Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2005 8:48:14 PM EDT
First off, this isn't very entertaining - I just feel like grumbling. No refunds of your time if you read further. No warranty of your entertainment level is expressed or implied.

Now.... It's not even worth going into full rant mode but I haven't been sleeping much (playing "single dad" for our 4-mo-old while putting in "mandatory OT" at work since the weekend - glad the missus made it back tonight) & I'm just feeling cranky.  My house backs up to a public park. When we bought here, I didn't care for the idea (originally from NYC where "public park" isn't a good thing) but it's been nothing but great for 6 years. About two hours ago, I'm putting the baby to sleep when hear this kind of loud bang from downstairs. The dogs didn't seem to give a shit & a cursory look-see of the house & yard turned up nothing. I then see I left the broiler pan on the stove while it was cooling, figured that was it.

Just came back in from walking the pooches in the backyard & found a cheapo-looking fridge magnet in the grass right next to my back deck. No frigging idea if that was what I heard but, one way or another, some little jackass chucked it over the 6-ft fence & onto my property. Possibly hard enough for it to have hit the house & bounced onto the deck - I'll check the wall tomorrow morning. There were a bunch of teens in the park earlier - nothing special there, just generic 'burbites - but no one now.

The first thought entering my sleep-deprived brain was, "Should've just lit up the whole fucking park when I heard that thump." Bad idea, I know, but I keep circling back to what a great deterrent a motion-tracking minigun would be. Impractical. Not real popular with the neighbors or local LEOs. But you gotta admit the imagery would be great. Once I smack that down, the next idea is, "WTF is wrong with people. It's my fucking home! Why the hell would you wing some trash at a stranger's house when they haven't done a damned thing to you?"

Jeez. Now I've got this vague, free-form pissed-off-edness & the knowledge that there's absolutely nothing to do about it. And I've got this dumb-assed, foot-shaped, "Florida" magnet on my kitchen counter. I wonder if the city council would give me a variance for the minigun. I work for a GE subsidiary, might get an employee discount....

Grumble, grumble, grumble.....
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:53:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate people.  

I don't want to deal with people I don't have to.  Much less, people around my home.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#2]
<--- still throws rocks
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Overtime will do that to you

Look on the brightside...............you got a few extra bucks to spend
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top