Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 6:37:58 AM EDT
I hate complaining but I'm miserable.  I hurt my back yesterday pushing the darn car into the garage.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:39:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:40:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Take 400 miligrams of motrin every 4 hours.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:41:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll rub your back.

Or your front.

Your choice!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:41:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Heat and ice, switch between the two, Motrin as previously suggested, and Icy Hot if you have any.

Should have put your thighs into it.....
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:42:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I hate when I hurt my back. It's one of those nagging things that you can't seem to make 100% comfortable until it heals. I mean one wrong move and OUCH!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:43:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Tylenol allergy/sinus, washed down with a healthy mix of Jack and coke should do the trick.  

Self Medicating= less Dr visits.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:43:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Heat and ice, switch between the two, Motrin as previously suggested, and Icy Hot if you have any.

Should have put your thighs into it.....

Or what about "hot ice"? You heat up the ice cubes. Best of both worlds!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:44:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Pretty funny guys.  Thanks for the help and offers.  I am trying those.  I'm training 9 dogs right now with 3 more on the way this week.  I have no time for being laid up.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:45:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, you know how this works.  Grown ups are not allowed to make their own decisions, so:
A: Go to the doctor and pay far too much to be told something you already know: that you are in pain.
B: Without making the doctor think you are an addict, beg him/her for the meds you need.
C: Don't forget to pay exhorbitant bill on the way out.
D: Go to the pharmacy, where you will have the opportunity to wait in a long line and deal with a condescending pharmacist who likes to fantasise that they are an actual doctor.
E: Continue to wait while said pharmacist spends 30 minutes doing what they actually do most: deal with your insurance company.
F; When it's ready, pay the bill, and don't forget to portion out your meds, as you will of course not be prescribed enough, as it's important that you be protected from yourself.

I'm sorry you're in pain, that sucks.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:49:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Pretty funny guys.  Thanks for the help and offers.  I am trying those.  I'm training 9 dogs right now with 3 more on the way this week.  I have no time for being laid up.

Patty

DAMNIT!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:36:38 AM EDT
[#11]
  Pretty funny!  Patty
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:41:50 AM EDT
[#12]
You need a more comfortable chair when posting.

Take a hot bath tonight and feel better!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:51:23 AM EDT
[#13]
The hot cold thing is indeed what will take the pain away. Sorry to hear that you hurt your back. Things take a bit longer to heal/repair. Hope you are feeling better soon.

P.S. How did the CD burning come out?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:53:02 AM EDT
[#14]
I feel your pain Patty,  Im 24  i injured my back a couple years ago.  now i have to go to the chiropractor monthly it seems.  sometimes weekly depending on how bad it is.  I will be taking tylenol for probably the rest of my life  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:54:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Just have a drink...you know you want one anyways.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:56:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Go downtown, get a fifth of Jim Beam and an eight ball, and quit yer bitchin'.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top