Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2005 9:15:44 AM EDT
Before the dupe police starts in on me, I searched the whole site with the terms "germany", "baby", "babies", "infant". First one who points out its a dupe will have a squad of JBTs wreck their place...

Here is the link on BBC

Dead babies find shocks Germany

Police were alerted after remains were found in a fish tank

German police are holding a woman suspected of manslaughter after the bodies of nine new-born babies were found buried in a garden.

The 39-year-old woman is believed to be the mother of the children found in Brieskow-Finkenheerd, in Brandenburg state, near the border with Poland.

Police officers with sniffer dogs were searching the site for further remains.

The grim discovery of little bodies found buried in flower pots and buckets has shocked Germany.

It is thought that the babies were born, and died, between 1988 and 2004.

"We are looking at a crime on a scale that, as far as I can remember, has never been seen in the history of the Federal Republic," Brandenburg Interior Minister Joerg Schoenbohm said in a statement.

"We have to ask ourselves how this incredible crime remained hidden over all these years. It's a question directed at relatives, neighbours, doctors and the authorities."

The bodies were discovered after someone clearing a garage at the site found human bones stored in a fish tank, police said.

According to Reuters, the woman has said she was the mother of the babies but has not admitted killing them. A court spokesman said her statement was confused.

Other discoveries

The woman has been identified in the German press only as Sabine H. She is reported to be a jobless dental assistant who moved from the house, where her mother and eldest sister live, to nearby Frankfurt an der Oder.

Bild newspaper said she met her first boyfriend, a former East German army officer and Stasi employee, when she was 17 and they had a daughter in 1984. She had two more children in the following two years.

Berliner Zeitung says she has lived for several years in Frankfurt an der Oder with a man who is the father of her youngest child, 18-month-old Elisabeth. Three other children - aged 18, 19 and 20 - live with her first husband.

Neighbour Ulrich Heitmann, 69, told the newspaper: "Sabine was quite a normal girl, not stupid at all".

The finds come after other recent grim discoveries in Germany, says the Associated Press.

Last week, a dead baby girl was found in a public toilet in Magdeburg and a young boy was discovered on a recycling company's conveyer belt in Guetersloh.

A walker in Lower Saxony found a dead baby in a plastic bag in June.

The authorities in Austria are holding the parents of at least three of four children whose bodies were found in a freezer and concrete-filled buckets at their home.

[Edited to add] Latest news from German websites indicate that she can't remember the exact ciscumstances of 7 of the 9 killings, as she had drunk extreme amounts of alcohol just prior to giving birth.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:16:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Jesus.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:19:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Better they be in the hands of the Lord then raised by her methinks.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Sometimes Darwin works in mysterious ways but he is working.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:24:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Care to explain that?

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:25:07 AM EDT
[#5]
It's just late-late term abortion.  No big deal.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:25:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Holy shit. WTF????????
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:30:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Care to explain that?

I think he means that children raised by such a parent would probably not have grown up to be positive contributions to society.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#8]
She was pregnant NINE times and no one noticed that no kids ever showed up until now??? WTF...

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:34:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Care to explain that?

I think he means that children raised by such a parent would probably not have grown up to be positive contributions to society.

Yes, and at least she is "eating her own" and not yours or mine. It's time for her to join her offspring now, and let Darwin move on.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:51:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Ya ever notice that really wierd shit usually happens in either the state of Florida or over in Germany?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:14:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By KC-130 FLT ENG:
Ya ever notice that really wierd shit usually happens in either the state of Florida or over in Germany?

It also happened in What was east germany.  soviets never really cared about eats germany, other than a buffer zone from the west.  Me thinks culturaly/social economicaly that place is a bit messed up here and there.  

Hell, what do I know...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:15:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#13]
These things happen.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

www.westwoodone.com/images/Photos/TALK/adamdrew.jpg

A couple years ago in MN a family was cleaning our their mother's storage locker after her death and found 3 mummified babies in shoe boxes.    
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:57:14 AM EDT
[#15]

"We are looking at a crime on a scale that, as far as I can remember, has never been seen in the history of the Federal Republic," Brandenburg Interior Minister Joerg Schoenbohm said in a statement.

I understand that evil crap like this is happening everywhere, but I would think that a politician standing within shouting distance of Nazi concentration and extermination camps would watch his "in the history of" statements.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#16]
One more update: The evil bitch, when asked why she didn't give up her kids for adoption, said that "it would have been embarassing". The DA also mentioned that she didn't think much of contraception.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Someone tell the liberals about this. They still believe things like that only happen in the US.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:22:29 PM EDT
[#18]
good fertilizer
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
good fertilizer

Say what?

Surely you aren't that big of a douchebag?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:30:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
good fertilizer

That's out of line.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:34:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
good fertilizer

Say what?

yea, dead babies usually make a pretty good joke...ok ok I got one for you.

Q: How do you get 100 babies into a bucket?
A: With a blender!

Q: How do you get them out again?
A: With Doritos!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:36:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I understand that evil crap like this is happening everywhere, but I would think that a politician standing within shouting distance of Nazi concentration and extermination camps would watch his "in the history of" statements.

He's trying to say, "since the end of WW-II", or "since Germany's reunificiation"..........................
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:36:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
good fertilizer

Say what?

I take it you don't have any children?
So why don't you have any respect? Mother too attentive during potty training?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:40:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

nah...not anymore, I got hungry and ate em.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WHY IS THIS FUCKSTICK STILL HERE?

Pooby gets banned for one word?   The same things were said after a certain helicopter crash.
This underwear stain should not be here.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

cmon, guy. You take life that serious all the time?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:46:31 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

cmon, guy. You take life that serious all the time?

No, but better people than you have been banned for a hell of a lot less.

Either enforce it evenly or not at all.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:48:28 PM EDT
[#29]
People with no self respect, rarely have any for others. Gaspain is a prime example. I hope it is youth talking and not just stupidity.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:54:34 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Thanks.  The others might not appreciate a good, sick joke...but that's their loss.

The fact that you're being threatened with being banned for having bad taste is just plain stew-ped.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
People with no self respect, rarely have any for others. Gaspain is a prime example. I hope it is youth talking and not just stupidity.

actually, its enlightenment speaking. I can laugh at the greatest of tragediess because it embraces and reinforces the human condition we are all so caught up in; life. It helps to cope with the drama and suffering of all human actions.  You can feed off the negative energy of the bad news of the day, every day of your life. Or you can laugh and learn about what makes us human and live your life and observe others in blissfull solitude.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

actually, its enlightenment speaking. I can laugh at the greatest of tragediess because it embraces and reinforces the human condition we are all so caught up in; life. It helps to cope with the drama and suffering of all human actions.  You can feed off the negative energy of the bad news of the day, every day of your life. Or you can laugh and learn about what makes us human and live your life and observe others in blissfull solitude.

I did laugh at the dorito thing...
"never had crime on that scale"-german douche

Yeah, and how many people died in the school shooting they had a few years ago (20 something)
And of course, the concentration camps.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:58:29 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm quite happy that someone beat me to the punch with the dead baby joke
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:36:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.  The others might not appreciate a good, sick joke...but that's their loss.

The fact that you're being threatened with being banned for having bad taste is just plain stew-ped.

7th grade potty jokes, no reason to ban...this is "general" and people should be able to cope with it after clicking on a link about "Dead Babies"

I've seen pictures of asian delicacies including babies...real or not, upsetting and not easy to look at--but I clicked on the link.

there are sick fucks in the world...we need more capital punishment.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:44:02 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't share that view. Stories like the one I cited cause feelings inside of me that I can't just sweep away with "let's laugh at the greatest of tragedies." It hits too close to home, and makes me think of the overwhelming love I feel for my children and what I would do if I were to lose one of them.

That's nothing to laught about. I don't care who you are.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Sort of my point for you thin skinned ones.

Just the other day someone was locked for using one single word.

The same off color jokes were made about cops in a helicopter and the world
freaked out.

Why is a dead baby joke OK and a dead cop joke a banning offense.

It's confusing how things are applied.  Not a bash on the mods, God knows
I wouldnt want that job.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:59:03 PM EDT
[#38]
What an enlightened age we live in.

Infanticide can now be shrugged-off as "Darwin at work"  "Saved society the trouble of raising them."

How pleasant.  How marvelously practical

Sometimes, it is just beyond words to describe.

I say chaps.  I hear they will be bringing back gas chambers for the little blighters soon.  Job pays well.  You may want to put in an ap.  Maybe a little shovel work at the mass graves, maybe?  Retards, crazies, people who look different, or think different from you.  Just off 'em.  Yeah.

And for retirement, just throw yourself in.

Hitler would be proud of how advanced western society has become in our day.

Proud.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Wow. Anybody NOT have their feelings on their sleeves tonight?

It's a fucking tragedy. A horrific, amazingly sickening tragedy. And if you don't learn to laugh sometime, you're going to go fucking nuts.

I laughed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
good fertilizer

Say what?

That's wrong on so many levels.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#41]
So... let me get this right.  It is perfectly accepted in China to kill baby girls
(as long as nobody is looking) but this one story shakes everyone up?

Jesh.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
So... let me get this right.  It is perfectly accepted in China to kill baby girls (as long as nobody is looking) but this one story shakes everyone up?

Jesh.

NO, SHITHEAD.  KILLING BABIES ANYWHERE, FOR ANY REASON, IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.  DO YOU NEED IT ANY PLAINER?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:08:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Personal attacks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top