Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2001 6:10:38 PM EDT
Adam from Cruffler.com showed me a RRA AR15 he was testing out this weekend and it had the following on it.

[img]www.rockriverarms.com/rifles/images/handlet.jpg[/img]

I'm very impressed with this.  Gives you the option of mounting an optic on it and then quickly removing the optic and still use the iron sights.

What do you think about them.  Besides a little pricy.  [:)]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 12:25:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not too impressed with a product called a carry handle that can't be carried.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 3:13:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Lol, I didn't notice that.  heh.  I never carry my AR's by the carry handle anyway.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 4:17:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Very good looking..I have one
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 5:34:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Even has a little spare battery compartment for the Aimpoint.  
I really like this setup.  Iron sights appear in the lower 1/3 of the optic.  
You hardly notice them, but if you need em, they're right there.
You can use the Aimpoint stock mount, so no extra high$$$ mounts are needed.

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/026/Wa/ze/dc/aU28269.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 8:41:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I got one with my LEGP and I think its great. Every AR15 should do away with the carry handle and have one of these instead.
Carry handles on personal weapons are a bad thing. You should never be carrying your rifle by the carry handle anyhow.
I just wish they were making an upper with these included instead of having to go the removeable route.
Are they?
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Princeton:  Yes, the "tac handle" comes as a complete upper receiver according to RRA's site.

[url]http://www.rockriverarms.com/rifles/AR_UPPER_RECEIVER_PARTS.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:35:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Opie  -  Thanks, I should have checked them out. I think I might be ordering one to build up an upper for my Cav Arms LEGP polymer lower.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:42:28 AM EDT
[#8]
The Rock River Tac Handle is an accessory for AR15.COM's 2001 Ltd Edition rifle.

It was a choice of a majority of the buyers.

The sale should last about one more month at [url]www.castle-arms.com[/url]

Lots of pics in the LEGP forum of various uses of the Tac handle.

Link Posted: 7/16/2001 11:07:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I got the tac handle with my LEGP, and love it. The OKO sight on it looks really cool. However, with the OKO on the tac handle the rear sight is blocked.
One fix I've been thinking of, is adding an ARMS #19.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top