Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 4:52:10 AM EDT
CBA teacher surrenders to face rape charge

A former English teacher at Christian Brothers Academy in Albany has been sent to jail after being accused of having sex with a 16-year-old student.

More than an hour after she was schedule to appear 42-year-old Sandra Beth Geisel walked into Colonie police headquarters to face the charges against her.

Police say that on two occasions last May Geisel had sexual intercourse with a 16-year-old former student -- on May 15 at her former residence in Latham and then again on May 28 inside the press box at the Christian Brothers Academy athletic field.

Geisel's attorney, Donald Kinsella, entered a not guilty plea for his client on two felony charges of rape in the third degree and two charges of endangering the welfare of a minor.

Town Judge Richard DiStefano remanded her to Albany County Jail without bail.

“I will be making a bail application at some point in the near future.  There are only to E felonies, which only have a maximum term of imprisonment of one and a third to four,” Kinsella said.

Geisel was fired from her job at CBA after Cohoes police said they found her having sex in a parked car with another one of her students.  No charges were filed in that case because the student was 17 years old at the time, which is the age of consent in New York.

It was after that incident became public that Geisel was fired and the 16-year-old victim came forward to police.

Many parents have had harsh words for the CBA administration for keeping the matter under wraps for so long.

Attorney John Aretakis represents some of those parents.

“I'm helping several families at CBA.  This information and other e-mails that we’ve seen have come across my desk,” Aretakis said.

One e-mail from concerned parents to CBA officials alleges on a school sponsored trip to Florida Geisel not only provided alcohol to students, but she herself became so intoxicated that she had to be carried to  her hotel room.

Colonie Police Chief Steve Heider says the case of a female teacher abusing one of her male students is still unusual.

“Unfortunately in our society our society probably precludes a lot of young men from reporting because it’s been thought as a conquest and not a victimization,” Heider said.

Neither CBA officials nor their attorney would comment on Monday's developments.

NewsChannel 13 has learned Geisel has seen mental health staff at the Albany County Jail and is under constant observation.  She has not been placed in the general population.  She will be seeing a jail psychiatrist for evaluation Tuesday.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:56:47 AM EDT
[#1]

“Unfortunately in our society our society probably precludes a lot of young men from reporting because it’s been thought as a conquest and not a victimization,”

Yeah, that's terrible.  I feel for the poor kid.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:58:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh, my....
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:09:01 AM EDT
[#3]
The poor child!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:16:22 AM EDT
[#4]
If I was that kid I would have kept my mouth shut. Only in my dreams did i wish for that to happen when I was a teenager!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:19:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

“Unfortunately in our society our society probably precludes a lot of young men from reporting because it’s been thought as a conquest and not a victimization,”

Yeah, that's terrible.  I feel for the poor kid.

We can't have 16 year old guys NOT feeling like they are victims.  We must make them feel terrible!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:22:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Oh, my....

not bad at all.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:24:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Why didn't these things happen when I was in school?  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:25:57 AM EDT
[#8]
and once agien if it was the sexes were reversed  everyone would scream  kill the fucker.

damn where were these women 7 years ago when i was 16.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:31:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:34:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Man, taht kid must have been one hell of an idiot to screw up that arrangment.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:39:12 AM EDT
[#11]
It was my social studies teacher. Man was she Hot. She rode a Harley .. I was 16 and would have banged her in a heart beat. Not a problem.... WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:43:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A former English teacher at Christian Brothers Academy in Albany has been sent to jail after being accused of having sex with a 16-year-old student.

I wished I could have banged my English Teacher when I was 16…

ANdy

Didn't ALL your teachers were English?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:51:47 AM EDT
[#13]
i managed to get frisky with  one of the teachers while i was in highschool, but its not as disturbing as one might think.

Our families were friends, and she had just graduated college the year i was a freshman. She was teaching at my school and she was hot. To bad i couldn't let anyone know at the time, cause i would have been "the man"
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:52:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Give her the same treatment as a 42 year old male teacher banging a 16 yr old female.

Yeah yeah, everyone had a hot teacher in HS, doesn't give her the right to fuck up the school (we are paying taxes for these kids to be taught to be useful to society, not to subsidize some teacher's fantasies)

Remember psycho bitch in WA and her student lover - how many kids do they have now? How much will society pay for support?

Throw her in dykeville and let her munch repo rugs. Leave the fucking kids alone.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:36:57 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Obviously yours weren't
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:48:24 PM EDT
[#16]
No charges were filed in that case because the student was 17 years old at the time, which is the age of consent in New York.
making note of the only relevent information in this article
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:20:55 PM EDT
[#17]
[Napolean Dynamite] Lucky! [/Napolean Dynamite]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wished I could have banged my English Teacher when I was 16…

ANdy

Sounds like none of your's were
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:24:58 PM EDT
[#19]
All I can say is my German teacher, the German Club and the end of school party.  Of course I was 17 and she was 25 so it didn't matter.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:26:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I saw a news clip of her when I went home for lunch. YOWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEE! I'm just glad none of my teachers pulled the same crap. Half of them were male and the women could break mirrors.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#21]
What's worse: banging some high school slut when you are 16 or banging your STD-free English teacher who might teach you a thing or to in the process?  I mean when you are 16 you can drive a car and work why can’t you bang-bang-bang?  One of my old high-school Spanish teachers came into where I work the other day.  She looked hot.  We let her know.  She is also a personal trainer; my roommate (who was also in her class) and I asked if she would like to train us.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:27:27 PM EDT
[#22]
She appears to be a good-looking woman. Teenage boy fantasies aside (which I am guilty of as well), what makes a well-established 42 year old woman want to have sex with a "boy?"
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Yeah yeah, everyone had a hot teacher in HS, doesn't give her the right to fuck up the school (we are paying taxes for these kids to be taught to be useful to society, not to subsidize some teacher's fantasies)

This was in a private school... no tax money was wasted.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:33:24 PM EDT
[#24]
here is a link to most of the schools in the usa, public and private where you can check the ratings of teachers. you can find  this broad listed too. intrestingly the last 4 comments about her are "under review"

can check out your kids teachers too

www.ratemyteachers.com/
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
She appears to be a good-looking woman. Teenage boy fantasies aside (which I am guilty of as well), what makes a well-established 42 year old woman want to have sex with a "boy?"

smae mental screw up that makes men want to have sex with underage girls.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:39:09 PM EDT
[#26]
CBA

She's doing the world a favor, those kids need to get laid.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#27]
French student teacher....whew! short skirts and bent over all the time
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top