Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 3:04:56 PM EDT
I am trying to like that show,,,I know we have a 50 page post on here someplace.  I actually like the premise of the show, but damn can it be acted out in a stupider way??

They live on a "battlestar" a supposed HUGE warship with no doctors or nurses or plans for mass casualities, no chowhall or commisary, no engine room and a command center for 8 guys.  This ship is staffed by techies and pilots who do not use any military or nautical terms or methods to operate the damned thing. The damned ship's commander got operated on by a corpsman with a leatherman.  They seem fixated on lying and politics and fucking each other and have no grasp of their tactical predicament.

A Cylon ship crashes into their ship and they make no effort to either locate it or secure the crash site until after the raiders board and began to assault the ship. They have three rounds of AP for their magic pistols and they have arms lockers all over the place completely unsecured and nobody even tries to maintain an inventory of anything. Their ground tactics involve a lot of cowardice and lying carefully blended with a lot of yelling and standing up.  Apparently, Cylons never developed the ear or a working visual mode.

They know Cylons look like people and they still make no effort to exert positve control of any assets or account for personell.  They get caught fucking Cylon women and after a taste of robot nookie commit treason without any regret.  I'd have killed that robot humper on Caprica and got it over with last season.  The "president" is tripping on drugs and looking for a "magic arrow of Apollo" to lead them to the secret world of earth.  Somehow, that sounds like a great idea for all who hear it, since they mutiny without remorse.

In the middle of the complete destruction of their way of life, everything they held dear and the near total collaspe of their military they are whining and bitching about who gets to be in charge of the crumbs.  Nobody seems to care in the least that they are about to be wiped off the face of the galaxy if they get caught by the Cylons.

Apparently only the retarded are allowed in space.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:10:09 PM EDT
[#1]
This second season sucks so far. I guess the hype wore off and the script writing and acting turned down.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#2]
The show has plot holes, but it's not as bad as you're making it out to be.

They live on a "battlestar" a supposed HUGE warship with no doctors or nurses or plans for mass casualities

There is one doctor and a few nurses. The ship was in the process of decommissioning when the war broke out.

no chowhall or commisary, no engine room and a command center for 8 guys.

Uh, they just don't show the galley or commisary or engine room, that doesn't mean they don't have them. And the command center looks pretty big to me.

The damned ship's commander got operated on by a corpsman with a leatherman.

The doc was on another ship when they were separated.

A Cylon ship crashes into their ship and they make no effort to either locate it or secure the crash site until after the raiders board and began to assault the ship.

The ship was being bombarded with missiles for 10 minutes. The crew was probably pretty busy with damage control duties.

Anyway, it's better than 99% of the crap on sci-fi channel. Some of that other stuff you wrote, yeah you've got a few points, but I manage to like it in spite of that.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#3]
it's just a tv show man
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:14:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Now that's funny, and true.

I hope future episodes have cylons rampaging through the ships killing off all the regulars. I really don't care about any of the charactors so massive destruction would be welcomed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:17:40 PM EDT
[#6]
They have about 50,000 surviors if they follow the law of averages they should have more than one doctor and at least one nurse.  In terms of "damage control" I kind of think the crashed Cylon ship would be of interest,,,,,or at least a priority.  

As far as shows go,,it is a little ahead of Godzilla when he was a guy in a rubber suit.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:20:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Dude, that's what the switches marked "OFF", "Channel UP" & "Channel DOWN" are for.  

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Start from the beginning and watch it.

You will have a better understanding.

And it is just a TV show.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:23:34 PM EDT
[#9]
You equate Sci-Fi = good writing. I don't see why people make this assumption anymore. Sci-Fi television has had some of the worst writing in the last 20 years of television.

The Sci-Fi channel is just proof that even if you get fired as a reality TV writer there is still work in the industry for you.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:27:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Have you noticed that with the big evil empire gone, the SG1 is now going to battle an evil religion?

They will have plenty of material to draw from.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:30:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am trying to like that show,,,I know we have a 50 page post on here someplace.  I actually like the premise of the show, but damn can it be acted out in a stupider way??

They live on a "battlestar" a supposed HUGE warship with no doctors or nurses or plans for mass casualities, no chowhall or commisary, no engine room and a command center for 8 guys.

It's quite apparent that you either have not seen, or slept through, the original mini-series and the whole first season.

Go watch them and do not post here until you are caught up. You have your homework assignment, now get to it.

—Dan
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:00:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Have you noticed that with the big evil empire gone, the SG1 is now going to battle an evil religion?

They will have plenty of material to draw from.

SG1 is going down hill fast.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:02:13 PM EDT
[#13]
The whole premise of Sci-Fi is to be Fiction, as in Fantasy.

If you guys haven't noticed SG-1 has turned into Star Gate Trek, and Richard Dean Anderson isn't far from being picked up by Priceline to do some commercials.

Battlestar does need some military advisors on set, but how many military movies or TV's haven't?  Right two, and I need not mention them as we all know which one they are.

Right now in Battlestar you are seeing the situation getting more and more desperate as they deplete their resources more and more.  The pilots and military folk are being wittled away in every episode.  They are going to have to start conscripting more and more from the other ships.

Humanity as a whole has never, been a very rational race.  The point of the current plot line is to see them tearing themselves down more and more.  Until they finally clue in and start working as a team.  Just watch our versions of "Reality" TV, the people are so cutthroat and emotional they are constantly trying to jockey for any advantage regardless of the situation they are in.  Some of them purposely exploit their situation to eliminate unwanted adversaries and form "political" alliances no matter what is happening.  To the point of taking others out on their way down.  To think this wouldn't happen in a true "SHTF" situation is just a complete lack of understanding human nature.  

The crew borders on mutiny because they are being torn by witnessing a "legendary" prophecy becoming true.  This isn't a "what if" prophecy this is the real thing, something they never truly believed would happen or be witness to.

I ask some of you this question.

What if the Bible prophecy started to come true.  All the true Christians started to disappear.  And things started falling apart.  The legends and stories you heard started to come true.  Everything you were taught to believe in was false (evolution) and it became aparent that you weren't one of the true Christians.  Your old way of life was gone and things you loved to do, and people you loved were gone and you had to make a choice to believe or hold on to the old (wrong) ways.  Your duty to the old way no longer applied, and your duty to the new way was your only means of salvation.

I like BSG, it put into perspective a true SHTF situation.  Yes some of these folks are in the military, but that system is gone, that government is gone.  There leaders hold onto it because they are ingnorant of what is going on with the President, and in denial of what they are starting to be exposed to.

Some of you may think the President is hallucinating, like she is crazy and on drugs or something but the plot is that she is really part of a larger prophecy that is unfolding as they go along.  She isn't on drugs, she is having visions from "something" larger.  The leaders are holding on to a system that failed them, by creating the very problem they are running from, and they are denial of the signs they are being witness of.  Be holding onto the "system" they are compounding the situation they are in.  The public by and large are in the dark as to what is going on.  Few members of the crew see what is happening but the leaders are trying to keep them from helping the obviously "true" leader or guide.

The saddest part is this thread was made by someone who doesn't get the "whole" plot and cna't see the obvious story line and where it is going to.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:02:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I havent watched the new season yet, got to download it
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:04:36 PM EDT
[#15]
It is only a TV show, make believe, entertainment to watch and forget about things for an hour, dont take it to serious.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#16]
It's fiction.  Moreover it's science fiction.  Some relaxation of the rules of reality are required in order to enjoy it.

Of course, I think the alternate ending to the original Star Wars makes a heck of a lot more sense too:  www.howitshouldhaveended.com
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#17]
I watched most of the first season. Humanity was sold out by the only smart guy on 12 planets, he traded 12 planets of life for some pussy.  That being said, this was 12 planets of people who instead of wondering what happened to a race of machines that was trying to wipe them out,,decide to disband their military and go thru life unarmed and ill equiped to handle any disaster. Twelve planets ran by democrats.  The worlds only smart guy spends most of the first season fondling himself and daydreaming about his cylon fuck princess and nobody thinks it is in the least odd.  

The senior NCO in the maintenance section if fucking a pilot who is sneaking around the ship blowing shit up. Instead of turning her in and saving lives he is worried about the lack of pussy if she gets caught.  She later shoots the ships commander.

Apparently, when the worlds got destroyed they had ships full of newsmen, prisoners and aspiring politicans orbiting every planet and not much else.  Their first decision was to run away and leave whatever life remained on twleve planets to fend for itself. Instead of doing anything meaningful, they quibble over who is gonna be the next president.

As they run away they expect the remains of their crumbling military to save them. They make no effort to assist the miltary and for some strange reason they get full unrestricted access to wander the militaries only remaining ship unsupervized and scam for pussy, booze and smokes.  They do take every chance they have to second guess and subvert the military. As a society they take drugs and while they are tripping they have visions about their gods, they use these to guide them thru life.  

They decide to bring a plague of Cylons to an unsuspecting world called Earth. When they get to earth do you think they will mention they originally created Cylons?

The thing that is keeping this show alive is that every cylon fuck robot is in some way hot.  They must screw pretty good since a couple of throws from the robot hoochies and guys are betraying their military, goverments and in the case of Baltar they betrayed their entire civilization for some hot robot pussy.  Thus every geek in america has something to wack off too, a robot girl that can't say no if you program her right.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:41:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
 That being said, this was 12 planets of people who instead of wondering what happened to a race of machines that was trying to wipe them out,,decide to disband their military and go thru life unarmed and ill equiped to handle any disaster.  

If they disbanded their military then there would be no need for the "only smart guy on the 12 planets" to sell them out.

The simple fact is they had a large military structure that was only able to be defeated by infiltration. The Cylons did not attack until they had that advantage.

Unable to handle any disaster? This was hardly any disaster. This was the complete annihilation of all 12 planets. How could the US have done if the USSR would have nuked the shit out of us? Probably just as well.

Your post is the perfect example of someone trying to be cool by ripping on something. What original work have you produced? Probably nothing. That's the problem with our society. Everyone is willing to tell you how much you suck, but offer no alternative.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#19]
And to think they canceled "Farscape" for this.......
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:52:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I watched most of the first season. Humanity was sold out by the only smart guy on 12 planets, he traded 12 planets of life for some pussy.  That being said, this was 12 planets of people who instead of wondering what happened to a race of machines that was trying to wipe them out,,decide to disband their military and go thru life unarmed and ill equiped to handle any disaster. Twelve planets ran by democrats.  The worlds only smart guy spends most of the first season fondling himself and daydreaming about his cylon fuck princess and nobody thinks it is in the least odd.  

The senior NCO in the maintenance section if fucking a pilot who is sneaking around the ship blowing shit up. Instead of turning her in and saving lives he is worried about the lack of pussy if she gets caught.  She later shoots the ships commander.

Apparently, when the worlds got destroyed they had ships full of newsmen, prisoners and aspiring politicans orbiting every planet and not much else.  Their first decision was to run away and leave whatever life remained on twleve planets to fend for itself. Instead of doing anything meaningful, they quibble over who is gonna be the next president.

As they run away they expect the remains of their crumbling military to save them. They make no effort to assist the miltary and for some strange reason they get full unrestricted access to wander the militaries only remaining ship unsupervized and scam for pussy, booze and smokes.  They do take every chance they have to second guess and subvert the military. As a society they take drugs and while they are tripping they have visions about their gods, they use these to guide them thru life.  

They decide to bring a plague of Cylons to an unsuspecting world called Earth. When they get to earth do you think they will mention they originally created Cylons?

The thing that is keeping this show alive is that every cylon fuck robot is in some way hot.  They must screw pretty good since a couple of throws from the robot hoochies and guys are betraying their military, goverments and in the case of Baltar they betrayed their entire civilization for some hot robot pussy.  Thus every geek in america has something to wack off too, a robot girl that can't say no if you program her right.

Another Hater asserting his opinion about what he think's vs. the plot of the show.

The military wasn't disbanded, it was sabotaged, hacked, and rendered useless in combat.

Everyone thinks the smart guy is odd, as he not only has wanking fantasies but bangs other hot chicks along the way.  Can't really blame the guy.  I bet 90% of American men would sell their children into slavery to get a sniff of Tricia Helfer's panties.

The civilians don't assist the military because like most Americans they believe that Democracy affords them the right to dismiss the military whenever they feel like it.

The two guys that are banging the same Cylon refuse to believe she is one of them because if you didn't already guess it "Love is Blind".  Or pussy whipped, which is how most men become even when they aren't banging hot actress's.  

The fantasy isn't they are in space being chased by killer robots.  The fantasy is that the Religious Prophecies they have always believed to be stories are coming true.  The story is of humanity being purgded of the sins it left behind and are trying to deal with along the way.  

In case you missed something the blond Cylon believes she is talking to God, her mission is to bring the Cylons and humanity together ti form a Master Race.  All the "fucking" you notice is robots trying to "steal" whatever genes they can get (mostly the doctors) and mix it with their own.

The President isn't tripping on LSD, she is experiencing visions that are obviously coming true (something else you missed).

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:12:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Someone on a forum somewhere hilariously said that "The only things these clowns seem to have plenty of is cigars, cards, and booze".
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:14:38 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

They live on a "battlestar" a supposed HUGE warship with no doctors or nurses or plans for mass casualities, no chowhall or commisary, no engine room and a command center for 8 guys.  This ship is staffed by techies and pilots who do not use any military or nautical terms or methods to operate the damned thing. The damned ship's commander got operated on by a corpsman with a leatherman.  They seem fixated on lying and politics and fucking each other and have no grasp of their tactical predicament.

A Cylon ship crashes into their ship and they make no effort to either locate it or secure the crash site until after the raiders board and began to assault the ship. They have three rounds of AP for their magic pistols and they have arms lockers all over the place completely unsecured and nobody even tries to maintain an inventory of anything. Their ground tactics involve a lot of cowardice and lying carefully blended with a lot of yelling and standing up.  Apparently, Cylons never developed the ear or a working visual mode.

They know Cylons look like people and they still make no effort to exert positve control of any assets or account for personell.  They get caught fucking Cylon women and after a taste of robot nookie commit treason without any regret.  I'd have killed that robot humper on Caprica and got it over with last season.  The "president" is tripping on drugs and looking for a "magic arrow of Apollo" to lead them to the secret world of earth.  Somehow, that sounds like a great idea for all who hear it, since they mutiny without remorse.

In the middle of the complete destruction of their way of life, everything they held dear and the near total collaspe of their military they are whining and bitching about who gets to be in charge of the crumbs.  Nobody seems to care in the least that they are about to be wiped off the face of the galaxy if they get caught by the Cylons.

Apparently only the retarded are allowed in space.  

They were not expecting a war.  Galactica has a skeleton crew, and they were about to mothball her.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#23]
 Everyone thinks the smart guy is odd, as he not only has wanking fantasies but bangs other hot chicks along the way. Can't really blame the guy. I bet 90% of American men would sell their children into slavery to get a sniff of Tricia Helfer's panties.

You think a lot of Tricia's panties, I guess I am in the 10% that can control themsleves.

The two guys that are banging the same Cylon refuse to believe she is one of them because if you didn't already guess it "Love is Blind".  

Typical Galactic conversation:

pilot Bob; "Hey Chief, I noticed you are fucking an oriential chick that looks like the oriential chick I am fucking?"

Chief; "Yeah, they got a bunch more down by the engine room, man do they fuck sweeeeeeeet."

pilot Bob; "Does yours try and blow shit up all the time too?"

Chief; "Yeah, but when she is done, she feels really bad and I stuff it in her pooper."

pilot Bob; "Oh hell yeah,,,mine is off trying to kill Starbuck. I can hardly wait till she gets back cause I am going to wear her pooper out."

Chief; " The best thing about these babies are they are self-lubricated."

All the "fucking" you notice is robots trying to "steal" whatever genes they can get (mostly the doctors) and mix it with their own.

Jizz stealing robots that think they are talking to God? Nerds are enslaved by hot horny robots that want their semen to create a master race of semi-intelligent cowards with marginal physical fitness.  I am guessing their bible differs a little from ours.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
 Everyone thinks the smart guy is odd, as he not only has wanking fantasies but bangs other hot chicks along the way. Can't really blame the guy. I bet 90% of American men would sell their children into slavery to get a sniff of Tricia Helfer's panties.

You think a lot of Tricia's panties, I guess I am in the 10% that can control themsleves.

The two guys that are banging the same Cylon refuse to believe she is one of them because if you didn't already guess it "Love is Blind".  

pilot Bob; "Hey Chief, I noticed you are fucking an oriential chick that looks like the oriential chick I am fucking?"

Chief; "Yeah, they got a bunch more down by the engine room, man do they fuck sweeeeeeeet."

Chief; "Yeah, but when she is done, she feels really bad and I stuff it in her pooper."

pilot Bob; "Oh hell yeah,,,mine is off trying to kill Starbuck. I can hardly wait till she gets back cause I am going to wear her pooper out."

All the "fucking" you notice is robots trying to "steal" whatever genes they can get (mostly the doctors) and mix it with their own.

Jizz stealing robots that think they are talking to God? Nerds are enslaved by hot horny robots that want their semen to create a master race of semi-intelligent cowards with marginal physical fitness.  I am guessing their bible differs a little from ours.

In case you didn't notice, the 2 "Boomer" Cylons are nowhere near each other, and neither are Chief Tyrol and "Helo".

In other words, you saw an episode or two, haven't watched the whole thing, and basically don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Once again, I've said this more than once on ar15.com, if you don't know what you're talking about at all, don't open your damn pie hole.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:41:02 PM EDT
[#25]

<-------------------------------

Best Sci-Fi show ever created, Stil is.

Jaffa Cree! (old)
Hallowed are the Orai! (new)
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#26]

I love it!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:58:13 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

You haven't been paying terribly close attention to the show (trying to read and watch at the same time?), but you are a funny sumbitch.

I don't think there is such a thing as a bad buttsex joke.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#28]
You know, I have purposely NOT watched any of the new show. I liked the original show when it was on before, but they jumped the shark somewhere in the third season and it went straight to hell.

That said, lonegunman's comments are fricking hilarious, and those who engage him in rebuttal merely fan the flames. This is GREAT!!!

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Everyone thinks the smart guy is odd, as he not only has wanking fantasies but bangs other hot chicks along the way.  Can't really blame the guy.  I bet 90% of American men would sell their children into slavery to get a sniff of Tricia Helfer's panties.

Must be cause I'm not american.  I find her totally boring.  Another blonde bimbo.  Big deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top