Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 4:24:06 AM EDT

I'm getting some new tires on my car this morning from Tire Kingdom, and I just heard a radio spot from them that anyone who buys four new radials gets a free Blackberry phone.  I was planning on only getting two front tires, but this may be worth getting all four.

How much does a one year service plan with a Blackberry typically cost?  This would be through T-Mobile.  

Are Blackberry's worth it?  I would mostly use mine for casual conversation, plus checking email, etc.  

The models available are 7100 series, I believe.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:26:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont like the GUI. Its very primative.

I do like the Treo 650.

but a free phone is a free phone.....
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:33:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:36:14 AM EDT
[#3]

I called Tire Kingdom and to take advantage of the Blackberry offer would basically cost me an extra $200 for the name brand tires, which means the 'free' Blackberry would really only be half-price when all is said and done.

So, how much do you guys pay for service?  Is internet browsing included, or is it extra?  Browsing uses up minutes just like normal phone conversations, right?

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:42:27 AM EDT
[#5]
RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You dont want to be saddled with having to respond to email within 15min regardless of the time of day.  My boss strongly believes half the people that email him call his phone within 20min if he doesnt send them a response, even if its his lunch time, family time or bed time, I'm fearful of the day I'm told to get one, I like having a personal life and the ability to say "Oh, I didnt get it yet, I'll check my email Monday, how's your Saturday going? ".

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:49:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I really, really like the calendar and address book functions.
I also like being able to view PDF's, DOC's, etc....

However, the phone is awkward to talk on without an earpiece (corded or wireless)

With Nextel there are two rate plans you subscribe to.

1.  for phone minutes (same as other phones)
2. for wireless data $34.95/month for limited or $44.95/month unlimited)

my bill is around $120/month.
I would not pay for it personally, but it is useful for work, and it is useful because it got me organized.
something I wasn't before.

BTW, the Lite version of AR15 is kinda hard to use on mine, but hopefully it will get upgraded to be more functional eventually.  Right now you only get a couple lines of messages, then have to request more.  It is time consuming, but better than nothing.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:44:20 AM EDT
[#7]
My brother has one and likes it.  You might be able to get cheaper tires from tirerack.com.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#8]
"Crackberrys" far outclass anything in the phone/PDA category.

They don't have the screen image or the software, but the email service is better than anything you're going to get with Pocket PC or Palm platforms.  You also won't get neat gadgets, but it's far more practical than anything out there.

I sold my Dell Axim immediately after receiving my Crackberry and I haven't looked back.

It's not a gadget, so don't expect much in the way of games or AV, but it's truely a practical tool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top