Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2005 5:46:23 AM EDT
What are the legal aspects of selling multiple samples of a prescription medicine online.
I have someone (family) who has been given several samples of Effexor to try. She has since come off the medicine and is on another. Now she has several months supply in blister packs.
Is it illegal for her to sell online? Or is it best just to try to find someone who takes it and give it to them?
I told her I thought it was illegal ,but she is one stubborn B@$%h!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:48:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Trash them, illegal to sell or give away.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:57:23 AM EDT
[#2]
It is only illegal when you get caught.  

Seriously, selling Rx drugs or samples is VERY ILLEGAL.  Your states DA frowns upon it and the DEA will get involved and prosecute severly.  Your best be it to destroy the samples (crush pills and disolve in water)  or flush down the poop shoot.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:23:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Illegal under numerous laws, and stupid.  Give them away to someone already taking it, or destroy it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:23:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What are the legal aspects of selling multiple samples of a prescription medicine online.
I have someone (family) who has been given several samples of Effexor to try. She has since come off the medicine and is on another. Now she has several months supply in blister packs.
Is it illegal for her to sell online? Or is it best just to try to find someone who takes it and give it to them?
I told her I thought it was illegal ,but she is one stubborn B@$%h!

Illegal, effexor is not over the counter, it requires a prescription.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:34:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Pharmacist chiming in.....Samples and prescriptions cannot be sold under any circumstance.  Totally illegal. Even giving them to someone else could open up your family member to civil liability if a person has an adverse reaction. Best bet is to have them destroyed or return them to the doctor that gave them out.

Plus how much could they possibly get for for Effexor? Oxycontin on the otherhand.....
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:44:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Delivery Of a Controlled Substance. Felony in my state, whether for money, barter, trade, services or free.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#7]
It's so illegal you don't want to go there.  If you were to try to sell them online, you could expect a knock at you door and a trip to jail.  1)  Only a pharmacist or physician is authorized to dispense prescription drugs.  2)  Any drug marked sample is illegal for ANYONE to sell to ANYONE.  3)  Even if you have a valid prescription for a medication, it is illegal for you to give your medication (whether or not they are free samples) to someone else (even if they have a prescription for the same medication).   I've known doctors who've been indicted for selling medication to patients that they received as free samples.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:01:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Does the phrase, "You have the right to remain silent," mean anything at all to you?

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:05:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I see a visit to Club-Fed in her future. Don't let her do it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#10]
***UPDATE****  After she left this morning, I took all of the and flushed them. She is going to be pissed but she will get over it. She is kind of a trashy girl. ( she is related down the line on a cousins side)
I will let her see the replies here. Thanks to all that chimed in.

My wife said I should have let her sell them. Jail would do her good.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:02:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Tell her to throw them away.

I am pretty sure it's illegal, and definitely immoral since she never paid for them.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:03:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
***UPDATE****  After she left this morning, I took all of the and flushed them. She is going to be pissed but she will get over it. She is kind of a trashy girl. ( she is related down the line on a cousins side)
I will let her see the replies here. Thanks to all that chimed in.

My wife said I should have let her sell them. Jail would do her good.

She lives with you?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:43:01 PM EDT
[#13]
No, but the twit seems to think that since she works a few miles down the road that this is her second home. My wife is going to correct this tonight when she gets here. She is rather pissed over this today.
I am going out to my shop to reload. It will be much safer out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top