Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 4:47:26 AM EDT
Harbor Freight Junk tool catalog: has Electronic EarMuffs. Catalog 151 E.
These are cheep ones but I bought two pairs and they do seem to work fairly well .

The audio is a little high pitched but for the $20.00 they are selling for they seem to be well worth it
I have used them several times and they do the job. They cut out the shooting and all other loud noises. However they are cheep and they look cheep and they are built cheep. But for those of us that can’t afford the $300.00 ones they fill the bill.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:55:17 AM EDT
[#1]
cheep... cheep..

Searching for birds or inexpensive ear muffs?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:56:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Midway has a pair on sale right now for about $35 which are normally about $65.  It is their bargain of the month.

M.L.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:59:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I have some of those and like them. Ya they're cheap.....but you could buy 15 pair for the price of one of the name brands.
As far as high pitched, thats good, it cuts through the muffled noise, or drone of an engine ect, They were made for the construction industry where things like that are common.

They are susceptible to RFI though.  A friend had his cell phone about 20ft away and I could hear the digital signal(not voice) from it in the phones but no big deal.....my hearing is still intact.

I'll be buying a couple more pairs soon.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have some of those and like them. Ya they're cheap.....but you could buy 15 pair for the price of one of the name brands.

Your name brands must be getting quite the markup then; I can get Peltors for $60 or so. You get what you pay for when it comes to your cheap electronic muffs..
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:31:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't like them.

Not enough room for my ears underneath the muffs - they're heavier than Peltors - and they pick up cell phone interference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top