Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/3/2005 12:15:38 PM EDT
I dont get it this is the 3rd one this week. The head is gone and the body is lying on my door step. Did I do something to upest someone?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:16:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Cat or dog is paying rent
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Chupacabra in the hood.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:18:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Are you dating this lady?

EPOCH
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:18:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

We had a cat in our neighborhood who did that. But it was lizards and the occasional bird.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Payback time for the Talibunny

Mark
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Good!!!

I didn't think that you got the others.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Bad voodoo.  Seriously, call the police and report the incedents.  Install a motion detecting camera and catch the idiots who did this.  Who knows, you might be able to get a shot or two off at them (j/k ).

Someone is trying to send you a message, and for whatever reason, you aren't their favorite person.  The LEO's need to know about this.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:23:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Another vote for a cat.

The cat that hangs around where I work leaves headless mice, birds, chipmunks, and moles.

Apparently, the heads are delicious.

Must remember that for future TEOTWAWKI reference.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:23:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I would also agree that a cat is the culprit.

I used to have a cat that got into the habit of doing that.  Almost everyday he would hunt down a cottontail rabbit, kill it, drag it back to my front porch, then eat just the head/brains and leave the rest for me to clean up.

After a few weeks of this I was getting pissed off !  I never could break him of the habit - it finally quit after a coyote managed to make a meal of the cat....
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I dont get it this is the 3rd one this week. The head is gone and the body is lying on my door step. Did I do something to upest someone?
img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/m-dc/bunny.jpg

Racoons do this, eat just the head and leave the body to waste... although............

they do NOT typically leave them on somebody's DOOR STEP 3 times in a row.  THAT is freaky.

????

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't know WTF you're talking about so here's a picture of a bunny with a pancake on its no head.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:27:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe you have a muslim cat living in your neighborhood that is protesting your American capitalism way of life.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:29:16 PM EDT
[#14]
OK OK, I didn't do your one, but I did do the one below with a 50gn VMax
Mark
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:31:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Maybe the demons from the original Doom have finally made it to earth.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I know that its anoying, but the cats are just rying to pay you back for a good life.
Its like saying thanks, here you can have this.

Mine would bring back birds, mice, even a couple of bats.

Would've loved to see that tangle.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't you have some crazy neighbors?

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:35:18 PM EDT
[#18]
You guys are Fucked when DaBunny finds this thread...
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:38:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Ummmm...... raise your lawn mower blades....
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Bad voodoo.  Seriously, call the police and report the incedents.  Install a motion detecting camera and catch the idiots who did this.  Who knows, you might be able to get a shot or two off at them (j/k ).

Someone is trying to send you a message, and for whatever reason, you aren't their favorite person.  The LEO's need to know about this.  

You must be joking. There are rabbits all over the place they made a nest under a bush I have outside the front door. I figured it was something natural and not a horse head in the bed sort of messege.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:42:27 PM EDT
[#22]
I agree with it being a cat. My father in laws cat does this all the time with mice, baby rabbits, rats, birds. Chews the head off then, leaves them in the garage.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:43:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Yes, but I would assume they would eat it as opposed to give it to me. They were bbqing guinne pig the other night, no shit
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:48:51 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You must be joking. There are rabbits all over the place they made a nest under a bush I have outside the front door. I figured it was something natural and not a horse head in the bed sort of messege.

I have seen crazier crap believe it or not.  The prevailing thought is it is a feline assassin/hitman.  I have never owned a cat so I don't know, but I have had some farked up neighbors over the years.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:55:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have seen crazier crap believe it or not.  The prevailing thought is it is a feline assassin/hitman.  I have never owned a cat so I don't know, but I have had some farked up neighbors over the years.  

I do as well have some jacked up neighbors, like I said they would just as soon eat the thing as leave it on my door step. dont worry I am well able to secure the premisis.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#26]
OH NO!!!!

They are going to make you an offer you can't refuse!

wait, that was a horse's head, not a headless horse.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

NO he's not!
GET SOME!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:57:45 PM EDT
[#28]
I've known owls to do the same thing. One owl took out my entire "flock" of wood ducks.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Ants!  Ants!  Ants!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Ants!  Ants!  Ants!

I was just going to say something.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one to notice.

The already carried off the head.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Karl-Heinz: Vell Dieter, all of our videos are sent in by ordinary Germans, like you and me. People with video cameras who happen to record the everyday occurrences of the grotesque and the profane.

Dieter: I am so full of anticipation that my genitals have sucked up into my body cavity. Before we begin… before we begin, would you like to touch my Monkey?

Karl-Heinz: I would be honored.

Dieter: Touch him! Love him! Liebe mein affe-mienke! Now I am as happy a little girl. Let us see the first video.

Karl-Heinz: The first video was sent in by Colin Hartmen from Dueseldorf. Here is a fat man in a diaper cavorting about in a lawn shprinkler. I guess this proves that old Bavarian saying that a fat man and a shprinkler are soon together.

Dieter: Brilliant. Truly disturbing.

Karl-Heinz: The next video was sent in by Geurgud Gardner from Baden-baden. Here they have come across the body of a tramp, which in itself is not so disturbing. Until it is turned over to reveal…. ANTS! ANTS! ANTS!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Another vote for a cat.

My cat has brought over many bunnies, mice, goffers, moles, various birds, lizards, snakes.. etc... The bunnies had heads though...but the cat would chomp o the heads of the mics & rodents sometimes.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I've had this problem with a neighbor in the past, He used to think he knew vodoo and would take pigeons and rip their heads off and chuck them over my fence. Well one day he got shot. I wonder how he didn't see that coming with his special vodoo powers.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:30:14 PM EDT
[#34]
I found one like that behind my house last summer.  I'm glad I'm not the only one that it has happened to.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:47:22 PM EDT
[#35]
That woman kept yelling at you about the rabbits when we bar-b-qued at your house that night.  Don't you think that's an indicator?

Maybe the bees got the rabbit!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe you have a muslim cat living in your neighborhood that is protesting your American capitalism way of life.

Jihaddi Cat!

tinypic.com/9v8bw8.jpg

All your bunny heads are belong us

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:52:10 PM EDT
[#37]
So, you'd rather find a head with no bunny?

I know exactly what it is....you've been looking at that damned 'optical illusion' thread!

Eat some peanut butter!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#38]
I have two problems with the cat theory.

1)  Cats don't understand gratitude.  There is no "thank you" in their behavior or motives.  They act on instinct and instinct alone; pre-programming and learned behavior.

2)  Cats will bring dead mice, birds, etc. to the house in order to teach you how to hunt.  This behavior allows the kitten (in your case you) to play with the prey and get used to chasing, batting and pawing it before sinking in the fangs for the kill shot.  This same behavior can be seen when you use a string or feather to play with a cat or kitten.  You, in this case, are teaching it to hunt.  Actually, since all this is so universal to cats, I would argue that you aren't "teaching" but just activating the sub-routine in the cat's brain.

So unless you own a cat, or a cat in the area sees you as part of its territory, this is probably not the explanation.

I would put up one of those deer cameras and see what it is for sure.

G
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:57:55 PM EDT
[#39]
some cat has a crush on you and wants to share with you.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:00:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Scatter some empty  brass on your doorstep. The cat will get the message
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#41]
My cat Serbu does that all the time. Nothing like a little head.

Here is an old photo of his work.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

1)  Cats don't understand gratitude.  There is no "thank you" in their behavior or motives.  They act on instinct and instinct alone; pre-programming and learned behavior.

2)  Cats will bring dead mice, birds, etc. to the house in order to teach you how to hunt.  This behavior allows the kitten (in your case you) to play with the prey and get used to chasing, batting and pawing it before sinking in the fangs for the kill shot.  This same behavior can be seen when you use a string or feather to play with a cat or kitten.  You, in this case, are teaching it to hunt.  Actually, since all this is so universal to cats, I would argue that you aren't "teaching" but just activating the sub-routine in the cat's brain.

So unless you own a cat, or a cat in the area sees you as part of its territory, this is probably not the explanation.

G

cats will do this if they're acknowlage you as the "pack leader" and are showing signs of submission....but thats' usualy cats you own...
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:19:28 PM EDT
[#43]
The cats who have been cleverly hiding their superior intelligence for years, have learned that the earth will be destroyed shortly and are leaving the planet.  They have left you a departing gift with the following message:

So long and thanks for all the bunnys.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:20:05 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Chupacabra in the hood.

aeeeehye esai

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:21:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Are you in New York?

Maybe these guys are setting up in your neighborhood.

GM
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:24:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Why do the cats like heads? Are the heads like those Cadbury Easter Eggs? Hard crunchy shell and creamy, gooey middle?

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Looks like the field mice got back at ol  lil bunny fu fu and smacked him on his head.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#48]
My cat does that with squirrels.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:29:27 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

+1. When I was a teenager I had a little mixed breed terrier, fast as hell. 2 or 3 mornings a week I'd open the front door to find fresh squirrels (3 or 4 of them) on the welcome mat.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:33:48 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

G

I dont have a cat.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top