Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 3:06:23 AM EDT
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

dam just dam 23 marines on 3 days not good.

all i got so far working on it

Fourteen U.S. Marines and a civilian interpreter killed today in attack south of Haditha, Iraq, U.S. military says. Details soon.

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8797271/
14 Marines, interpreter killed in western Iraq
Deadly incident comes after Marine sniper teams ambushed in same town
NBC News and news services
Updated: 7:13 a.m. ET Aug. 3, 2005

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Fourteen U.S. Marines and a civilian interpreter were killed Wednesday in western Iraq, the U.S. command said.

The Marines, assigned to Regimental Combat Team-2, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward), were killed in action early Wednesday when their vehicle was hit by an improvised explosive device, the military said. One Marine was also wounded.

The incident occurred during combat operations just outside of Haditha, which is 140 miles northwest of Baghdad.
Story continues below ↓ advertisement

No other details were immediately available.

6 killed in earlier incident
News of Wednesday's attack follows the U.S. military's announcement Tuesday that six Marines had been killed in action in a separate incident in western Iraq.

The Marines were also assigned to Regimental Combat Team-2 of the 2nd Marine Division. As in Wednesday's incident, Monday's attack occurred in Haditha.

A seventh Marine was killed by a car bomb in Hit, 50 miles southeast of Haditha in the volatile Euphrates River valley.

The fatalities pushed the death toll for Americans since the start of the war past 1,800.

Insurgents posted handbills in Haditha, claiming to have killed 10 U.S. troops and seizing some of their weapons.

At least 1,815 members of the U.S. military have died since the beginning of the Iraq war in March 2003, according to an Associated Press count. At least 1,396 died as a result of hostile action. The figures include five military civilians.

Were killings an inside job?
For U.S. military officials, the deaths of the six Marines killed in action Monday raises an unsettling prospect: that they may have been victims of someone with inside information.

The six were members of two sniper teams, trained to pick off the enemy at a distance, one-by-one, with a single precision shot.

Officials report the sniper teams were working together and in position when they were ambushed by an unknown number of insurgents.

Marines nearby heard the short, heavy burst of enemy gunfire that apparently killed five of the Marine snipers instantly. Evidence indicates the attack came so quickly the Marines were unable to return fire.

The sixth Marine either escaped or was taken prisoner but was later found dead a mile or so from the scene of the attack.

Monday's attack is eerily similar to one in nearby Ramadi more than a year ago, when four Marine snipers were ambushed and killed.

In both cases, it's feared the Marines were betrayed by insurgents who had infiltrated the Iraqi military. In fact, a recent Pentagon report warns that some Iraqi military and police recruits may be insurgent or terrorist infiltrators.

“We need their skills and abilities, so we have to accept some level of risk in having them in the new security forces,” said Jeffrey White, a Pentagon official.

More injuries in Baghdad
In other violence, a roadside bomb targeting a U.S. military convoy exploded Tuesday at the entrance to a tunnel in central Baghdad, and at least 29 civilians were wounded, officials said.

The blast hit as the convoy was about to enter the tunnel in Bab Shargi, near Tahrir Square, said police Capt. Abdul-Hussein Munsif. Two Humvees appeared to have been damaged, he said.

U.S. and Iraqi forces placed a security cordon around the area. The U.S. military had no immediate information on casualties.

An emergency services official said on customary condition of anonymity that 29 wounded civilians were taken to two hospitals.

The bomb left a three-foot-wide crater in the ground. Charred parts from the armored Humvee littered the site and seven civilian cars were also badly damaged.

Amid violence, constitution deadline nears
As the Aug. 15 deadline neared for finishing Iraq's new constitution, U.S. Ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad called for it to protect women's rights, saying it was an important element for the country's success.

After meeting with representatives from some Iraqi women's groups, Khalilzad said they agreed that the equality of women "is a fundamental requirement for Iraq's progress."

The ambassador said that the U.S. government is expecting a constitution that would ensure full rights to all Iraqis, regardless of their sex, ethnicity or gender.

"My focus is to help get a constitution that does this. Of course, the Iraqis will decide but we will help in any way that we can," he said.

Khalilzad said his government would encourage Iraqi politicians to exclude any constitutional articles that discriminate or limit opportunities for any Iraqi citizens.

www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/08/03/iraq.main/index.html

Fourteen Marines killed in bombing
Fighting in northwest Iraq claims lives of 21 Marines in 3 days

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Fourteen Marines and a civilian interpreter were killed Wednesday when their amphibious assault vehicle struck an improvised explosive device about 2 kilometers (1.2 miles) south of Haditha, Iraq, military officials said.

A Marine was also injured. The Marines were assigned to the 2nd Marine Division.

Wednesday's attack follows the killings of six Marines Monday in Haditha, which is in northwest Iraq.

Another Marine was killed in a suicide car bombing in nearby Hit on Monday, the Marine Corps said.

This week's Marine deaths brought the number of American troops killed in the Iraq war to more than 1,800, according to U.S. military reports.

All seven of Monday's casualties were assigned to Regimental Combat Team 2, part of the 2nd Marine Division, 2nd Marine Expeditionary Force.

Haditha and Hit are Sunni Arab cities along the Euphrates River about 135 miles and 95 northwest of Baghdad respectively. Both have been the subject of recent efforts by U.S. and Iraqi troops to clear out insurgents.

They are in sprawling Anbar province, which stretches from the western environs of Baghdad to the Syrian, Jordanian and Saudi borders.

The province has been a hotbed of insurgents and jihadists from other Muslim countries since the U.S.-led invasion that toppled Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein in 2003.
U.S. convoy hit

A suicide car bomber attacked a U.S. military convoy Tuesday as it traveled though an underpass beneath al-Tahrir Square in Baghdad, wounding 29 people, Iraqi police said. Fifteen vehicles were destroyed.

In Baquba, about 30 miles north of Baghdad, police said gunmen killed a Diyala province Health Ministry official and his driver Tuesday near Diyala Medical College.

Dr. Abdul Hassan Mehdi was director of Khalis General Hospital in the town of Khalis, police said.

Also in Baquba, a bomb attack on a police convoy killed a police officer and a child Tuesday, police said. Seven police and a civilian were wounded.
Terror group commander captured

Iraqi police have captured a top commander of Ansar al-Sunna, a terrorist group blamed for last year's suicide bombing at a U.S. military mess hall in Mosul that killed 22 people, including 14 U.S. troops.

A U.S. military statement released Monday said Majid Mohammed Ahmeen, the group's commander in Diyala province and its self-proclaimed emir, was picked up along with a dozen other Ansar al-Sunna members in a series of raids in July. All are being held by coalition forces in Baquba.

Spokesman Maj. Steve Warren said Iraqi police also seized videotape during the raids that shows insurgents carrying out attacks.

Two commanders of Ansar al-Sunna's assassination cells -- Abass Hussain Faissal and Rahd Mohamed Mahmood -- were among those captured during the raids.

The military statement said those cells have been linked to at least 20 assassinations, including the death of Kathim E-Ekza, a member of the Khatoon city council.

According to the statement, Ahmeen coordinated with al Qaeda in Iraq and the Revolution of 1920 Group to conduct complex attacks in Baquba and throughout Diyala province.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:07:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Crap!  Any details?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:09:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Crap!  Any details?

trying to get the link now from msnbc and cnn just broke on good morning america their after the marines fuck.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:09:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Fuck. This has been a shiity week already and it ain't getting any better. WTF happened this time?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:11:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Son of a bitch.  I realize we are at war, and I realize there isn't any difference between 21 dead in 2 weeks vs. 21 dead in 2 days, but DAMN - WTF is going on over there?  I thought things were starting to calm down some - where the fuck are these hadjis getting their guns, bombs, intel, etc?  Haven't we killed enough of them and their leaders to cripple them yet?  Or is this going to continue forever?

The sooner we can turn over more patrolling and control to the Iraqis, the better.  Let THEM die for their country.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:15:09 AM EDT
[#5]
This sounds like the start of a new insurgent offensive. And I'll bet money these aren't your typical insurgent either. Sounds like these MF'ers actually know what they are doing. Are the Chechens back at it again? Iranians? Hardcore Al Queda?

We need to find these fucks and make them die in piles. We can't be losing this many guys in single attacks every day. The war is already unpopular with many and this isn't gonna help any. We can't afford to have another Tet 68' all over again.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:15:18 AM EDT
[#6]
guys i am working on getting the link all i know is we just lost 14 more marines goddamn them fuckers. i am pissed.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:21:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:22:24 AM EDT
[#8]
BTT
looks like their aav hit an ied dam

i hope these guys were not that same reserve unit that lost 6 marines yesterday
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:36:09 AM EDT
[#9]
BTT and new linky

abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=1003766

14 Marines, Interpreter Killed in Iraq
U.S. Military Says 14 Marines, Interpreter Killed in Western Iraq

BAGHDAD, Iraq Aug 3, 2005 — Fourteen U.S. Marines and a civilian interpreter were killed Wednesday in western Iraq, the U.S. command said.

The Marines, assigned to Regimental Combat Team 2, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward), were killed in action early Wednesday when their vehicle was hit by an improvised explosive device, the military said. One Marine was also wounded.

The incident occurred during combat operations just outside of Haditha, which is 140 miles northwest of Baghdad.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:46:47 AM EDT
[#10]
The battle cry of freedom is paid for once again by the blood of our brave warriors.

RIP Marines. Vengance shall come, and it will be swift.

WTF are you waiting for GWB!!!?? Set them loose.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:51:07 AM EDT
[#11]
[salute]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:53:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Damn.

I'm beginning to wonder if we shouldn't just pull out and nuke the place....
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:55:15 AM EDT
[#13]
RIP Devil Dogs, you will be avenged.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:35:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Sonofabitch

Time for some serious ass kicking.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:52:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Mark my words---there will be a MAJOR Marine offensive in Haditha in the next few days.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:54:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:55:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:04:54 AM EDT
[#18]
wtf man.  I was wondering about Iraqi Military Infiltrators when I was watching that sickness video that was posted the other day.  If my unit ever goes over, I hope we never get coupled with an ING bunch.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:05:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Does Laos and Cambodia ring a bell?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:08:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:18:18 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It does and that's the killer, If GW tells the .Mil to tear into Syria and smash the insurgents forward opearing bases, every news hack and his dog will say ……'GW mired in another 'Cambodia' operation'

NOT if he makes his case from the bully pulpit.  He MUST have the proof and we know that proof can be acquired.  I am waiting.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:01:54 AM EDT
[#22]
BTT
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:08:56 AM EDT
[#23]
RIP Devil Dogs
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:14:26 AM EDT
[#24]
RIP.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:14:46 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It does and that's the killer, If GW tells the .Mil to tear into Syria and smash the insurgents forward opearing bases, every news hack and his dog will say ……'GW mired in another 'Cambodia' operation'

NOT if he makes his case from the bully pulpit.  He MUST have the proof and we know that proof can be acquired.  I am waiting.  

He is woefully poor at comunicating the case for anything.  God love him for pissing in Reid's cheerios, but a natural-born leader and rally-round president he just aint.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:24:59 AM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:26:32 AM EDT
[#27]
tough time for the corps, that's for sure.

wish bush would just send in troops to occupy these hotspots. this budget warfare shit has got to stop if we're gonna make any headway. isn't this like the third time we've had to go into haditha??? we go in, we kick ass, we hang around a couple days, we leave. do bush or rummy really think the terrs aren't gonna slip right back in? or has rummy figured out on his calculator it's cheaper to respond to constant hot spots than it is to lock a place down and keep your boot on the areas neck?

man, iraq is rapidly becoming a sideshow. if bush isn't willing to stand up to the media and the poll takers and fight the war with everything we have, we need to leave.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:29:20 AM EDT
[#28]
When I try to eplain to people that this war was a bad idea they get pissy with me blabbing about iraqi freedom this that and the other thing.  Its really not so much that cleaning up the middle east is a bad thing in and of itself, its just that GW really only commited to doing a half-assed job at it.  An awsome leader, as some make him out to be, he definately is not.  Shoulda followed the generals advice and went in hard with a quarter million troops+ and stomped them from the start.  Lock iraq's border down, etc etc.  Basicaly put the crush on anyone who opposed us before we let them build up any momentum to resist.  What we have now is really starting to reek like that other 'police action'....  We know where the bad guys are but we are too PC to go in and blow them the fuck up.  Not to mention there are plenty of poot dissenfranchised young muslim men who think they only way they can make meaning of their life is to blow themselves up in the hopes of taking out some of our boys with them.  Obviously the only answer to that is to blow them up before they get close, which it seems GW lacks to the guts to do.  His 2nd term he should have stuck it to them, seeing as how he politicaly doesnt have anything to lose.  Blah, enough rambling.  Republican, Democrat.  Doesnt matter who you vote for they are all just polititians brimming with the same old bullshit.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:36:53 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
BTT
looks like their aav hit an ied dam

i hope these guys were not that same reserve unit that lost 6 marines yesterday

They were from 3/25, the same unit.....
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:49:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Very sad news

GM
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Details about some of the identified fallen

www.newsnet5.com/index.html

They were all from Ohio and mainly the Cleveland area, so the local Cleveland news is paying a lot of attention to this.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:17:43 PM EDT
[#32]
I saw give the Iraqis a deadline to run the country themselves.  So far they are acting like Democrats and making someone else pay the bill. We took out the Baathists and their military, they need to step up. Sure some have but not to the level that looks like a nation that wants to progress.  

Lazy slackers deserving of another dictatorship that is sure to take hold.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:49:18 PM EDT
[#33]
6 US Marine Snipers Ambushed

it gets worse.

They had their weapons captured, which means there are a few very deadly SR-25's now in enemy hands

FOX News showed photos of the captured weapons and said there were images of the slain Marines on the same hadji website.

The gloves are fucking OFF,  if they weren't already!!!

RIP Men, and thank you for your sacrifice.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:56:08 PM EDT
[#34]
3rd Bn 25th Marines is based out of Brookpark.  Ohio.  Lima Co is out of Columbus.  Was my first unit in the USMC.  There is a guy that posts here that is in L 3/25.  I for one am hoping he is OK.  They have had a hard time with it and are due to rotate out over the next month or so.

Situation here is not great, but according to friends who were here last year, it is better.  Not even as hot.

So long from TQ
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:23:56 PM EDT
[#36]
I saw the maggots website, which has a video of the ambush of the US Marines

Fucking Savages are going to have Hell rain down on them in the worst of ways

Cannot happen fast enough or completely enough for me.

Thermo-nuclear Warhead

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:06:53 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

it gets worse.

They had their weapons captured, which means there are a few very deadly SR-25's now in enemy hands

FOX News showed photos of the captured weapons and said there were images of the slain Marines on the same hadji website.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/redfisher19/flagwave.jpg

BTT
fuck them rifles are capable of 1500 meter one shot kills not good.
i hope the usmc wipes them all out.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:04:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Crap.  On another board I'm a member of, there were two soldiers in the 3/25.  On 7/29, he informed the board his comrade and fellow board member was killed in the sniper ambush.  A few days later, he himself, a Navy corpsman, was in the vehicle hit by the IED

He survived the attack, but I understand he's been badly wounded.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it gets worse.

BTT

That's a scary thought.

Thinking of the soldier that was sniped, saved by his BA, and then healed the sniper. Now these guys have the ability to make BA useless by making consistent headshot past 600m when employed by a skilled shooter.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:26:25 PM EDT
[#40]
God bless their brave departed souls.

And to think... they died so that Sharia law can be brought to the "peace" loving people of Iraq.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Btt
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:02:53 AM EDT
[#42]

Now these guys have the ability to make BA useless by making consistent headshot past 600m when employed by a skilled shooter.

Do you really think that the Hajis have the discipline to create 600m capable marksmen?

If so, our men you be getting the shit kicked out of them from outside of M4 range.  Bolt-actions and scopes are awful easy to acquire.

I hate to have our tools in the enemies hands, but I wouldn't worry about them using them properly.

Disconnector
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:10:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Yeah, it's not like they don't already have access to sniper rifles. They can get whatever they want now anyway.

Besides, the rifle makes little difference. The man using it is what matters.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's easy to avoid.

All you have to do is let Iraqis do the fighting. Send some of them the other way across the border and start a "terror bombing campaign" in Syria. Have Iraq declare war on Syria down the road if things don't start improving.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:32:09 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

it gets worse.

BTT

That's a scary thought.

Thinking of the soldier that was sniped, saved by his BA, and then healed the sniper. Now these guys have the ability to make BA useless by making consistent headshot past 600m when employed by a skilled shooter.

I don't care what rifle you have, you don't make consistent 600m headshots without some skill. You can steal a rifle, but you can't steal the skill.

Wonder where the Hadjis are going to get range time?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top