BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 8:14:32 AM EDT

edmonton.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=ed-police-shot20050803

Officer, woman injured when gun accidentally discharges

Last updated Aug 3 2005 03:04 PM MDT
CBC News

A police officer and a woman suffered minor injuries Wednesday when a shotgun accidentally discharged during a call.

Police were called to a domestic dispute at 66th Street and 121st Avenue just after 10 a.m. and discovered a sawed-off shotgun in the home.

Det. Bill Clark says one officer tried to clear the weapon so that it could be placed in the police cruiser. But it accidentally discharged into the ground and the pellets bounced up from the pavement and hit the officer and a woman.

Both are being treated in hospital for minor injuries.

A man is in custody in connection with the original domestic dispute call.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:15:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Trigger finger!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:24:56 AM EDT
[#2]
He's the only one professional enough in the room that I know of to handle this Glock Fawty.... woops I meant sawed off shotgun! BLAM
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:29:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Trigger finger!

My finger wasn't on the trigger. I swear, I only hit the slide release...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:29:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Trigger finger!

Not necessarily.  If this home gunsmith cut the barrel there's no telling what else he screwed-up.  I've seen a couple of old side by sides that could be set off just by slapping them hard.  The officer was pointing the shotgun in a safe direction so give him some credit.z
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:48:47 AM EDT
[#5]
What? No comments about it being a Glock shotgun?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:54:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What? No comments about it being a Glock shotgun?

The article didn't say it exploded....
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:56:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Trigger finger!

Not necessarily.  If this home gunsmith cut the barrel there's no telling what else he screwed-up.  I've seen a couple of old side by sides that could be set off just by slapping them hard.  The officer was pointing the shotgun in a safe direction so give him some credit.z

I agree, I have seen sawed off shotguns with modified triggers so that you could sneeze on them and it would go off.  The only way to make certain it doesnt go boom was to hold the hammer down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top