Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/2/2005 10:11:34 AM EDT
Child In Stable Condition; Scalp Found In Dog's Stomach

HODGENVILLE, Ky. -- A 4-year-old Kentucky girl is lucky to be alive after a gruesome attack by the family's pit bull.

The attack happened Monday night at the child's home in Hodgenville, in Larue County, Louisville television station WLKY reported.

As Emily Page Stinnett remains in stable condition at Louisville's Kosair Children's Hospital, Larue County Sheriff Bobby Shoffer struggles to remember an attack as gruesome as Monday's.

"It's the worst I've seen in my 17 years of law enforcement," he said.

Shoffer added that when he and his colleagues responded to the Stinnet's home, they saw a blood-spattered doghouse in the backyard, Miller reported. And the pit bull hadn't seemed to calm down since the attack. The deputies then took action.

"When we got at the scene, the child was in the backyard just a few feet from the dog," Shoffer said. "EMS was called, and they responded. The dog apparently was still aggressive and it wouldn't let EMS near the child, so the dog had to be put down."

Stinnett and another girl were swinging on the swingset with the pit bull chained and staked just 7 feet away, WLKY-TV reported.

Shoffer said something provoked the dog, and it snapped, pulling its stake as it lunged at the girl and biting her face just above the eyebrow.

"I guess you would say she was more or less scalped," Shoffer said. "She had some puncture wounds to her stomach."

According to Shoffer, the dog then dragged the little girl around the yard as she screamed for help. Her stepmother ran to Emily's aid, but the dog would not let her near the little girl. According to investigators, the stepmother took off in her car to get a neighbor to help rescue little the girl.

"These dogs are unpredictable," Shoffer said. "The least little thing ... the dog could be happy one minute, and the next minute they go absolutely crazy. Anybody that has young children (needs) to make sure the dog is chained or properly fenced in."

Once the girl was transported to Kosair, doctors there told the sheriff that child's hair and scalp had to be found and delivered or she would die. Shoffer said he had to cut the dog's stomach open to find the scalp, which was then rushed to the hospital, WLKY reported.

Family members told WLKY that the doctors reattached the majority of the scalp, but added that the girl still might face more surgeries.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:15:05 AM EDT
[#1]
So, of course, it was all in how the dog was raised.  Or, it was an abused dog.  Add to that "my dog will never do that".

Pit bulls rank right up there with snakes in my book.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:15:19 AM EDT
[#2]
IBPBH
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:16:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Glad to see no one here is plied by media hype or frenzy....

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I have been told, repeatedly, that such attacks are rare.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:17:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I bet fluffy never ever bit or showed any signs before right?    I simpathize with pitbull owners becauze most have never had a problem and probly never will but I think maybe the dogs are just retarded.    I've never seen a chiwawa tear off a kids scalp and eat it.

Those dogs are trouble. If that was my dog and kid I'd kill the dog tend to my child then have a little sit down with myself for exsposing my child to that possibliity then I'd gp out and kill every pitbull I saw.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:18:57 AM EDT
[#6]
The possibility of a loose Pitbull is 90% of the reason I would take my gun with me on a neighborhood walk.

Pitbulls are like sharks, Cuz.  They only bite if you touch their private parts!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#7]
So how about I post every attack by Shepards or say Labs.  One a day, and then pronounce how dangerous they are?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:20:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So, of course, it was all in how the dog was raised.  Or, it was an abused dog.  Add to that "my dog will never do that".

Pit bulls rank right up there with snakes in my book.  

Snakes serve a useful purpose.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:20:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Crap, I did not make it before the haters did. I guess with all the stuff happening I should go ahead and put my loving friend down, to avoid this. Man my daughter will never understand as the pup(pit) and her are best friends. I guess I will turn in all my evil assualt rifles too, it is for the kids.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:20:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So how about I post every attack by Shepards or say Labs.  One a day, and then pronounce how dangerous they are?

Do it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:27:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do it.

yeah you'l run out of reports in about a week
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:30:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Of course the dogs breed isn't always in the headlines on these huh?

Dog bites off boy's lip
An 8-year-old boy was treated at Lake Region Hospital Saturday after he was attacked by a golden lab
that bit off the boy's upper lip.
The Otter Tail County Sheriff's Department said the attack happened around 6 p.m. at a home on 14754
County Highway 81 in rural Clitherall.
The department said the attack was unprovoked and the dog is being quarantined by its owner for 10
days to see if signs of rabies emerge.

TheIowaChannel.com
Dog Kills R.I. Infant
POSTED: 8:37 pm CDT July 13, 2005
COVENTRY, R.I. -- A dog killed a days-old baby girl in Coventry, R.I.
Police told two television stations that the little girl was mauled Wednesday morning by a Siberian
Husky.
One station reported that the family tried to drive the baby girl to the hospital, but stopped at the fire
station in West Warwick, R.I., where firefighters tried to help save the girl.
The dog is in the custody of local animal control officers.
Coventry police Lt. Ronald DaSilva said the death is being investigated and police are trying to be
sensitive to a grieving family.

Pit bull attack reported by boy is false, p
say
A pit bull attack reported in Green Bay on Wednesday was false, police said Thu
A boy reported being bitten by a pit bull Wednesday in the 1400 block of West M
but he was actually bitten a German Shepherd when the boy entered an acquain
yard in the 1100 block of Day Street on the city’s east side, according to the Gre
Department.
The boy falsified the report to protect the acquaintance, police said. The dog’s o
Green Bay Press-Gazette the boy had been warned to stay out of the yard.
The boy has been cited for making a false report.
— Nathan Phelps/Press-Gazette

Woman seeks intervention after
neighborhood dog bite
Gina Mangieri
A 66-year-old Aiea woman says she called police after
being attacked by a neighborhood dog. But so far it
seems nothing's been done. And now she's hoping the
Hawaiian Humane Society will intervene to remove the
dog from the neighborhood.
The victim spent 6 days in the hospital. Now that she's
back home, she's concerned about the safety of her
neighborhood.
Lydia Kam was out for her morning walk on June 16 when she says a neighbor's dog
her on Kahilinai Place in Aiea.
"I saw him come but he's so fast," she said. "I still in my mind think how fast that dog
attack.He bit me first on my thigh, then he already knocked me down -- and then he
hand. All over bruised -- every place."
She recalls the attack lasting 4 to 5 minutes, and says she couldn't find the strength t
"I was thinking, oh I'm gonna die, I died, I'm gonna die," she said.
The dog's owner pulled the animal off Lydia. She spent the next 6 days in the hospita
According to police the dog was a mastiff. That breed can weigh up to 165 pounds.

REDWOOD CITY — Animal Control officers euthanized two adult male dogs Tuesday after one sent
a 19-month-old girl to Kaiser Hospital's emergency room with bites to the face and head.
Melissa Williams of San Mateo called Redwood City police Monday night to report what happened to
her toddler, according to police reports. The dogs belonged to the victim's grandmother, and this
incident marked their first encounter with Animal Control.
Though only one animal apparently bit the child, both were put to sleep at the request of the owners.
The dog that bit the child was named Boo, a 6-year-old male neutered Pointer — a kind of sporting dog
popular among hunters, said Peninsula Humane Society spokesman Scott Delucchi. PHS provides
animal control services for every city in San Mateo County.

Animal Control seeks dog that bit girl
From Staff Reports
May 24, 2005
Sioux Falls Animal Control is requesting the public's help in locating a dog that bit a girl Saturday night.
The dog was tied outside of Empire Bowl while its owner went inside. The bite occurred about midnight
outside the establishment at 3800 S. Westport Ave.
The dog is described as a larger white animal with black spots - possibly a dalmatian or springer mix.
Anyone with information can call the Sioux Falls Animal Control Office at 367-8764 or Metro Communications
at 367-7000.

Boy survives dog mauling
May 9, 2005, 9:31 PM
Tift County- Ana Valdez still can't believe her son Ramiro is still alive.
"I always see on the news about little kids being attacked by dogs,
and I thought it was never going to happen to us," says Ana Valdez.
Friday afternoon the seven year old was riding his bike along Tift
County Line Road when he was attacked.
"Four dogs came out and mauled him. It was two labs, a Doberman,
and a bulldog mix. Two hundred bites from his head to his feet, tore
up his leg and his calf pretty bad," says animal control officer Reginia
Wells of Tifton-Tift County Animal Shelter.
Ramiro tried to use a beer bottle to fight off the dogs. Investigators
say the canines probably only stopped attacking when he passed
out.

Elderly Ga. woman killed by her two dogs
The Associated Press
(Published April 16‚ 2005)
GLENWOOD, Ga. (AP) - A 74-year-old animal
lover was found dead in her home after what
police believe was a brutal attack by the
woman's two mixed-breed dogs. Neighbors
reported a commotion Thursday at the house of
Laverne Ford, a retired nurse's aide who lived
alone with the dogs and many cats.
When an officer arrived, the larger dog -
estimated at between 50 and 60 pounds - was
sitting next to Ford's body, Wheeler County
Sheriff James Peacock said. Both dogs had
blood on them and are believed to have taken
part in the attack.
"I've seen dog bites before, but I'd never seen
anything like this," Peacock said.
The officer shot the larger dog after it threatened
the officer, and the other dog, which weighed
about 30 pounds, fled into a bathroom and
officers locked it inside.

A 7-year-old Astoria boy was injured on Sunday when he
was attacked by a dog in Fresh Meadows.
Yoseph Noori was visiting his sister’s home in Fresh
Meadows when a stray dog entered the front yard. At the
sight of an infant, being held by a relative, the dog suddenly
pounced on Yoseph.
The dog, described as a male
husky, knocked Yoseph down and
bit him in the cheek. Relatives
were able to pull the boy away and
the dog stopped the attack.
Police were called and the dog
was located in the neighborhood
and shot with tranquilizer darts.
The animal was then taken to the
Center for Animal Care and Control
to be tested for rabies.
Yoseph was removed to New
York Hospital Medical Center of
Queens in Flushing, where he
received over 100 stitches to his
face and then released.
The dog’s owner, Hyun Oh, is a
neighbor of Yoseph’s sister and
lives at 58-03 203rd Street. He
received three summonses for the dog not being on a leash, creating a
nuisance and being unlicensed.
Oh apologized to the Noor family for the dog’s actions. According to the
family, the dog, a 3-year-old named Pokdol, had been tied up to a tree in the
backyard while they went to church. They also said the dog had no previous
history of biting humans.
No decision has been made yet on what will happen to the dog. According to
Richard Gentles, deputy executive director of the CACC, the dog will be held
for 10 days for the rabies quarantine. Then it is up to the Department of Health.

Woman is attacked by two dogs in
Martinez
Web posted Friday, March 25, 2005
By Valerie Rowell | Staff Writer
A 71-year-old Martinez woman who was attacked by two boxer dogs was listed in good
condition Thursday at Medical College of Georgia Hospital, said Danielle Wong Moores,
a hospital spokeswoman.
Grace D. Sleister, of the 200 block of Old
Evans Road, sustained bites to much of her
body during the attack in her Casa Bella
neighborhood off Old Evans Road, officials
said.
"It was bad, real bad," said Linda Fulmer,
the manager of Columbia County Animal
Care and Control. "She has bites to both
her arms and legs and her head and face."
Mrs. Sleister told police the incident
occurred at about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday when
she was walking on Anneswood Drive in
Martinez. She said two dogs ran from a
neighboring yard and attacked her. The
dogs, owned by Robert Joseph Brechtel,
60, who lives in the 200 block of
Anneswood Drive, were seized by Animal
Control officers.
Mr. Brechtel told police he last saw his dogs
tied in the back yard, but he was inside
when he heard Mrs. Sleister scream,
according to a Columbia County Sheriff's
Office incident report. Mr. Brechtel went
outside, as did several neighbors, and saw
the dogs were loose and attacking Mrs.
Sleister.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:30:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Ban children!!!  Do it for the pitbulls!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't give a shit what kind of dog it was, I just hope the child will recover. There's nothing more traumatic than holding a child that has been hurt (or worse) like that.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:34:57 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I don't give a shit what kind of dog it was, I just hope the child will recover. There's nothing more traumatic than holding a child that has been hurt (or worse) like that.

I'd agree.  Just get tired of the hysteria.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#16]
In before the Pit Bull Police
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:37:38 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Exactly!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
In before the Pit Bull Police

Yeah, heaven forbid we not be led around by the media.......

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:41:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Ban children . . . and pit bulls . . . and all dogs . . . then nuke it from orbit.

It's the only way to be safe.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Ban children . . . and pit bulls . . . and all dogs . . . then nuke it from orbit.

It's the only way to be safe.

Yup, even the Pom-Poms are deadly

Deadly Pomeranian
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:47:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Interesting.  I've been to a goodly number of dog attacks, even shot a fair amount of the attacking animals,  but i've never heard of one actually EATING human flesh.

I wonder if the owner starved the dog to bring out the aggressiveness?

Her's a little personal stat for you.  Since 1983 I've shot somewhere around 30 dogs that were either attacking or just attacked someone or something, and could not be controlled by other means.

All but three had Rottie, Pit or Chow in their bloodline in various degrees.  I've shot one wolf mix,  one lab/shepherd and one Irish Wolfhound.  The Wolfhound had been tortured with a flounder gig
"to make him a better guard dog".

There was a dog attack here this morning,  4 people bitten at random when a dog got thru a gate.  It wasn't a Dachshund.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Whoa!!!  Wait a minute...those are the Puppies of Peace!  It's the owners, not the dogs!  They make great pets...just ask an owner.  They aren't instinctively aggressive or violent...that's all a lot of hooey!

Yea...right...

I pray for the little girl.  I hope all of you pit bull apologists wake up one day to the evil you are helping to perpetuate.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:53:18 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:57:54 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img43.imageshack.us/img43/695/dogbites6kx.jpg

What is a "pit bull"?

Do they mean American Pit Bull Terrier?  Do they mean American Stafforshire Terrier?  Or do they mean to say the "assault rifle" of the dog world???

A misnomer....a type of dog that acts a certain way, or is trained a certain way DESPITE it's bloodlines.....???

Hmm...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:00:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Glad one of those cops got to end the animals life. Good shooting!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:01:21 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is a "pit bull"?

Do they mean American Pit Bull Terrier?  Do they mean American Stafforshire Terrier?  Or do they mean to say the "assault rifle" of the dog world???

A misnomer....a type of dog that acts a certain way, or is trained a certain way DESPITE it's bloodlines.....???

Hmm...

difrance is, if a poodle gets pissed at u and bites, you hand may hurt.. if a pit does it, you might lose the hand..

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:01:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Whoa!!!  Wait a minute...those are the Puppies of Peace!  It's the owners, not the dogs!  They make great pets...just ask an owner.  They aren't instinctively aggressive or violent...that's all a lot of hooey!

Yea...right...

I pray for the little girl.  I hope all of you pit bull apologists wake up one day to the evil you are helping to perpetuate.

So a breed is "evil".  Interesting.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Of course the dogs breed isn't always in the headlines on these huh?

thanks for putting some perspective on this issue.  I don't personally care for pits, but I fully support responsible people's right to own one.....my asshat neighbor, OTOH, has been put on notice that if I see his pit on my land again, I'm gonna drop the carcass on his front porch....but this policy goes for ANY stray dogs on my property, not just pits.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:03:40 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is a "pit bull"?

Hmm...

difrance is, if a poodle gets pissed at u and bites, you hand may hurt.. if a pit does it, you might lose the hand..

So I guess Rotties should be right behind them then?  Followed closely by Shepherds.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is a "pit bull"?

Hmm...

Can't answer my question{s}?

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea...right...

You know exactly what I mean and it is not the "breed".  The dogs are dumb animals that operate purely on instinct and in reaction their environment.

The EVIL of which I speak are the continuing deaths of the innocents by these dogs; coupled with the gross negligence on the part of our neighbors and community leaders to help minimize the numbers of these attacks.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:15:17 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm not anti- pitbull.. any pet requires responsible ownership. However, different breeds of dogs will have different types of behavioral traits, depending upon the breed. For example, my sister's terrier goes apeshit trying to burrow for moles, and loves killing rodents. Her Great Dane just watches like she's crazy. The Dane would no more burrow for a rodent out of instinct than you or I. Is it such a leap to believe that a Pit Bull, or a Shepherd or Doberman for that matter,  could, by virtue of genetics, be statisically more likely engage in unprovoked attacks than a poodle or a Dachsund?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Too bad they had to " put the dog down" .  I mean to bad they wasted a bullet on him, I would much rather hear that they went to the garage and found some old gasoline, dowsed the damn thing and flicked a match on him.  Much more fitting death.  

I will never understand why anyone would have one of these vial beasts in a home with small children.  Even if the attacks are rare, they happen often enough that sensible people should no better thatn to leave their children unattended around them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:22:30 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Is it such a leap to believe that a Pit Bull, or a Shepherd or Doberman for that matter,  could, by virtue of genetics, be statisically more likely engage in unprovoked attacks than a poodle or a Dachsund?

Not hard to believe at all when witnessed by hard data.  Unfortunately even the CDC, who produced the chart above, says it's next to impossible to determine the real breed of these dogs doing the attacking.

I treat any medium, medium-large, or large breed dog like it should be treated.  I treat them as an animal that can inflict serious wounds on a human; especially a child.

It has been proven that dogs don't really see humans as humans, they see them as odd "dogs".  The smaller ones, kids, provoke a dominate behavior or even aggression in normally unaggressive dogs.  They have demonstrated that certain movements by children are received by dogs of MANY breeds to be threatening.

FWIW...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is a "pit bull"?

Hmm...

The term was originally used to describe the American Pit Bull Terrier.  It has since been broadened to include almost any dog with bull "traits".  ie, English Bull Dogs, Mastiffs, American Bull Dogs, Boxers, etc.

All the studies I have ever seen do not show Pit Bulls to be more prone to bite than any other breed.  What frightens most people is the table that was posted above.  Pit Bulls are capable of inflicting much greater damage than other breeds and are therefore involved in more of the fatal attacks.  

So in a nutshell, it is similar in certain ways to the "assault rifle" in that it instills fear in the uneducated and the dogs are being held responsible for behavior that they have been taught by their owners.  

Dogs that are kept on a chain are more aggressive than those that are not regardless of breed.  Also, as mentioned above by a LEO, unfortunately we have idiots out there that are breeding and training these dogs that don't have a clue about what they are doing.  You do not need to brutalize an animal to make it protective.  Dogs, ALL DOGS, are protective of their pack.  

It is sad, but it seems that this breed may be doomed by its popularity with the uneducated.  The CDC that tracks dog bite statistics acknowleges that there is no scientific proof of one breed being more "vicious" than any other and that the only direct correlation they can find is between the frequency of dog bites by breed and the popularity of that breed at the time.  Rottweilers are about to face the same problem as the Bull Breeds.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Too bad they had to " put the dog down" .  I mean to bad they wasted a bullet on him, I would much rather hear that they went to the garage and found some old gasoline, dowsed the damn thing and flicked a match on him.  Much more fitting death.  

Might want to seek professional help for the onset of possible psychosis.  I'm quite serious.

Pleasure in the suffering of animals, for the pure sake of the suffering, has often been linked to psychotic individuals.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea...right...

You know exactly what I mean and it is not the "breed".  The dogs are dumb animals that operate purely on instinct and in reaction their environment.

The EVIL of which I speak are the continuing deaths of the innocents by these dogs; coupled with the gross negligence on the part of our neighbors and community leaders to help minimize the numbers of these attacks.

But the deaths of innocents 30 in 30+ years by Rotties are less evil?  20 by Shepherds are OK?  Perhaps the dog does have a tendancy to be more fatal when it attacks, more difficult to shake loose.  But who are these "appologists" you refer to?  I've seen nobody suggesting a single threatning animal not be dealt as such,  Really though, in the grand scheme of life and the number of things you can die from Dog attacks (all) are like being struck by lightning.  For gods sake isn't there other things to concern ourselves with.

I consider the hype on this issue to be evil.  It's just like any other story they choose to turn into raving fear.  It's small kernel of basis in fact is blown out of all proportion, mixed with emotion and the earth is scoured to find every example of the supposed plauge to report.  As unpopular gun owners we should be well aware of the tactic.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
It is sad, but it seems that this breed may be doomed by its popularity with the uneducated.  The CDC that tracks dog bite statistics acknowleges that there is no scientific proof of one breed being more "vicious" than any other and that the only direct correlation they can find is between the frequency of dog bites by breed and the popularity of that breed at the time.  Rottweilers are about to face the same problem as the Bull Breeds.

Oh stop it, you sound reasonable.....

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:26:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Dude you need some help, got a few issues huh.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:30:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Irresponible owners, pity for the child.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do it.

yeah you'l run out of reports in about a week

...because the media doesn't report them unless it' a "pitbull".
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:31:11 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea...right...

But the deaths of innocents 30 in 30+ years by Rotties are less evil?  20 by Shepherds are OK?  Perhaps the dog does have a tendancy to be more fatal when it attacks, more difficult to shake loose.  But who are these "appologists" you refer to?  I've seen nobody suggesting a single threatning animal not be dealt as such,  Really though, in the grand scheme of life and the number of things you can die from Dog attacks (all) are like being struck by lightning.  For gods sake isn't there other things to concern ourselves with.

I consider the hype on this issue to be evil.  It's just like any other story they choose to turn into raving fear.  It's small kernel of basis in fact is blown out of all proportion, mixed with emotion and the earth is scoured to find every example of the supposed plauge to report.  As unpopular gun owners we should be well aware of the tactic.

Better hurry up and stock up on the breeds you want before they ban them.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

So I guess Rotties should be right behind them then?  Followed closely by Shepherds.

I wouldn't reccomend it.

Really.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:36:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Seriously though.....  Who leaves the a toddler and a dog together and no direct supervision?   Who does that?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:42:35 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is a "pit bull"?

Hmm...

My GSD towers over the smaller breed. My GSD could tear one to shreds. Don't underestimate the GSD or say that pitbulls are the largest, strongest breed. It's just that the media is having a love affair with trying to make them evil. They must've heard somewhere that Republicans like pitbulls or something. My GSD's intelligence is also superior to any other breed.

Anyway you pitbull fearing people are the same kind that want the ban of Ak's and Ar's because they're "scary" and "threatening" as well.

You guys act like pitbulls are wild animals like wolves. They're domesticated, dummies, bred as such for centuries. Since they are such, they only act as they are raised, much like children.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:18:19 PM EDT
[#46]

"pit bull" is the catch-all phrase used for non-specific or "mutt" dogs of large stature that bite. most dog bite statistic charts even reference that "pit bull" usually includes non-specific mutts.

a newspaper "pit bull" is vastly different from a bred american pit bull terrier or american bulldog. all these people say, "you never know, they might just snap..." need to read some history on the breed. most notably the fact that america's dog has an insanely stable personality.

people who mix-n-match random mastiff dogs, breed for bone and muscle size, then crop the ears and tie the dogs up with huge chains, never bothering to train them are going to be the undoing of ALL large dogs in this country.

you can see it right here with the, "...if [some little rat dog] bites you it only leaves a mark, but if a pit bites you then it peels off all your skin and swollows your soul, etc." argument.

anyone remember "more thrust per squeeze"?

ETA: dog liberals.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:42:51 PM EDT
[#47]
The dogs get a bad wrap. Like any living creature they are a product of there environment. Thats why some people are in jail for murder and rape , product of there environment. Pit bull attacks make headlines for the same reason shark attacks do, "sensationalism" . Pit bulls look mean and are very strong , but they are also very loving and loyal. Ban bad owners, not breeds.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:51:26 PM EDT
[#48]
I was nearly atacked last night by my Jack Russell Terrier. I'm not going to report it because I would hate to see her shot by the po-po or taken into custody by jack booted animal control nazis. I'll just have to exercise caution when I'm around her. BTW she weighs about 10 lbs., but can be quite ferocious.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:51:46 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
The dogs get a bad wrap. Like any living creature they are a product of there environment. Thats why some people are in jail for murder and rape , product of there environment. Pit bull attacks make headlines for the same reason shark attacks do, "sensationalism" . Pit bulls look mean and are very strong , but they are also very loving and loyal. Ban bad owners, not breeds.

Are you comparing a murderer and rapist to an APBT?

Product of their environment?  Dogs do not have higher thought processes.  The dog will do what it thinks it should do based on its training (or lack of).  All any dog wants to do is please the Alpha male of its pack.

Humans may be influenced by their environment, but they are capable of higher levels of reasoning and a sense of right and wrong.

There is no comparison between the two and I am not one to usually point the finger at anyone, but I think your post was probably just meant to incite a flood of angry responses.  

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:54:56 PM EDT
[#50]
i hate pit bulls.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top