Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2005 9:43:05 AM EDT
What do you think of the SOG Seal Pup knife for general purpose use?  What should they cost?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:42:18 PM EDT
[#1]
It's an excellent quality knife.
Pricewise, do some comparison shopping online.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:43:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Perfect for cutting jeep tops.

But seriously, I bought one for my buddy as a christmas present and he really liked it. But he was fucking around with it one day and broke the tip off of it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:45:59 PM EDT
[#3]
An excellent value in a knife. I've bought several on different internet forums, and never paid more than $45.00. Mind you, these were from guys selling out of their personal inventory, not as a retail sale. I'd have a hard time paying more than $50.00, but even at that price it would be worth it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#4]
It is a great knife, still have mine.  Holds an edge pretty good, nice size to it (I use mine as a hunting knife, skinning elk and deer, stuff like that)

I have matured into using Benchmade knifes how though.

They should cost around $60-$75.

Amazon.com has them for $58.50

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Seal Pup is a good knife for things a knife should be used for, cutting. Not a good prybar, or screwdriver, the AUS steel just isn't tough enough for it.

A good knife for that sort of thing it a Cold Steel SRK. Carbon V steel takes a beating without busting your wallet.

But the Seal is much easier to sharpen.

So GET BOTH!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:23:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, it's kind of cool looking , too.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:25:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I love mine.

Perfect size, good balance, easy to sharpen, and a durable sheath. Won't break the bank either.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:40:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I have beat the hell out of mine for the last 3 years.  It is still holding strong definitly worth the money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top