Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/2/2005 1:40:14 PM EDT
the police are shooting at him with their pistols but it has not effect, the perp is wearing lvl 3 body armor, you drive by on your way home form the range with your rifle and see this, you stop and tell the police you can take him out with your rifle.

will the LEO take your rifle and take out the perp or do they deputize you and let you take the shot?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:41:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Do I stop, yes.  Do I shoot, no.  I had an "incident" when I ran the local food bank.  Gang activity was high in this little gem of a neighborhood, to say the least.  I was just getting back from my pick up and I noticed that there were about 30 - 40 hispanic gang members hiding around in the bushes and behind houses close to the food bank.  Well I just so happend to have picked up my SP1 from the fun store, 6 mags and a case of ammo.  I got on the radio and told everyone inside to get inside the freezers cause S was about to HTF.  I grabbed my SP1 and started loading mags when I felt a hand grab my shoulder.  It was Officer Richard Guy from the SPD.  Asked for a sit rep (we know each other well) and asked me what I had.  I told him and he said "Let me have that..."  I said NO F"EN WAY .  I did give it to him, however cause I didnt want that liability.  So cops will ask for guns in a time of need.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd let them borrow my rifle, I wouldnt want the civil suit on my hands.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:41:52 PM EDT
[#3]
It is your fantasy.....you decide.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

lol
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:43:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I love pie.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:43:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I would just step out of my vehical and wax him, shit you have the rifle.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:43:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yes and yes

You're kidding right?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
the police are shotting at him with their pistols but it has not effect, the perp is wearing lvl 3 body armor, you drive by on your way home form the range with your rifle and see this, you stop and tell the police you can take him out with your rifle.

will the LEO take your rifle and take out the perp or do they deputize you and let you take the shot?

BTW.  What does shotting meean?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:44:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd start by using my dictionary and English Composition books as cover. THen I'd slowly advance with my eraser.
When I was in range, I would correct all mistakes.

Then I'd go home and signal the aliens to begin the invasion.

I want to have fantasies too. Dark fantasies. Dangerous fantasies...........
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:44:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Bwaaaaahahahahahah!!1
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:44:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
they try to take your rifle and you resist

they tase you

they arrest you

your convicted on gun charges are resisting arrest

the confiscate your guns, shoot you dog and burn down your house.

i keep driving and let the proffesionals deal with it.

Yes Indeed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry, I ain't rambo and I do not fantasize about being deputized and saving the day.

I will keep on driving. Cops around here have rifles.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:46:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I doubt they'd let you shoot him.  They might "commandeer" your rifle and shoot him with it, though.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

my fantasy involves 2 girls a midget and a lemon pie
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Is it Uturn or U-turn?

I never can remember.

its u-turn i think
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:49:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Isn't this Aren't you the guy that was asking about the .300win mag sniper rifle?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Once I "draw down" the perp and the cops will lay down their weapons and sumbit.

Fear the Full Power Shot!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:52:51 PM EDT
[#21]
In MY fantasy ...

I would hide and take the shot, the cops would be like "dude, that guys head just exploded .... shyyaa ... dude.....where'd that come from?"
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
do i have my ceramic plates duct taped to my chest before i get out of the car?

no, but yo have about 3000 layers of plastic food plates
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Give him my rifle and then pop the perp in the head with my G20
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:54:07 PM EDT
[#24]
It depends on if you have real ultimate power like this guy or not...

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:55:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

www.realultimatepower.net/ninja/kidgarbage.jpg

no but lets say you have super regeneration powers
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.realultimatepower.net/ninja/kidgarbage.jpg

no but lets say you have super regeneration powers

That always helps in these tactical situations.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:57:36 PM EDT
[#27]
The last time somebody stopped to shoot at bad guys when cops were pinned down by gunfire, the arriving back-up shot him in the back, literally.

Unless it looked like the cops were going to be killed unless somebody did something right f-ing now, I'd stay the heck away. I have no desire to be shot by the bad guys, and friendly-fire isn't. In nearly every case, I'd let the professionals handle it and evac the area.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The last time somebody stopped to shoot at bad guys when cops were pinned down by gunfire, the arriving back-up shot him in the back, literally.

Unless it looked like the cops were going to be killed unless somebody did something right f-ing now, I'd stay the heck away. I have no desire to be shot by the bad guys, and friendly-fire isn't. In nearly every case, I'd let the professionals handle it and evac the area.

Yeeeeeeeeow.

Fucketh that.
Unless S Reallllly HTF, My Family, friends and My dogs or myself are the only thing I'm willing
to get involved in.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#29]
I would drive away....quickly.
Not my job to save the world.
I carry a CCW for my protection.....and if others took on that same responsibility they wouldnt need my help in the first place.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:05:55 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
the police are shooting at him with their pistols but it has not effect, the perp is wearing lvl 3 body armor, you drive by on your way home form the range with your rifle and see this, you stop and tell the police you can take him out with your rifle.

Ummm, I have a patrol rifle I take with me on every shift. Why whould I not deploy it?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#31]
oh yea.  the cops see you with a gun they will take it and keep it.
you are not their buddy.  your a potential criminal with an assault rifle,  weapon. an assault weapon.  so if you show up on the scene with the rifle expect to get to in the body and one in the head.  if you walk up to them to offer them your gun they will get upset and arrest you for interfering and then maybe take your gun.

if they shoot the perp with your gun they will keep it to be used in any trial or just as evidence.
in any event you will never get it back.

the days of Charles Whitman and civilians keeping his head down while police storm the UT tower are over.

now if a single cop is "down" help him as best you can.  first call for backup and then without getting yourself shot by either him or the perp.    
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:13:07 PM EDT
[#32]
all the cops are down
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#33]
tagged
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:18:41 PM EDT
[#34]
I'd promptly set up a rifle and ammo rental booth for the policemen. Nothing like the sound of opportunity calling.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#35]
HAHA, I got a badge too.....I take the shot
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I'd promptly set up a rifle and ammo rental booth for the policemen. Nothing like the sound of opportunity calling.

all cops are down
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:26:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Depends on the situation. Theyd prolly deputize me since Id have my ghillie suit at hand. I could do a sneak attack and hit the enemy covert style with my throwing stars. Throwing stars allow for more kills if done right because the enemy doesnt know your coming not to mention the more thrusts per squeeze aspect.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
all the cops are down

How would they take your guns if they are down.

I got an idea get the midget to "ninja" up on the perp, hit him in the face with a lemon pie, and you get the girls.

How's that for fulfilling all the requirements of your fantasy.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#39]
IIRC, the use of deadly force law in MS states that deadly force is justified if you are assisting an officer of the peace in any function where that officer's use of deadly force would be justified.

In other words, if some asshole is shooting at a cop, and you take the asshole out, you are in the clear.

Not to mention, the law also states that deadly force is justified if it is to prevent death or serious bodily harm to another individual... say if you come upon a thug with a knife  threatening an old lady, you can shoot the thug.

I would recommend checking out your state laws before making the decision.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:32:20 PM EDT
[#40]
If this were a serious situation, like the N Hollywood shootout, I might get involved if I could shoot the M-F w/o getting too close to the scene.  Otherwise, I'd unass ASAP.  The days of cops welcoming armed assistance from peons are over.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:36:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:38:02 PM EDT
[#42]
I have a hard time believing the police would want me to saunter up and start shooting, even if I was wearing a shooting jacket and carrying a personal letter from Carlos Hathcock.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:46:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Well I'm a shuttle driver.  I have a bay full of Space Rangers and some very good door gunners.  I could have my door gunners take him out from orbit then the Rangers would fast rope down and secure the area while my door gunners and belly gunner provide covering fire just incase he has a friend in the AO.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
all the cops are down

How would they take your guns if they are down.

I got an idea get the midget to "ninja" up on the perp, hit him in the face with a lemon pie, and you get the girls.

How's that for fulfilling all the requirements of your fantasy.

i like it, except for the pie throwing, ill hit him with a rock and eat the pie w/ my ladies
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Do I stop, yes.  Do I shoot, no.  I had an "incident" when I ran the local food bank.  Gang activity was high in this little gem of a neighborhood, to say the least.  I was just getting back from my pick up and I noticed that there were about 30 - 40 hispanic gang members hiding around in the bushes and behind houses close to the food bank.  Well I just so happend to have picked up my SP1 from the fun store, 6 mags and a case of ammo.  I got on the radio and told everyone inside to get inside the freezers cause S was about to HTF.  I grabbed my SP1 and started loading mags when I felt a hand grab my shoulder.  It was Officer Richard Guy from the SPD.  Asked for a sit rep (we know each other well) and asked me what I had.  I told him and he said "Let me have that..."  I said NO F"EN WAY .  I did give it to him, however cause I didnt want that liability.  So cops will ask for guns in a time of need.

so let me get this straight....

a passel of Mexicans was fixin to raid the food bank?

So you got on the radio......

awww nevermind
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm not giving my Ar's to anybody under any circumstances.  I don't care who lives or dies as a result of my inaction, as long as I don't know them or they're not in my family.   Every Pennsylvanian has the opportunity to get a CCW permit, it's not my fault they didn't do so.

And another thing:  If I'm anywhere near a wacko shooting up the place, I'm not hitting my brakes, I'm hitting the gas.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:53:35 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
they try to take your rifle and you resist

they tase you

they arrest you

your convicted on gun charges are resisting arrest

the confiscate your guns, shoot you dog and burn down your house.

i keep driving and let the proffesionals deal with it.

+100000
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#48]
no habla englis!

I'd play dumb if they come for me for help and be armed and ready if the threat's toward me and family.  Don't want my rifle borrowed and then confiscated for "evidence" or any folllowing lawsuits, civil or criminal.  Sure, in the older days I could of popped the perp with a .50 or something, but why bother, ain't my ass on the line so far, but when it does, I'll shoot and take my chances
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Where's option for:

Go help him out and have him give you a gun?

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:00:48 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I'm not giving my Ar's to anybody under any circumstances.  I don't care who lives or dies as a result of my inaction, as long as I don't know them or they're not in my family.   Every Pennsylvanian has the opportunity to get a CCW permit, it's not my fault they didn't do so.

And another thing:  If I'm anywhere near a wacko shooting up the place, I'm not hitting my brakes, I'm hitting the gas.

basically the same sentiment as I stated...if you have the right to carry a weapon but choose not to, dont come begging me for help. As far as the local police, the guys I hang out with at the range are as equipt if not more so than I...they wouldnt need my toys, they have their own.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top