Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2005 6:49:00 AM EDT

"Anderson Man Accused Of Killing Son
Son Dies Hours After Shooting

ANDERSON, S.C. -- An Anderson man was in jail Monday, accused of shooting and killing his 15-year-old son. Douglas Rhodes (left) is led away from his home in handcuffs Sunday afternoon.

Police said Douglas Rhodes shot his son Hunter Rhodes in the head with a 9-mm handgun after an argument between father and son escalated.

Police said the teen and his mother were visiting Rhodes at his Hampton Road home when the shooting occurred. The boy did not live with his father.

Both the teen and his mother were taken to Anderson Area Medical Center. The boy died early Monday morning. There was no immediate word on his mother's condition or injuries.

Rhodes was originally charged with assault and battery with intent to kill, but he was charged with murder Monday morning."
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:50:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Why this creature is moving under his own power is beyond me.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:54:57 AM EDT
[#2]
WTF?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:09:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Yet another example of that some people are still alive is only because you get in trouble for killing them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:12:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I think there is more to this story than that brief story indicates.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:17:50 AM EDT
[#5]
A 9mm killed someone?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:41:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
A 9mm killed someone?

Everybody knows it's like getting punched.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:43:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like the end of his genetic line.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:44:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:45:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A 9mm killed someone?

Everybody knows it's like getting punched.

I heard +P+ is like taking a full power shot from squatdog.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:55:04 AM EDT
[#10]
That'll buff out.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:12:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:21:23 AM EDT
[#12]
You people jump to conlcusions too damn fast.  The story says so little about the actual events that it is impossible to come to any conclusions.

Moreover, we all know that the media always gets the story right [sarcsam].
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:26:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You people jump to conlcusions too damn fast.  The story says so little about the actual events that it is impossible to come to any conclusions.

While you are right, I struggle to think of a circumstance under which this would result in an arrest if it were a justifiable homicide, like if he were "drawn down on" first.  That he was arrested lends itself to the typical redneck tragedy that it likely was.  Why are you so ready to think this is other than stated?  Not baiting, just curious.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:30:29 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A 9mm killed someone?

Everybody knows it's like getting punched in the head.

fixed it
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:33:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Why this creature is moving under his own power is beyond me.

+1
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

While you are right, I struggle to think of a circumstance under which this would result in an arrest if it were a justifiable homicide, like if he were "drawn down on" first.  That he was arrested lends itself to the typical redneck tragedy that it likely was.  Why are you so ready to think this is other than stated?  Not baiting, just curious.

It may well turn out that the previous posters views of this guy is correct.  I just can't see anything within the original information provided which supports the Hang 'em High views.  There is a relative paucity of facts in the story.  Who the hell knows what occurred until more details come out.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top