Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 8:45:15 AM EDT
I've got one of those seatbelts that run on a track when you open and close the door. This is the drivers side its a 90' T bird. The damn thing stopped working 2 days ago and is in the forward position, near the steering wheel. I would hate to get one of those 101 dollar tickets, so i need to fix this. There is a seperate lap belt that I wear but don't think that alone would save me from a ticket. Anybody here ever have to fix one of these? Could it be as simple as a fuse? [wishful thinking on my part]

Thanks to all advice I may get.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:06:04 AM EDT
[#1]
anybody?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:07:38 AM EDT
[#2]
any dirt it the track?

Is it stuck on something?

I have no dea...

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:11:41 AM EDT
[#3]
You could probably get it fixed for about a hundred dollars.  
Sorry, I have no idea

Edit: Check the fuse, if it is good check the switch, it those are good check the motor.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:18:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes its stuck, thats what this whole question is about. The passenger side works just fine. The drivers side just refused to traverse its track one morning. I stopped at my mechanics and he shrugged and said" I've never had to work on one before, but I'll look it up in the book". Unfortunately, he was leaving for the rest of the week on a short vacation so I decide to ask here.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:30:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Did you try giving it a tug once you closed the door? Maybe it popped out of it's track.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:01:40 AM EDT
[#6]
They should outlaw those damned things.  I jumped into my buddy's girlfriend's car to move it one time.  Of course her seat was all the way forward where your forehead would hit the windshield.  I closed the door and that's when this damned seatbelt pins me in.  I almost cut through it with my handy serated blade, but finally got the seat adjusted back.   Talk about claustorphobic attacks . . .
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Check the switches around the door frame.  If there are multiple switches (many cars have one for the computer to sense the door being open, and one that controls the dome light, etc.) perhaps one of them controls the seat belt and is broken, disconnected, or misadjusted.

And it never hurts to check the fuses.

Jim
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:41:46 PM EDT
[#8]
You can eliminate it completely with an aftermarket bolt-on unit.  Sets are around $80 to $120.

Google, man!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Check the switches around the door frame.  If there are multiple switches (many cars have one for the computer to sense the door being open, and one that controls the dome light, etc.) perhaps one of them controls the seat belt and is broken, disconnected, or misadjusted.

And it never hurts to check the fuses.

Jim

I'll check for switches and my fuses. I just hope it wasn't some little motor burned out behind a panel.

thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top