Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2005 4:55:48 AM EDT
So we we were in Hooters last night and as I went to order my usual 10 wings "911" hot the waitress, who later told us she was new, did not know what I was talking about... WTF, right? The wings there are mild, hot, extra hot, Three Mile Island or 911 and have been as long as I can remember.

Well now it is mild, hot, extra hot, Three Mile Island and "Bentley." Bentley? What, for bling power? Bentley?! How about "Rolls" hot?

Another waitress said it was a fairly recent change "out of sensativity of the 9/11 attacks."

Hooters... I guess the titties are next...

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:02:33 AM EDT
[#1]
What does Bently have to to with super-hot wings?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:03:50 AM EDT
[#2]
That's dumb.  Maybe we should change 911 (the emergency number) to something else.

BTW what's up with give disaster catchy names?  It’s shouldn’t be called 9-11 or 911 it’s the September 11th Terrorist Attack.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:06:13 AM EDT
[#3]
ok maybe we should just skip sept 11th on the calender so we don't have to remember it, just go from sept 10th right to the 12th
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:06:19 AM EDT
[#4]
sure seems like the emergency number is nine-one-one while the attacks were on nine-eleven

maybe we just need to retire the numbers 1 and 9 to prevent this confusion.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:06:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What does Bently have to to with super-hot wings?

+1 I've often wondered that myself. On the few occasions that I've seen someone riding by in a Bently, not once were they eating wings. (Not even any Grey Poupon either!)
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:08:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Theve been called Bentley here in Dallas for I know 18 yrs.  Never had 911 here.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:12:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Another waitress said it was a fairly recent change "out of sensativity of the 9/11 attacks."

Changing it to 9-1-1 should have made it clear they weren't talking about 9-11 if that was their concern.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:17:00 AM EDT
[#8]
That is by far the dumbest thing I've heard yet.

BENTLEY??? WTF???

They should have just called them "ass-burning fire chickens" or something. Or how about 3-Alarm? Or whatever... Bentley.... how fricking gay. I haven't been to Hooters since the change but I gotta say this is making me want to go just to see the change.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:22:16 AM EDT
[#9]
How about "Spotted Owl in a Forest Fire Hot"

Personally, 5 differnt levels of heat is b/s. Hooters "Hot" is just a disquise of a mild temp so you can order "Hot" to impress your friends. Then the fuckers quit serving Tobassco sauce and have some other nasty cheap shit along with the cheap foil top blue cheese. The've gone down hill and just become another chain with a gimmic.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:35:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I've never heard of "911" hot at Hooters.  It's always been either Diablo or Bentley.  Doesn't matter, it's still mediocre wings.  Bayou City Wings has damn good wings and their Beyond Insanity wing will kick your ass.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:37:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Hooters waitresses here had back hair.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:41:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Doesn't matter, it's still mediocre wings.

MADNESSSS!!!!!

I agree their hot wings are weak. Hot and mild are both just greazy, nasty shite. 3-Mile Island is my favotire. I don't get 911 very often.

How good the wings are is really hit or miss at any Hooters. I think it depends on how busy they are, how long the cook has been there, and the position of the planets. I've had wings that were prepared perfectly... usually on a weekday afternoon. I think anytime I got there on a weekend they are crap... and the waitresses are actually not as hot on a weekend as well.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:43:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Oh...I thought maybe it turned into another place where you can't say anything bad about ROP'ers...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:47:38 AM EDT
[#14]
In the past, I have felt that Hooters were above average wings - They used to season their batter or dip before frying or something.  Worse wings for me are the ones fried up mild and then drowned in sause afterwards - for a soggy dripping mess.  I too have seen Bently on the menue for quite a while, but for some reason seam to rember 911 as well - so it might have been location by location.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:55:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Whatever; as in the recent Starbucks thread, I don't have any Hooters around me. I would have to drive an hour to Syracuse to go to one, and when I have eatten there in the past, its never impressed me. There are better local places to eat at than a chain like Hooters.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:59:36 AM EDT
[#16]
So they wait almost 4 years to change the name of some chicken wings "out of sensitivity of the 9/11 attacks"?  Give me a break.  If they were all that "sensitive" about the attacks, they would have done it the very next day.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:02:25 AM EDT
[#17]
That's just stupid.

I bet you someone, somewhere started complaining so they changed it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:06:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Theve been called Bentley here in Dallas for I know 18 yrs.  Never had 911 here.

+1,  

I thought Bentley was the name of the guy that came up with the recipe...  As far as them changing it because of sensitivity to 911? Please, remember the source.  How many intelligent things have you heard coming out of a Hooter's waitress mouth.

EPOCH

ETA:  besides, Wings-n-more blows Hooters away when it comes to wings
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:06:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Can you post pics of your waitress?  Just so we can be sure your story checks out.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:10:47 AM EDT
[#20]
There is food at Hooters?!?!?!?!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:13:25 AM EDT
[#21]
As long as they didn't go on a wing hunt ...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:13:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:21:52 AM EDT
[#23]
I think the whole chain is pretty damn lame.  Not one time have I been any Hooters and gotten anything remotely edible.  Maybe if the scenery could make up for the piss-poor food and worse service it would be alright, but NO, they have to go and hire the nasty, slutty looking, barely legal dumbasses.   I think I need to stop before this turns into a full rant.  MJD
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:35:42 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Maybe if the scenery could make up for the piss-poor food and worse service it would be alright, but NO, they have to go and hire the nasty, slutty looking, barely legal dumbasses.   I think I need to stop before this turns into a full rant.  MJD

No, you have every right. The average Hooters waitress is hardly calender material. They're usually ordinary at best. I've definitely noticed they have lowered the bar on hiring. I've seen some border-line cows working at some of them. Most of thm have a shitty attitude which pissed me off. Considering the crowd the place draws are they expecting big tippers to be the regulars. It used to be that the waitress would work for their tips by being overly flirtatious, now you're lucky if they stop walking as they plop your food on the table.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:39:00 AM EDT
[#25]
It only takes one person to make a big deal out of nothing and get on the Larry King show while the Hooters rep looks stupid trying to explain stuff.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:48:17 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
The've gone down hill and just become another chain with a gimmic.

Oh, but what a gimmick that is.

And I cant stand people that say "nine-one-one" when they mean "nine-eleven" or "September 11th".

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
And I cant stand people that say "nine-one-one" when they mean "nine-eleven" or "September 11th". Kharn

Yeah no kidding.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:10:41 AM EDT
[#28]
make your own wings and put the final answer on them.  you wont need to worry about a name, because you wont be able to talk.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:13:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Maybe it is regional? I have always seen them called 911 up until last night...

I'm in San Antonio this week.

Just thought it was dumb.

As for the wings, they were great... The assplosions they have generated today? Not so great.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:18:35 AM EDT
[#30]
At least you got a Hooters ! We had one in Boulder it was a gold mine ...BUT the Do Goods of Boulder thought it was beneith their city . So they ran it off . The funny part is nothing is really "Beneith Their City" , but to advert attention from the yearly CU problems . One year they used Hooters as a scapegoat and rallied all the soocer moms ...and wink wink nod nod say no more . Just one more reason to not go there .
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:35:31 AM EDT
[#31]

Because they use Jay Bentley's Original Hot Sauce?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:46:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Anyone know what it takes to open a Hooter franchise somewhere?

I half-joking bring this up to my wife about opening one up in Conway NH.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:49:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Hooter's Wings are business class at best. Seriously, they are not that good. Go to Buffalo Wild Wings if you want some really good wings.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:18:12 AM EDT
[#34]
The hooters in york PA was gutted by a fire recently :P Guess the wings were too hot and they had to call 911.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:13:34 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

and we have super hot wings in florida called "Dallas" WTF
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:21:20 PM EDT
[#36]
<<<never understood the mania over nasty chicken scraps.

why not just use chicken necks and give 'em a zippy name???
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:30:05 PM EDT
[#37]
But do they "Wing Hunt"
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#38]
1) DzlBenz hates Hooters. If I wanted to eat mediocre overpriced bar food served by an idiot in a child's t-shirt who ordinarily wouldn't give me the time of day (presuming she can even tell time), I'd spend more time at the bowling alley.

2) Chicken wings = teh suXXor. Most disgusting excuse for food ever foisted on the American people. You get about 3 oz. of meat per every gallon of grease, and the sauce is horrible.

3) What? No pics?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:33:46 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
The hooters in york PA was gutted by a fire recently :P Guess the wings were too hot and they had to call 911.

And they are takeing WAY too long to repair..

I don't often eat the wings - I'll just order their Buffalo Chicken sandwich with Three-Mile-Island temp.  MMM-Good.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:41:12 PM EDT
[#40]
hooter's wings suck anyway
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top