EPOCH

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:36:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:38:06 AM EDT
[#2]
wtf? dumbass
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:38:35 AM EDT
[#3]
It's a dupe .. but who cares ....  that guy is a total jackass ...

I'm sure that girl is wealthy young lady by now ....
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:44:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1, She got $60,000 and the cop got cleared of any wrong doing...  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:44:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Here we go again
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:52:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I normally side with the Police, but that was totally uncalled for,

that cop was wrong & I don't see how he could have been cleared...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:54:18 AM EDT
[#7]
If that cop was cleared, then the system is FUCKED.

Whatta fucking jackass idiot.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:55:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That'll buy alot of hair extensions and cellphone time ....
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:04:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:08:37 AM EDT
[#10]
"I don't like the po-leece anyways". "They shouldn't have sent my brother to prison".
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:16:25 AM EDT
[#11]

"you can strip search me"

"But I can not leave until my momma gets here, I am underage as far as that goes"

I hope that cop got ran up the flag pole, and I hope she spends that 60k well.

What a complete idiot.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:17:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
A)  That bitch needs to learn some manners.

B)  Cop should have been shitcanned eating at Subway.

Can't help it,he reminds me of:

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:19:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Whether or not she actually shortchanged the cop, he warned her several times before spraying her.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:21:19 AM EDT
[#14]
IBTsgtar15

and the lock.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:21:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Whether or not she actually shortchanged the cop, he warned her several times before spraying her.  

Damn right, he should have just clubbed her and then sic'ed the K9 on her. That would teach her to steal...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:23:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Once the cop says "You're under arrest." it's pretty pointless to argue with him or refuse to go with him.  That'll just make things worse.  She should have just smiled and gone with him.  She can eat his badge for breakfast later.

That said, the cop was a major jackass and should have been fired.  No wonder a lot of people hate cops.  This guy gives them a really bad name, and his being completely cleared with no repurcussions reflects equally badly on his superiors.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:29:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

So what was his PC or reason for detaining her? The manager clearly stated that there weren't any 20s in the register. Clearly she could have been less defensive and confrontational but she was in the right. The cop overreacted and should count his blessings about still having a job.

I'm not sure how you can defend that.

Bomber

PS Not cop bashing (wish there was an Icon for that)

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:29:37 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

He had no business even going behind the counter. He had no right to arrest her either.
He's a fucktard and should be fired. I usually lean towards the LEO, but this guy is dipshit
redneck that should be unloading trucks at home depot, not policing the streets IMHO.
Glad she received the $60K
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:43:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Can I go behind the counter and make demands? Heck no.

The Cop (in this case the pig) had zero reason or cause, all he wanted to do was be abusive and take advantage of his "aurthority".

Has been cleared, imagine that.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:48:37 AM EDT
[#20]
What if I thought I gave her a $20.00 and I called the same cop to come.

He would have said "It's a civil matter, you need to take her to court to get your money back."

I guess he is special.

However, once a cop says "you are under arrest", forget about it and just do what he says, because you are going to lose that one.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:50:38 AM EDT
[#21]
did see it couple weeks ago but i watched it again and still couldn't believe how f!@#ed up that situation was.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:59:00 AM EDT
[#22]
You WILL OBEY my AUTHORITAH!

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:01:41 AM EDT
[#23]
WTF
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:05:38 AM EDT
[#24]
The girl didnt have to be such a bitch about it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:15:53 AM EDT
[#25]
That fucking asshole cop should have had his nightstick shoved up his ass. One more example of the "I Am All Powerful" attitude of these jackases.

Give someone a high school diploma and a badge and watch the fun. . .    moron.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#26]
IBTL... like the last 2-3 of the threads with this video.

"Police Brutality!!" (or "Cop Abusing His Power")

So there's this cop see. He thinks this 17yr old cashier short changed him so.............  

Bad Cop?

Personally I think the cops was way out of line. What law was the girl breaking that warranted him arresting her? This reaks of "guilty before proven innocent" even if she was a loud mouth bitch who didn't know when to shut her mouth.

The fact that the spineless manager just lets the cop walk behind the counter and arrest the girl without telling him he looked into the drawer (that we could see anyway) and saw no $20's indicated the level integrity of fast food management.

Any cop I would think should know there is a video camera and could have asked to view the tape. Otherwise, the manager should have brought this to his attention.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:20:02 AM EDT
[#27]
the cop completely fu**ed up...but Brandy's attitude was quite charming as well.  Personally, I think I would have just capped her lol.  But maybe that's why I'm not a cop.  

And where was the manager, who should have handled the whole thing in the first place. He should have sent Brandy to the time out room, and calmly showed Mr. Po Po the register.  

But, this is exactly the kind of crap that people see and have to conclude that the po po DO protect one another, no matter what, when this guy is not given *some* kind of censure.  

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

And where was the manager, who should have handled the whole thing in the first place.

Out of camera range doing the Funky Chicken after being tasered.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#29]
tag for my growing weapons oriented video clip collection
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:26:41 AM EDT
[#30]
I wonder why cops get spit in their drinks?

What a fucking asshole.  He should have the fucking shit beat out of him, do 6 months time, be financially destroyed by a suit and have a record that will never let him do anything other than manual labor.

A POS betraying his public duty like that is worse than a mugger.  At least we’re not counting on the mugger to enforce the laws.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#31]
There are so many assholes in the world, that sooner or later, two will meet.

The outcome is never pretty.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:31:47 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

That is Sigline material right there.  Well said.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And where was the manager, who should have handled the whole thing in the first place.

Out of camera range doing the Funky Chicken after being tasered.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is Sigline material right there.  Well said.

[elvis]Thank you very much [/elvis]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
A)  That bitch needs to learn some manners.

True.

B)  Cop should have been shitcanned.

True.

I wouldn't hire him to clean the bathrooms in a rest stop.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:33:53 PM EDT
[#36]
The TAX PAYER gets fucked again.  $60,000.00
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:34:21 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sorry, but if you think the cop was the only one that was a "jackass" in the video, then there's

something wrong with you.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:46:33 PM EDT
[#38]
The manager of the store COULD have stopped this whole thing about nine different ways, but chose not to. He's the coward.

The cop did what he thought he had to do to make the arrest. However, it begs the question: What was she arrested for? Here again, the manager could have explained to the cop that he checked the drawer and there were no $20 bills in there. Failing the cop believing that, the manager should have just handed the cop $10 out ofthe drawer, apologized for the mistake and let it go.

Now the girl, well, what can I say. The manager should not have let her finish her shift talking like that. I've walked out of a number of places where the employees were "mother fuckin' this" and "mother fuckin' that". If they're that pissed about ... well, whatever, then it's a pretty sure bet that customer relations andquality service are not Job #1 that day.

Also, now I know how to get my chili extra-hot at Wendy's!!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:22:24 PM EDT
[#39]
This will get locked. It's a dupe. The girl was stupid. The cop was wrong. It happened in Dayton Ohio. I am living here right now. Grew up here. This is par for the course with Dayton PD. I've been drawn on by Dayton PD for a simple fix it ticket traffic stop years ago. He was wrong, I got an apology by his supervisor later. Good thing I survived the ordeal.

This cop, if still in the Dayton PD, a big probably, is by now promoted and probably in a command position now and has a few other situations like this under his belt.

The system here is broken and will never be repaired. God help us all.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:24:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sorry, but if you think the cop was the only one that was a "jackass" in the video, then there's

something wrong with you.

How do you treat a lying piece of shit who is using his role of petty authority to pull shit-assed rip-offs on people?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#41]
IIRC - the cop later changed his story/ realized he was wrong........
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:31:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Yeah, the Police never abuse their power..... There's no way the cop could make a simple human error. The girl at the register MUST be wrong by default. After all, he's a cop.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:46:41 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I'm sorry...

Agreed.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
The manager of the store COULD have stopped this whole thing about nine different ways, but chose not to. He's the coward.

The cop did what he thought he had to do to make the arrest.

However, it begs the question: What was she arrested for? Here again, the manager could have explained to the cop that he checked the drawer and there were no $20 bills in there.

Failing the cop believing that, the manager should have just handed the cop $10 out ofthe drawer, apologized for the mistake and let it go.

fuck that.

Why do you hand money to a LEO???? Just because he asks???
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:04:30 PM EDT
[#46]
According to this article, the cop was fired.

hematite.com/dragon/policeguns.html

"Police Officer Fired Over Fast-Food Fight
Associated Press
24-JUL-98

An Ohio police officer is out of a job today, after a fight with a fast-food worker over a bill.

The Dayton Police Department has fired officer Michael McDonald for unacceptable conduct.

Police say McDonald used pepper spray on a 17-year-old worker at a Wendy's restaurant in February after a dispute over his change. He claimed he had given her a 20-dollar bill. She said it was a ten.

He arrested her, but when she wouldn't go with him, he sprayed her.

McDonald was found innocent last month of assault charges. But a police department investigator is quoted in the Dayton Daily News as saying McDonald now says he may not have given a 20 to the girl after all."

But,  was later ordered to be rehired by a judge.

"Judge upholds rehiring of cop who sprayed girl
       DAYTON, Ohio — A judge has upheld the reinstatement of a policeman fired after using pepper spray on a worker at a fast-food restaurant.

Montgomery County Common Pleas Judge Jeffrey Froelich ruled Monday that the city is bound by an arbitrator's order to rehire policeman Michael McDonald.

City officials are considering whether to pursue the case, spokesman Tom Biedenharn said Tuesday.

Officer McDonald used pepper spray on Brandy Martin, then 17, while arresting her in February 1998. He said she refused to go with him to his cruiser and receive a summons after he accused her of shortchanging him at the drive-through window.

Officer McDonald, 35, was found not guilty of misdemeanor assault in June 1998. But Police Chief Ronald Lowe fired him a few weeks later, saying OfficerMcDonald's actions were callous and brutal. "

So, initially the cop was punished and didn't get off scott-free (fired and charged with misdemanor assault).

I'm guessing, but it sounds like that after McDonald was canned, the police union stepped in, made a stink (defended McDonalds actions), and a judge/arbitrator ruled in the unions favor.

The judge probably ruled in McDonalds favor because he was found not guilty of the assault charge, therfore he couldn't be fired.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:07:57 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
fuck that.

Because the customer is always right. It has nothing to do with the customer being a cop. If somebody really wants to make such a stink over $10 and disrupt the business, just suck it up, pay the guy and move on.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#48]
I'd still like to know what the girl was arrested for.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:13:42 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
fuck that.

Because the customer is always right. It has nothing to do with the customer being a cop. If somebody really wants to make such a stink over $10 and disrupt the business, just suck it up, pay the guy and move on.

If it was that easy for me to get my money back every time a cashier made a mistake- no problem.

But the real world doesn't work that way.

Unless maybe you have a pistol and pepper spray.....
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:15:16 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
If it was that easy for me to get my money back every time a cashier made a mistake- no problem.

But the real world doesn't work that way.

Unless maybe you have a pistol and pepper spray.....

<Eddie Murphy 'Trading Place'> Officer, may I suggest using the nightstick? </Eddie Murphy 'Trading Places'>
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top