Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2005 4:27:45 PM EDT
I was listening to Rush Limbaugh the other day and he said when he was younger and was looking to meet women he would go to bars and other places where there was supposed to be an abundance of women on hand.
He added that for the most part it was a huge waste of time and effort.
He struck upon a brilliant idea.
He went down to the local news/magazine stand and bought a bunch of womens magazines.
In these magazines were articles for women on where to meet men.

The simplicity and pure straight forward logic of this is why Rush is brilliant.
He simply read the articles and went where he was supposed to be.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Simple solutions work best.
The least complicated methods often solve the most challenging obstacles
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:32:02 PM EDT
[#2]
brilliant or not, he's still annoying
<---Michael Savage kool-aid drinker
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:35:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Savage is fun to listen to but is an ass just like O'Rielly. Rush is in a level above the both of them. I wish I could listen more.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was listening to Rush Limbaugh the other day and he said when he was younger and was looking to meet women he would go to bars and other places where there was supposed to be an abundance of women on hand.
He added that for the most part it was a huge waste of time and effort.
He struck upon a brilliant idea.
He went down to the local news/magazine stand and bought a bunch of womens magazines.
In these magazines were articles for women on where to meet men.

The simplicity and pure straight forward logic of this is why Rush is brilliant.
He simply read the articles and went where he was supposed to be.

Wow, it sounds like a plan.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Savage is fun to listen to but is an ass just like O'Rielly. Rush is in a level above the both of them. I wish I could listen more.

Savage is entertaining..sometimes, but I think he needs to be on anti-psychotics.  O'Riely is an out and out ass, but I like the fact that he says what he believes and sticks to his guns.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#6]
What prompted Rush's story was after he came out with his Club Gitmo wear, his listeners who bought the shirts didn't know where to find liberals to annoy with their new duds.  So Rush related his story about reading articles in womens' magazines about where to find men.

"So go read Mother Jones magazine, listen to Air America.  Anything to do with the environment is proably a good bet."
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:51:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Neal Boortz calls Rush the "Godfather" for a reason.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Neal Boortz calls Rush the "Godfather" for a reason.

Indeed!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great call.

HH
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What prompted Rush's story was after he came out with his Club Gitmo wear, his listeners who bought the shirts didn't know where to find liberals to annoy with their new duds.  So Rush related his story about reading articles in womens' magazines about where to find men.

"So go read Mother Jones magazine, listen to Air America.  Anything to do with the environment is proably a good bet."

Yes that was it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn, can't get Rush on the local station anymore, they don't air him and can't listen online during his show.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:20:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Google search "rush limbaugh listen online".  You'll get a lot of sites that will stream it to you.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Air America is wonderful - yep wonderful.  You get to see how the wackos and nuts think!   It's funny as hell.  if the have decent listener ratings it is because of us conservatives listening to them for the shear laughter and joy listening to absolute clueless and rating wackos.  They are funny as hell (unintentionally).  I'll bet Rush fans are their biggest audiance.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#14]
this is why i dont like Rush all the time

Mostly listen to Laura Ingram and Michael Medved
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:19:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I listened to him in study hall back in the day.  Never really thought I'd be listening now though.<G>

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:26:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
O'Riely is an out and out ass, but I like the fact that he says what he believes and sticks to HIS guns.  

Ironic, given the fact that he thinks we peons aren't worthy of possessing such pure-evilness.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:06:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great call.

HH

You guys think what you will of Savage, but at least he supports our RKBA. Hell... he even owns an AR15!!!

O'Rielly on the other hand, is on record as being one of those "why do you need a scarry machine gun" types, and his opinion is that the Second Amendment does NOT protect your right to own certain types of weapons, most notably the type that these forums are dedicated to.

Add in the fact that he is a self-absorbed, pompous ass and you could safely say that he is not my favorite commentator of all time.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:10:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I generally like Rush, but if he's so brilliant, why on earth would he call Paul Hackett, the losing democratic ohio congressional candidate, a "Staff Puke" several times in order to discredit his service as the commander of a civil affairs unit in Iraq.

It's true that Hackett has said some pretty negative things about the president, including calling him a 'son of a bitch' and saying that  Bush's taunting line, "Bring 'em on!" was "the most incredibly stupid comment I've ever heard a president of the United States make."   It's also true that he volunteered to go to Iraq, but his seven months of service was certainly necessary and honorable.  He in no way deserves to have his duties denigrated by the likes of Limbaugh.

What gives here?  Attack his message, claim that his brain was fried by the heat, ask if that kind of disrespect to a sitting president is appropriate.  But honoring the service of an Iraq veteran should be automatic.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:01:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Ann Coulter gave me a BJ last night. Rush wanted to but I told him to buzz off.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:06:18 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Proof positive that while everyone may think that they have a good sense of humor, not everyone actually does.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:28:11 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I generally like Rush, but if he's so brilliant, why on earth would he call Paul Hackett, the losing democratic ohio congressional candidate, a "Staff Puke" several times in order to discredit his service as the commander of a civil affairs unit in Iraq.

It's true that Hackett has said some pretty negative things about the president, including calling him a 'son of a bitch' and saying that  Bush's taunting line, "Bring 'em on!" was "the most incredibly stupid comment I've ever heard a president of the United States make."   It's also true that he volunteered to go to Iraq, but his seven months of service was certainly necessary and honorable.  He in no way deserves to have his duties denigrated by the likes of Limbaugh.

What gives here?  Attack his message, claim that his brain was fried by the heat, ask if that kind of disrespect to a sitting president is appropriate.  But honoring the service of an Iraq veteran should be automatic.

He talked about this today...

He says he made the "Staff Puke" comment soley on the basis that it's the vernacular the .mil types use for the position held by Hackett.  According to Rush, it was not intended to be disrespectfull.

I dunno...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:48:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Didn't someone say Rush was banging CNN anchor Daryn Kagan? She's about 40, but pretty hot. Rush must know how to and not to.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:22:20 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Didn't someone say Rush was banging CNN anchor Daryn Kagan? She's about 40, but pretty hot. Rush must know how to and not to.

Rush has no problem getting women, keeping them.....now thats different story.....
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:39:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Learn to think for yourself and these windbags wont seem as entertaining as they once did.

Rush is harmless. Savage is abraisive and self absorbed. O'Reily is his own biggest fan.  Hannity is amusing in an "aw shucks" kind of way.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:49:01 AM EDT
[#25]
That strategy reminds me of Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge!"
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:53:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Rush listener since 1992 I think, even watched his tv show when he had it.  The show the Wednesday after the November 1994 election was a classic.  Rush got me through the Klinton years.  I gave up on him for a while during the Shiavo debacle, now I'm back!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:08:13 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Oh please, not everyone in the Marines is a grunt.  This guy is a trial lawyer (fairly successful I think) that is an officer in the Civil Affairs division, sounds like he had political aspirations and motives, staff puke.  At least he went and served honorably but his honor and judgement is in question after his return.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:10:13 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Savage is a nut and will never get anything done.

SGat1r5
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:13:07 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Proof positive that while everyone may think that they have a good sense of humor, not everyone actually does.  

Some don't even have brains.............

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#30]
While Rush is OK, it was a sad day for me when the local talk station took Boortz off the air in favor of Rush. Boortz rocks! I just wish I could find a station that carries his radio show!

Bub
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:56:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Rush has one of the most analytical minds I have ever seen.  He can tear apart an argument like crazy
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:57:37 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Google search "rush limbaugh listen online".  You'll get a lot of sites that will stream it to you.

Good call thanks! I never thought to do that.

I wanted to listen to Rush at work for the longest time but thought I'd have to sign up for his Dittohead thing or whatever it's called... Found a link that's iTunes compatible, done. I'm listening to him now.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:02:45 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

www.wbap.com  from noon to 3 cdt

txl
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:03:17 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good call thanks! I never thought to do that.

I wanted to listen to Rush at work for the longest time but thought I'd have to sign up for his Dittohead thing or whatever it's called... Found a link that's iTunes compatible, done. I'm listening to him now.

It also wouldn't suprise me if people were serving up the MP3 files that the 24/7 service uploads to your  computer every day after the show.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:04:57 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
this is why i dont like Rush all the time

Mostly listen to Laura Ingram and Michael Medved

LOL.

Laura Ingram is hot!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He talked about this today...

He says he made the "Staff Puke" comment soley on the basis that it's the vernacular the .mil types use for the position held by Hackett.  According to Rush, it was not intended to be disrespectfull.

I dunno...

I'm glad he retracted it, because I generally view Rush LImbaugh as his own guy, and someone who generally loves and respects the American people, while being common sense conservative.  

However, Rush LImbaugh is not a .mil type.  And making that comment about a war in which no MOS is truly a non combatant MOS is disingenuous, I believe.

Still, I respect Rush.  I hope he's much more careful in the future.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top