would have every reason to be irritated.      
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:09:06 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1) If you want to bad enough, you CAN afford it.
2) What is this "common courtesy" you speak of and where does one find it in today's society?

1)  Yes you can.  Generally it is cheaper to find a place out in the country than some overpriced suburban 1/4 Acre lot complete with nosey neighbors and barking dogs.

2)  We all know what SHOULD happen, and what DOES happen may often vary.  Live accordingly, or whine on ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:09:37 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Correct assessment. But blame the owner not the dog.

Would you blame an abused kid for crying and keeping you awake?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:10:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Welcome to my world, ever since the new guy bought the house next to me, he has 2 of the most worthless dogs, he lets them run loose, they bark all the damn the time, at anything, chase cars down the road, I cant even walk outside without the little bitches running at me, growling and snarling and barking.

I have talked with "Jim" several times, but he does not care, he will put them up for a few nights, then he turns them loose, no one is home now and those 2 dogs are out running around.

I just finished mowing my yard, now since he moved in, I have to walk my yard with a shovel and clean the shit from his dogs, that they leave in my yard, I toss it over to his place, and repeat everytime I mow the yard.

Short of doing anything "non PC" to the dogs, there is not much I can do, I do need about $7000 to fence in my place, but that aint gonna happen soon.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:20:22 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
We used to have a neighbor who didn't care that his dog barked all night.  So I got a Q-beam and lit up his bedroom window when the dog started barking.  The barking stopped after a few days.

I had, notice that word, a neighbor who did that  same thing, only it was when our Horse's would run around the section of pasture that abuted their property. Don't know if it was the 15,000 watts of lights that I put in to allow us to ride at night, (aimed more at Her house), or the pen with 6 Pigs  
I put in right next to her that did it.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#33]
I agree! I have 2 dogs and I manage to keep them from barking excessively. I always ask my neighbors if they have been bothered by my dogs when I am not around as well. I even have a beagle, the breed known for yapping, yet it's kept to a minimum. A dog that barks non-stop, for hours at end, at everything including the falling leaves really isn't "protection", it's a nuicence. If an owner is attentive to the dog you can actually train the dog to differentiate between a real threat and a squirrel.

Barking dogs are a pet peeve of mine, I train neighborhood dogs with a pellet gun because they are unwilling to do anything but sit in their houses while their large loud dogs yap non-stop. I would kill them all if I thought I could get away with it.!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:41:21 AM EDT
[#34]
borderline DUPE

here

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:53:29 AM EDT
[#35]

I just finished mowing my yard, now since he moved in, I have to walk my yard with a shovel and clean the shit from his dogs, that they leave in my yard, I toss it over to his place, and repeat everytime I mow the yard.

Fling it on his door or on his car.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:54:08 AM EDT
[#36]
10000000% AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:05:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Sarge, it's too early to be drinking.

What's next? Meowing cats?

What the hell, why don't we just ban everything, including the computer I am typing this on.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:12:11 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
borderline DUPE

here

Dupe or perpetual whining...?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#39]
duplicate topic
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top