Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 7:03:55 AM EDT
I was there from June 87- July 89.  

Blue section (7023rd AGS) working on F4G Wild Weasels.  Intruments, Auto-Pilot and INS.

Some things I remember:

Wine fests
Jaegerschnitzel, Raumschnitzel at Mom's restaurant.
"Save one for Speicher"
Bitte Eine Bit
Sleeping in the SCPS
Sleeping in the TAB-Vs between sorties in chem gear.
Weekend trips to Gerolstein (country girls :) )
What was that disco in Bitburg???
Running through Spang at night - totally deserted.  

Was a great assignment.  Hope to take the family back there someday.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:10:40 AM EDT
[#1]
My dad was at Sembach AB near Kaiserslautern.  Same deal different day.  Plus kicking the crap outta skinheads on Saturday nights in K-town
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:11:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Haven't been to SP yet.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:15:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Closest I've been is Rein Mein (or however it's spelled).
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:24:43 AM EDT
[#4]
spent 4 great years at Bitburg...88-92.  I enjoyed using the Spang 9 hole course and eating at the BK....you'll never know how much you will miss American fast food until you don't have it!  

(oh, and the motorcycle ride to/from on B-51 was a rush!)
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:25:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I was there from June 87- July 89.  

Blue section (7023rd AGS) working on F4G Wild Weasels.  Intruments, Auto-Pilot and INS.

Some things I remember:

Wine fests
Jaegerschnitzel, Raumschnitzel at Mom's restaurant.
"Save one for Speicher"
Bitte Eine Bit
Sleeping in the SCPS
Sleeping in the TAB-Vs between sorties in chem gear.
Weekend trips to Gerolstein (country girls :) )
What was that disco in Bitburg??? Kastel's was the disco, but I always preferred Rosie's Garage
Running through Spang at night - totally deserted.  

Was a great assignment.  Hope to take the family back there someday.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:26:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
spent 4 great years at Bitburg...88-92.  I enjoyed using the Spang 9 hole course and eating at the BK....you'll never know how much you will miss American fast food until you don't have it!  

Hehe, I remember that BK well.

I used to always walk from the barracks to the NCO club and buy a bowl of chili.  Yumm.

B51 was even fun in a car!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:50:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hehe, I remember that BK well.

I used to always walk from the barracks to the NCO club and buy a bowl of chili.  Yumm.

B51 was even fun in a car!

Don't get pulled over.  Polizei are not as sensitive about your feelins as the ones are stateside.  You will get your head banged on a desk if you "smart off" to one of them.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:50:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Bump for the lunch time crowd.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:58:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I spent four years in Germany at Coleman AAF in Mannheim.  Flew to Spangdalem a few times.

Germany was a blast!  If you missed the Bad Duerkheim wine fest then you just haven't lived.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top