Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2005 8:56:16 AM EDT
I just found money!  Back when I was born, some stock was purchased for me.  Dividend reinvestment was done, and the family forgot about it.  Well, today it was discovered and found to be worth over three thousand dollars.  Yipee!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:57:36 AM EDT
[#1]
You found it for real not in some email scam right?

I heard plenty of stories of people falling for those.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:58:01 AM EDT
[#2]
yay!  I just found 55,800 frequent flyer miles on delta from trips in the late 80's and 90's, purchased a ticket with them already!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:58:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You found it for real not in some email scam right?

I heard plenty of stories of people falling for those.

Shhhhhhhh..

Don't spill my plan.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:58:32 AM EDT
[#4]

congrats my friend,  dont spend it all in one place!!  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:00:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
yay!  I just found 55,800 frequent flyer miles on delta from trips in the late 80's and 90's, purchased a ticket with them already!

I remembered I had a bunch of hotel points, cashed them in last month for ebay credit.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:00:50 AM EDT
[#6]
It is real.  No doubt about it.  I found it myself when setting up an account for my daughter.  Stumbled upon it by accident!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:02:56 AM EDT
[#7]
gun store here we come
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:03:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Congrats!!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:04:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Good score, use it wisely.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:05:10 AM EDT
[#10]
GuyI know is an A/C man and a fireman. He put all of his fire pay in an account to buy his fiance a new Trans Am when they got married and lived on the A/C money. Well, they broke up and he forgot about the account for quite a while.
When he checked it he bought a new truck and took a 2 week long elk hunting trip.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:05:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Ha, that's nothing, I'm going to be a millionare after I help out my new friend in Nigeria!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:07:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It is real.  No doubt about it.  I found it myself when setting up an account for my daughter.  Stumbled upon it by accident!

Pass it on to your daughter, you haven't missed it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Leave it alone. Find it again later on.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:11:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Nice score!  

I just found out that my Magic: The Gathering cards are apparantly still worth some money.  I hadn't played in years, and I dug them out to show them to my young cousin who still plays.  He was drooling over what I had.  I need to sell them.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:21:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Now that he found it, he will.

It sounds like he is already taking care of his daughter.  If my Grandather dies, and leaves my 10 grand for example, should I just turn it over to my children just because I didn't miss it before?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:23:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Maybe you could pony up for a membership, Fruit cake!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:26:58 AM EDT
[#18]
 HEY!!!!  I just saved a bunch of money on my insurance by switching to Geico!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:29:13 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Nice score!  

I just found out that my Magic: The Gathering cards are apparantly still worth some money.  I hadn't played in years, and I dug them out to show them to my young cousin who still plays.  He was drooling over what I had.  I need to sell them.

hmmm, perhaps I should dig mine out.  Any idea where they could be sold, or at least values found on them?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:38:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Roth IRA!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:51:36 AM EDT
[#21]
You've always wanted a mac10...haven't you?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Nice hooker and good blow!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:55:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Bribe some Ohio Rep's to pass some good old fashioned Castle-Doctrine legislation.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Savings and consumption.  Lost then found savings leads to consumption.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:57:47 AM EDT
[#25]

I just found out that my Magic: The Gathering cards are apparantly still worth some money. I hadn't played in years, and I dug them out to show them to my young cousin who still plays. He was drooling over what I had. I need to sell them.

A friend about a year ago asked if I still had any of mine, I had a ton of the first series that came out.  I had thrown them out maybe a few weeks before he asked, then the ass wanted to show me what they would've been worth.  I won't look.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:28:13 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice score!  

hmmm, perhaps I should dig mine out.  Any idea where they could be sold, or at least values found on them?

Ditto...
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:37:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Wow.  Hookers, blow, Roth IRAs and Mac10s all in one thread?

This is starting to sound like late night TV!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:41:21 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
You've always wanted a mac10...haven't you?

I was thinkin the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:46:50 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice score!  

Ditto...

I really have no idea.  I know you used to be able to get values from Scrye and some other magazine (Wizards?).  I imagine there are value sheets listed online now, but I'd have to Google for them.  You could probably unload them for quick cash to a comic book shop that sells Magic cards, but you'll probably get ripped off.  Might can sell to players who come in, though.  Maybe at a Magic tournament, if they still have them.  And there's always eBay.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:56:13 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice score!  

Ditto...

I really have no idea.  I know you used to be able to get values from Scrye and some other magazine (Wizards?).  I imagine there are value sheets listed online now, but I'd have to Google for them.  You could probably unload them for quick cash to a comic book shop that sells Magic cards, but you'll probably get ripped off.  Might can sell to players who come in, though.  Maybe at a Magic tournament, if they still have them.  And there's always eBay.

That kind of stuff, I'd either put a flyer up on a bulletin board in the local comic shop where people play it, or (most likely) put em up on ebay. ebay is usually better for collectable stuff like this. I'd do it sooner than later though. Someday that fad will finally die off.
Just look at Beanie Babies. And all those fools who paid big and kept em.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:01:01 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Good score, use it wisely.

<party pooper> throw it in your girl's account </party pooper>
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:11:16 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Ha, that's nothing, I'm going to be a millionare after I help out my new friend in Nigeria!

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Nice score!  

Where do you look to find prices?  My whole Magic card collection is from 1994-1996.

Jim
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:00:33 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice score!  

Where do you look to find prices?  My whole Magic card collection is from 1994-1996.

Jim

That stuff is worth money? What about my D&D 20-sided die?

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Since its money you didn't know you had, I would just reinvest it. You'll thank yourself years from now.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:02:35 PM EDT
[#36]
If I remember correctly we're related right?  Patty
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Bribe some Ohio Rep's to pass some good old fashioned Castle-Doctrine legislation.

Keep an eye out next session!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:01:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Hi, my name is Nchukunbubmi Falnquadnissin, I am of the Nigerian Royal Family of Falnquadnissins.  I am of righting of grave impotence.  Due to the recent civil wars that have ravaged my home land, the Royal Falnquadnissins are needing to relocate our vast riches to the America Land.  We are in need of you to assist us in wiring our money across the ocean to complete our relocation.  The total money will be $139,345,242,444,001, which must be deposited in your bank account.  For doing us this courtesy, we will be giving you $3 million pesos and a donkey.  
Please kindly respond, we need your money assistance.
Nchukunbubmi Falnquadnissin
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:11:57 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Now that he found it, he will.

It sounds like he is already taking care of his daughter.  If my Grandather dies, and leaves my 10 grand for example, should I just turn it over to my children just because I didn't miss it before?

Yep.  Compounding interest.  Nuff said.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Maybe you could pony up for a membership, Fruit cake!

+1
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Hi, my name is Nchukunbubmi Falnquadnissin, I am of the Nigerian Royal Family of Falnquadnissins.  I am of righting of grave impotence.  Due to the recent civil wars that have ravaged my home land, the Royal Falnquadnissins are needing to relocate our vast riches to the America Land.  We are in need of you to assist us in wiring our money across the ocean to complete our relocation.  The total money will be $139,345,242,444,001, which must be deposited in your bank account.  For doing us this courtesy, we will be giving you $3 million pesos and a donkey.  
Please kindly respond, we need your money assistance.
Nchukunbubmi Falnquadnissin

I've gotten at least 20 E-mails like that.
The fastest way to change their minds is to ask them for proof, proof of their existance and what's happening to them.

I end up spamming them :p
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:44:22 PM EDT
[#42]
EE
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

congrats my friend,  dont spend it all in one place!!  

Buy a Transferable class 3.

Like a Sten gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top