Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2005 12:57:11 AM EDT
I selected USPS Priority Mail, paid $4.85 + $1.30 insurance, I selected the option in eBay and then even wrote in the PayPal comments to use USPS Priority Mail.

So the guy emails me after the auction and said it went out USPS First Class, please wait 4 days. WTF.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:59:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:08:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Level 1 pissed:  negative feedback.  Kind of passive-aggressive, but maybe it gets the job done.

Level 2 pissed:  Complaint to eBay?  It is fraud after all.

Level 3 pissed:  Complaint to postmaster?  Fraud committed in connection with and by way of the U.S. postal service...federal issue?  (Maybe, maybe not...)

Jim
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:29:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Level 1 pissed:  negative feedback.  Kind of passive-aggressive, but maybe it gets the job done.

Level 2 pissed:  Complaint to eBay?  It is fraud after all.

Level 3 pissed:  Complaint to postmaster?  Fraud committed in connection with and by way of the U.S. postal service...federal issue?  (Maybe, maybe not...)

Jim

Level 4 pissed: Hunt down the POS and kill his pets, leave carcass in perp's bed.

Just kidding, that would be cruel putting them in his bed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:40:04 AM EDT
[#4]

I was going to say "Level 4 : S S S" but I figured Arfcom would fill in that blank anyway.

Jim
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:46:44 AM EDT
[#5]
ask for a postage refund, that's flat out fraud
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:08:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I also hear that Paypal is anti gun, is this true and does anyone have a link to that?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:09:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, they will cancel your acocunt if they find you buying/selling anything firearms related.

Quoted:
I also hear that Paypal is anti gun, is this true and does anyone have a link to that?

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:21:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yes, they will cancel your acocunt if they find you buying/selling anything firearms related.

Quoted:

What no tons of gunshops use paypal for online shit   or ha! if that was a joke paypal and ebay seem antigun but so it is in all of Cali
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:10:25 AM EDT
[#9]
He's a dummy-

I usually ask at the PO which way is cheaper, and the 1st Class rate is always pretty close to Priority Mail.

Why would he piss you off to save 35 cents or whatever?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#10]
My wife recently started using eBay. She bought some maternity clothes and got them last week. Some of teh clothes smelled like they were worn in a smokey bar before being boxed up and shipped out.

In the woman's ad she makes it a point to say the seller lives in a smoke free house. Well, my wife left her positive feedback about the fast shipping, but that some of the clothes stank of smoke. Looking at the woman's prior feedbacks she had another customer say the same thing.

The woman e-mails my wife and gets all in her shit about how my wife practically stole the clothes they were such a good deal and how dare she leave negative feedback. She said she ate the price of shipping them Priority and that her "distributor" doesn't smoke.

My wife comes back and slams the woman again saying "It's eBay. if you want to make the max on your items put a reserve price. I didn't ask for the shipping method you sent them through, so your eating the cost of shipping isn't my problem. The clothes smelled smokey. If you live in a smoke free home but you're not actually handling the product at any poitn why put that down."

The woman comes back again bitching about how her husband can't work and this is her business, blah blah blah.

Some people on eBay are so frickin whiney.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:52:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
He's a dummy-

I usually ask at the PO which way is cheaper, and the 1st Class rate is always pretty close to Priority Mail.

Why would he piss you off to save 35 cents or whatever?

+1  The rates are so close I doubt he did it to screw you out of a few cents.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:53:08 AM EDT
[#12]
What I run into is guys who sell broken shit claiming it's "like new" then when it gets to you and yo ucomplain they say "it must have happened in shipping, file a claim".

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:03:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What no tons of gunshops use paypal for online shit   or ha! if that was a joke paypal and ebay seem antigun but so it is in all of Cali

Here's the policy on the Paypal WEBSITE.  Perhaps you should do some research, genius, before supporting your enemies.   Secondarily, try to master the english language.

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/use/index_frame-outside&ed=weapons

FIREARMS
You may not use PayPal in the purchase or sale of any firearm. This includes all rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether for use in sporting, as collectibles, or curio and relic (C&R) firearms, and regardless of their present working order. Furthermore, PayPal defines “firearm” consistent with the U.S. Code and, as such, prohibits frames, receivers, or any other serialized firearm components. For more information, please refer to U.S. Code Title 18, Section 921

Exception for Imitation and Non-Powder Guns
PayPal permits the use of its services in the sale of certain properly-conforming replica (imitation) guns, paintball guns, blank guns, and “air-soft” guns. These items must display all markings required by law, must not be able to be readily converted to shoot a lethal projectile, and blank ammunition must not be included in the sale. For more information regarding regulations applicable to the sale of imitation firearms, please refer to U.S. Code Title 15, Section 5001. The sale of imitation guns may be regulated differently outside the U.S., and international buyers and sellers must abide by these laws accordingly.

FIREARM PARTS AND ACCESSORIES
You may not use PayPal to purchase or sell any firearm receivers or frames, components and parts of receivers and frames, or "cut" or "80%" receivers. PayPal also does not permit assault weapon-related parts and accessories, firearm silencers, and kits designed to convert a firearm to have automatic firing capability. This includes the sale of any parts or accessories prohibited for sale by the National Firearms Act or other federal or state law, including items related to short-barreled shotguns or short-barreled rifles, fully automatic weapons, large-capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators and camouflaging firearm containers.

For more information about the National Firearms Act (NFA) and its requirements, please refer to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms website.

AMMUNITION
You may not use PayPal to buy or sell high-capacity magazines (those which hold more than 10 rounds), ammunition with propellant (e.g., gunpowder), or blank ammunition. The term "ammunition" means ammunition or cartridge cases, primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for use in any firearm.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:13:09 AM EDT
[#15]
I can't stand it when someone tries to sell something for cheap but then wants a rediculous price for shipping.

An example is a printer cartridge for $18 at the Chinamart.  On Egay it is $9.99 but the asshole charges $8 shipping.  The item really took 78 cents to ship.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:29:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
What I run into is guys who sell broken shit claiming it's "like new" then when it gets to you and yo ucomplain they say "it must have happened in shipping, file a claim".

So if you have shipping insurance would it be covered?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:31:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So if you have shipping insurance would it be covered?

Yeah, that's the trick. They get to sell messed up gear at non-messed up gear prices, and you ahve to deal with an insurance claim with the shipping company (major pain in the ass) to get your money back.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:41:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ask Jeff at CMMG about ebay.

They have been banned multiple times
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:53:30 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I can't stand it when someone tries to sell something for cheap but then wants a rediculous price for shipping.

An example is a printer cartridge for $18 at the Chinamart.  On Egay it is $9.99 but the asshole charges $8 shipping.  The item really took 78 cents to ship.  

That's how sellers avoid paying ebay their pound of flesh. You can see alot of this when you look at cheaper items like cell phone accessories, for example.  Ebay charges on final price, not price plus shipping.  Alot of cell phone accessories sell for a penny or a quarter or 99 cents. The shipping is where they get their profit.

Also, it's a way for the seller to recoop the ebay fees and the paypal fees. If you post in your auction that the buyer is paying the fees, ebay cancels your auction. So people jack up shipping to compensate.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:18:47 AM EDT
[#20]
I sold a part on Epay and in the auction said it would go priority mail.  When I mailed it, I forgot and just did first class.  I remembered halfway down the street so I turned around and went back to the post office to correct the mistake.  No biggie to me.  My honor's worth more than a few cents.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:17:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I sold a part on Epay and in the auction said it would go priority mail.  When I mailed it, I forgot and just did first class.  I remembered halfway down the street so I turned around and went back to the post office to correct the mistake.  No biggie to me.  My honor's worth more than a few cents.

You're one of the good ones....
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Some people on eBay are so frickin whiney.

Kinda like ARFCOM too huh?  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

odd that I've paid for 2 memberships at arfcom with pay pal in the last year and no cancelation
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#24]
My biggest problem with Ebay is their definition of
misrepresentation of a product.

IE :
MINT MEANS MINT !

It's not a vague term with varying degrees of definition
like other words.

Someone sold me a 30 year old Mustang Cobra steering
wheel that was described as mint ,NOS in the add.

They cleaned off the rust on it with a f'n beltsander.
Not even all of it at that.
The pics were severely deceptive.
I had to pay a huge RESTOCKING fee ,or else I had to
pay for legal action.

Safe harbor protection my ass !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top