Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 9:06:57 AM EDT
Im going on vacation next week and of course Im carring . But I was thinking how many of yall carry on vacation? I normally carry my 1911 in a sholder holster over my t shit with a over sized button up , un buttoned , un tucked. The only 2 times I dont carry on while Im out is when Im swiming or if I plan on having a few drinks. I'm more defensive on vacation , exspecialy in built up areas around the big beaches.   Just wanted  to get the Hivemind's Thoughts
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:55:56 AM EDT
[#1]
The purpose of a carry permit is to conceal carry wherever it is legal to do so.......so I do.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:02:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Last vacation I did we specifically planned it around places where our AZ CCW was valid.

Had a very nice week driving around AZ, UT and CO seeing the sights.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:04:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Does a CCW carry from state to state. Or no?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:05:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Last vacation I did we specifically planned it around places where our AZ CCW was valid.

Had a very nice week driving around AZ, UT and CO seeing the sights.

Agree. I only go to states than honor my CHL.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:06:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

go to packing.org and search around....also check your home states laws and webpage and call the courthouse or state police for further info.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:08:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I dont have much to worry about because all the states that I vacate to ,honor Va permits.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Wherever\whenever I can.   There's a few states that permit having a loaded pistol in a vehicle and\or hotel with you without even a CCW.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Not everywhere since I travel over seas as well, but most of the places I go in the US I have a weapon with me.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#9]
What's a  vacation?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#10]

So...you think the bad guys are going to say - "Oh, he's on vacation, let's not mug him. Sorry to bother you sir, we'll go mug this other guy who is not on vacation"
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:25:36 PM EDT
[#11]
At least in the car.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

It depends on the state.  How do you have almost 700 posts and not know this?

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:44:44 PM EDT
[#13]

When I clicked on this I thought it said "Vatican Carry", and I thought "Man, the Swiss guard will kick your ass!"

Jim
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:04:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Tourists usually have more paper money and unsigned travelers checks on them than locals.  They're a good mark.  You're a good mark.

It's my opinion that Florida passed CCW  for the tourists, not the locals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top