Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 5:59:19 PM EDT
Please help. My girlfriends youngest daughter was saving up for a digital camera with her babysiting money. She has close to $150. She wants one like mine (Kodak 4310) Its ok but you have to be pretty stil of it will take a fuzzy shot. I think she can do better.

Megapixels is not a big concern as we , or she, wont be making any prints larget than 8x10 so a 3MP is plenty enough. What has a good shutter speed? Or what is it that enable it to take good pics without blurring? We saw a Fuji and it looked good. Is Fuji a decent camera?
Fuji A345

Also what does the ISO  mean? ie ISO 100,200,400 etc?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:01:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Please help. My girlfriends youngest daughter was saving up for a digital camera with her babysiting money. She has close to $150. She wants one like mine (Kodak 4310) Its ok but you have to be pretty stil of it will take a fuzzy shot. I think she can do better.

Megapixels is not a big concern as we , or she, wont be making any prints larget than 8x10 so a 3MP is plenty enough. What has a good shutter speed? Or what is it that enable it to take good pics without blurring? We saw a Fuji and it looked good. Is Fuji a decent camera?
Fuji A345

Also what does the ISO  mean? ie ISO 100,200,400 etc?

Shutter speed depends on a lot of things like the apature (I con't spell it - f/stop is another name). The higher the ISO the more light the sensor will pick up making a faster shutter speed and thus a better picture.

ETA: Check these out: www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=NavBar&A=search&Q=
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm happy with my Fuji S5000 - I just used it on vacation and filled up my 256mb card 4x over - had to download to the laptop every other day.

The one you listed should take nice pics - just be warned you won't get bunches of zoom off that.  It says it will do 1/2000 second shutter speed which should yield nice crisp pics in sunlight.  It says the sensitivity is AUTO and goes from an effective 64 to 400 - 64 is slower film (requiring a longer shutter duration) 400 is quicker film (requiring a shorter shutter duration).  Mine will pop up a Shake Warning to alert me to a slow (long) shutter which can result in blur - i typically comes on around a 1/40 shutter.  Above 1/60 is typically good enough to compensate for trembling hands.

A sample pic Sunrise pic from Marblehead, Ohio
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:17:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for info, I will repost in Photo section.

But first here is the little girl who is buying it. Notice how an MP5 makes a kid happy? This is my Gf youngest daughter who was a victim of a pedo that I mentioned in another thread. In this pic it looks like she is thinking about payback.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top