Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 11:12:02 PM EDT
I am curious to know what the hive mind thinks will happen in Iraq.  It truly hope we stay in Iraq and bring peace to the region. I also hope that the government that gets set up in Iraq will help bring western ideas about freedom to Iraq. I believe that western ideas and rights will help topple the iranian government and other despot governments in the Arab world. If we leave Iraq before we truly accomplish the mission it will be a sad day in America.  I have lost some Friends in Iraq including a soldier who served under me when I was in the 1st Cav.  I still remember him when he was a 18 y/o private who coundnt read a map or understand the plugger.  He was a good soldier and a great friend to me and to all his platoon brothers. .  I was made aware of his sacrifice when I called his mom to find out when he was coming back.  Last time I called him he was being promoted to E6.  I hope we dont leave Iraq before the mission is accomplished.  I dont want all those heroes deaths to be in vain.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:02:42 AM EDT
[#1]
We're going to wond up leaving long before any real peace is instituted. It will take centuries for the mindset in those countries to change.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:56:45 AM EDT
[#2]
IMHO, we will leave soon.  There will Never be peace and stability in that country.  The blood will flow there for years to come.  The main problem I think is that this country dosnt care if that country makes it or not.  Yea yea we have heard how that will transform the middle east and make it safer for us here at home.  That maybe all well and true but by large this country still dosnt care and when some Terrorist explodes a nuke here in america he will say its because of Iraq even if we were not in Iraq then he would say something else.  So my point is that the terrorist's will always have some excuse whether we are in Iraq or not, what was their reason for 9/11 which was before Iraq and Afgan?  So if they will always have a reason why are we dying in Iraq?  To answer my own question, the answer is thats its better to fight them over there rather then here.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:40:58 AM EDT
[#3]
The poll options are incomplete.

We won’t leave soon and we won’t bring peace, we can’t.

The Iraqis are going to have to make their own peace the best we can hope to do is facilitate that possibility.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:42:49 AM EDT
[#4]
It is their problem, and ultimately they will have to work it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top